ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/biztech/08/01/fcc.comcast.ap/index.html

Looks like if you were hassled by Comcast hating your file sharing programs you are now good to go. I've been using Comcast with a 16 MBPS connection and I've never had any torrent issues before...

dynoegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dynoegg

AT&T and Time Warrner up next...

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Megalon

My torrenting speed used to be artificially limited by comcast somehow, but ever since this FCC business started going down the limit mysteriously vanished....

Ironically, 99% of the time I use torrents for perfectly legal file sharing.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tiefster
Megalon said:
"My torrenting speed used to be artificially limited by comcast somehow, but ever since this FCC business started going down the limit mysteriously vanished....

Ironically, 99% of the time I use torrents for perfectly legal file sharing.
"
Yeah, same here.  I noticed for a good chunk of time almost anything legal or illegal was taking a lot longer than it should've.  I'm happy this happened.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive
ShadowSkill11 said:
"http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/biztech/08/01/fcc.comcast.ap/index.html

Looks like if you were hassled by Comcast hating your file sharing programs you are now good to go. I've been using Comcast with a 16 MBPS connection and I've never had any torrent issues before...
"
im using comcast internet right temporarily (because verizon dsl got all crappy) until verizon FiOs becomes available in my area- which is a whole other topic thats pissing me off. 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Comcast is a bad and very monoplistic company, They say microsoft is but you atleast have a choice in the matter with that.
Comcast which im forced to use is the only cable company in my area, I used to have insight and then comcast took that over and  now im forced to use them...and they suck! the ping times on my connection are unacceptable.

I could get dsl but there is only one phone jack in my house, and cost to line phone throughout would be huge, so theres no choice there either.

TwoOneFive said:

"ShadowSkill11 said:

"
im using comcast internet right temporarily (because verizon dsl got all crappy) until verizon FiOs becomes available in my area- which is a whole other topic thats pissing me off. 

"
yeah same here it pisses me off they vaunt fios but its not available hardly any where, the only place in indiana it is is in fort wayne like 70 miles to the north and they have no idea when it will be available here.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

I cancelled Comcast because of their implementation of Sandvine.  I won't go back,though.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_

Comcast is generally one of the worst reviewed (if not THE worst) cable companies I've ever seen. They throttle bandwidth (not anymore, I guess), are heavy opponents of Net Neutrality, and they overall just suck. You're lucky if you get that 16 megs you pay for, Shadow. Most people who have that plan never speedtest over 6 or 7, with only a few hundred up. Lots report even less. The sooner these assholes get held accountable, the better. That goes for the hyper-monopolistic AT&T, too.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Demyx
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Comcast is a bad and very monoplistic company, They say microsoft is but you atleast have a choice in the matter with that.
Comcast which im forced to use is the only cable company in my area, I used to have insight and then comcast took that over and  now im forced to use them...and they suck! the ping times on my connection are unacceptable.

I could get dsl but there is only one phone jack in my house, and cost to line phone throughout would be huge, so theres no choice there either.

TwoOneFive said:
"ShadowSkill11 said:

"

"
yeah same here it pisses me off they vaunt fios but its not available hardly any where, the only place in indiana it is is in fort wayne like 70 miles to the north and they have no idea when it will be available here.

"
yep, still waiting for Fios.....
henjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By henjin

Good. We don't need ISP's forcing us to do what they want.