• 72 results
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

The squads guns would probably overheat before they could kill the entire army. 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

The Civil War soldiers.

Each side will probably have a unique battle plan but the having a portion of the Civil War soldiers sacri... I mean distract the opposition while another portion initiates an overwhelming flanking maneuver.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Geno
@Hailinel said:
" @Geno said:
" Are you sure the modern tacs don't get a tank :P? Let's say they were epic strong and they carried a small to medium tank together, with infinite ammunition they might have a chance.  "
Life isn't a video game.  Real weapons don't come with infinite ammo, and there is no way a tank can stock enough shells to take out  anywhere even close to 50,000 people.. "
The OP said that they had small ammo caches that were more than enough to kill everyone. If the enemy came in waves they could restock. 
goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By goth_bacon

Civil War army, without a doubt.  A force of 50,000 is impossible for a team of six to take on without any other support. 

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Tuggah

Dude, civil war group, they invented the Model 1887's, auto-win right there.  Of course it all depends on how the Civil War army arrives, in one giant mass or split up into smaller units.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Tuggah said:
" Dude, civil war group, they invented the Model 1887's, auto-win right there. "
And with the benefit of primitive technology, no patches!
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Coombs

In a field,
The Civil War Era Army would win, Sheer Numbers.

But if the modern squad went guerrilla warfare the "civils" would have no chance. 
They would get picked off one by one, And... well however many you could take out with a grenade... At a time,

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By shirogane

Reminds me of all those zombie apocalypse maps on war3. Which almost always ended in your whole squad being wiped out. 

And these were slow ass braindead zombies with no range.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By warxsnake

one of the dudes in the tactical squad calls in combined artillery, airstrike and naval bombardment on the now-dead 50,000 troops. presto

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Mrnitropb

Um, the 50k troops youre talking about would also have several batteries of cannon backing them up.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By apathylad
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" That would make an insane spec ops mission for MW2. "
Yes! This would be awesome. It will be like Nazi Zombies, except the 'zombies' will have inaccurate rifles.

Now that I think about it, I imagine the modern day soldiers will have vests that will protect them from Civil War bullets...
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62  Edited By Termite
@ryanwho said:

" @Termite said:

" 50,000 vs 6?  I don't care how well equipped the tactical force is, they're dead. "
Reading is hard. No, 50k versus the entirety of the Civil War force. Which is something like 10 million? Not sure what the exact number is. So divide 10 mil by 50k. That's 200 civil war men per modern tactical officer. "
The OP specifically said 50,000 Civil War troops, and a tactical force of 6. Jesus Christ.
  @Theavsfan said:
" America's top special forces tactical squad, 6 men equipped with today's best weapons. They can only use weapons that they can carry on their person (i.e. No Nuclear Bombs, AC-130s, etc.)   or    50,000 men from the North and South side of the Civil War."

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By mrfizzy

I think your all forgetting the psychological side of this. If the civil war guys know who/what they are fighting, and the tactical force is smart and works on taking out the officers/higher ranks, a hell of a lot of those civil war guys are going to be throwing down their guns and pissing off home. Also dont forget that a tactical force is most likely going to be splitting up and moving around the enemy, striking where they least expect it. This would most likely freak the civil war soldiers out more and more. 

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Black_Raven

The Civil war army would win easily, if the tactical force had no kind of backup it would be absolutely impossible for them to win.

Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By Seraphim2150
@Theavsfan: Hmm my maths failed me
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Drebin_893

Anyone who chose Modern Day Tactical Force is either an idiot or can't read.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By zeforgotten

Since there are no respawns in life, and most people on here seem to think that the "modern day tactical force" does everything in real life, just like they do in games (morons) then I would be really surprised if you guys saw the outcome.  

6 dudes would get mowed like vermin in a matter of seconds.  

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even with the force multipliers of modern weaponry, training and tactics. The tactical squad is just simply outgunned and outnumbered. The numerically superior force will flank and envelope the squads positions and start pounding them with canons or men. I'd doubt they would even survive a single bayonet charge.

Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Valco
@Hailinel:
Because, like me, people vote first and read the conditions later. As has been said, eventually, if its a stand up fight, numbers are always going to win. Yeah you might have a gun capable of hunderds of rounds a minute, yeah you might be the best trained soldiers on the planet, buy you going to have to sleep sometime.    
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70  Edited By Willy105

The modern day fighters would need some modern day vehicles to run over a large part of the Civil War army in order to win. A nuke would help too.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@TheMustacheHero: I think its hilarious.
@ryanwho: There's something about sticking "guy" in every sentence that I really like.
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By buzz_killington

Even if the 50,000 use their bare hands, they can fuck up the 6 dudes.