The Era may be dead, but the legend continues…

Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since Kyle has been talking about Tomb Raider this week on his wonderful show The Final Bosman, It kind of stirred up some thoughts about a Glitch I found in the new Tomb Raider that I sent to Kotuku. Here is the Article:Here . I want to first explain something here so you understand the background story and why I sent it to them, so please, bare with me.

I think it’s fair to say that most people that have been gaming for the past decade might remember the first PlayStation console. If you don’t, pleases listen to this [ Disclaimer] Don’t get mad at me for making you want to play some PS1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ivdML1Xes . In that generation, Tomb Raider was the game that broke into the 3rd dimension in ways I never thought was possible. I was completely mesmerized by the game and played the living hell out of it. In fact, I played the living hell out of all the Tomb Raiders from that point on.

In elementary school, I was shocked to hear that there was a glitch in the game that if you performed correctly it would render Lora naked. I was only 13 at the time so you can image what I did when I got home from school that day. Hours and hours me and my buddy tried to perform the glitch. Back then we didn’t have YouTube and we depended on word of mouth and game magazines to tell us everything we knew. Needless to say, the glitch never happened and our poor young adolescent hearts were broken ; P. Surprisingly, this glitch had spread like wild fire threw out my school. Some of the kids where saying they got it to work. A bunch of us would head over to their house and sit around the TV playing for hours trying to figure it out. Their mom would give us kool aid and sandwiches as we sat on the floor eating and desperately trying to get it to work. We even started calling people we knew at school who said they figured it out and asking them how they did it. It was a fruitless adventure from the beginning.

I keep asking myself, were we really just a bunch of little perverts back then? Probably, but the real truth is, it was a great excuse to get together and hang out, plus the bragging rights at school would have made you a god.. Yes, we lost the mission but we won hours of fun and years of new friendships. Thinking back now, this little Glitch was much bigger than just seeing someone naked, it reminds me of an era we just don’t have anymore. A time when we sat on the cold floor nestled around the TV shouting at each other as one of our buddys would keep watch at the door for a parent that might walk in as we pulled off the trick. Fueled on sugar and sandwiches, we sat there together.

Some of those friends have past away on me over the years. Whenever I see an article or web post on Tom Raider I always think of them.

Well, its many years later and me and a buddy of mine are once again playing the latest Tomb Raider game that something unexpected happened. After being to close to a Pipe I accidently ignited it killing me instantly, but when the game reloaded all of Loras meshes and skin textures started acting up. I reloaded the last save several times until it seemingly fixed itself. It wasn’t till I walked up to another pipe that you could see Loras tank top start to disappear revealing what many have dubbed the “Mono Boob” . It was a strange glitch, that didn’t completely expose her but left me asking some questions about some oddly shaped square stains that were placed over the exact location she would have her nipples.

I happened to be recording my game at the time and was able to capture this. I sat there for a good hour or so debating on whether or not I should post this, in fact I actually started a thread asking people’s opinions about it here: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/tomb-raider-glitch-exposes-laras-chest-what-should-29369569/

Eventually, I sent it into Kotuku and they published it. Reading threw the comments from people it was clear that some of us understood that this was more than just about looking at boobs, that it was about re-living a time. For me the nostalgia of the situation and a strange sense of closer to things is what ultimately made me send it in. For a little while there I think many of us felt like kids again, all huddled around that old bulky TV trying to get the trick to work. I had received several thousand E-Mails from people asking me how I managed to get this glitch to work. A lot of those people I still continue to talk to as we shared similar child hoods and understood that this was more of an old grudge that needed to be rectified. I understood it because I lived it, as did the many thousands of people that bombarded my E-mail. I really wasn’t the only one that didn’t just see Boobs. It was un-finished business coming to re-visit.

To my old friends that past that could not be there to see it, I feel in a strange way that it was a small victory for our childhood memories. I hope you enjoyed my explanation of things and maybe a few of you can even relate.

I know it will be hard for some of you to understand but a few of you will get it. I wish you all the best and hope you can have the same wonderful memories as me and my friends did. Game on gentlemen, and remember…

The Era may be dead, but the legend continues…

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfgame

Interesting post, I can't relate to the tomb raider thing directly. But I remember in my school you could become a legend by saying you found a hidden fatality in mortal kombat. Its things like that kids will never really experience now.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

Might want to put things more in context. Pretty sure a lot of people have not heard of the final bosman around here even though I personally think it's a great show.

Cool story though

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never knew about this show, and my last name is Bosman. Not one you hear that often.