The Giant Bomb Community's Super Cool Creator's Club

PIZZAPRANKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By PIZZAPRANKS

Since the Internet makes it seem so easy to be an independent artist, I have been trying to do as much. Of course the hardest part of all that (besides possibly making the stuff) is getting someone to pay attention to you. I (and countless others) have posted our game projects/aspirations to the forums in hopes of getting someone to notice you (they usually don't). This thread is for us. The idea behind this thread is that the various aspiring game developers (and other artists looking for attention) will be not only able to show off their work but also meet their peers in the industry. The peer involvement may very well be the most important function this thread serves. It is here where you can be told that what you make is kind of crappy AND how to fix it by people who (probably) know what they're doing.

I know that this may be a broad topic to make but I figured I would give it a shot. If it comes to needing multiple threads to keep things sensible I guess that can only be a good thing. In cases such as that I will make sure the main table here links to that thread so that this thread can at least serve as a convenient hub for indie works. Following is the said table and some guidelines that will hopefully keep the thread from devolving into nothing but self-endorsing spam. I got the idea of making a thread at Giant Bomb because it seems to have a good number of people who make (or want to make) games (and other creative works) and people who just enjoy playing (reading, listening, etc. to) them. Hopefully this will go well.

Also, after making this thread I will have begun PMing all the game creators I could find on Giant Bomb so if you know, or are, a game creator (or another kind of artist) feel free to PM who they are (if you know them) or join the thread (if you are them).

Guideline

1. To avoid making the thread spammy, include your info once; after which it will be added to the main list in the first post.
2. Do not blatantly try to sell anything. It is understood that most of the creators will be trying to sell something and it should be left that way.
2a. If you have something new or want to mention a promotion, PM me and I will  update your info.
3. This is a place for discussion, not recruitment. If you want contact someone about work please do it through PM.
4. Do not post every single update to your project. If you have a major update that needs to be playtested, post the major changes you (hopefully) made and PM me so that I can update your info.
4a. If you are doing something other than game development, you will likely never have a major update.
 5. Please use the reply feature when it applies. It will help keep the conversation organized.
6. If your game is already on the Giant Bomb database it  will still be listed under "Projects"  but the link will lead to the GB page and conversations should be encouraged to be held there. 
7. Real names are optional although some people may prefer them for building a fan base.
X. If you can think of anything else important that I'm missing, feel free to tell me.

Creators List

Giant Bomb Name
Real Name
MediumSiteProjectsUpdate
 Perspicacity1 Andrew Baillie
 Video Games, Comics
 Perspicacity!Games: DYWtWtG, Self-Scan 
Games (WIP): Futility

Hamst3r
Jamez Gilman
Video Games, Music, Graphics
  http://www.hamsteralliance.com
Games:  ezmuze+ Hamst3r edition 
Games (WIP): Biplanes HD, ezmuze+ 2, ezmuze for Apple devices 
Music

Chaser324
Chaser Petit
Video Games
  http://www.chasepettit.com 
Games (WIP):  Ice Cube's Great Gangsta Rampage Escape to Alpha Centauri

Fronominal
Keir Miron
Video Games
  http://fronominal.com
Games: I Heart Shift, Tiki WIki
Games (WIP): Hoard

Video_Game_King

Writing

Renegade Ego

CrazySonOfABitch
Leonardo Novak
Video Games

Games (WIP): Bullet

RampantStudios ( Warrozo)
Danny Goodayle
Video Games
  http://rampantstudios.co.uk
Games (WIP): Lazarus: The Missing Memory

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, is this only for games people are developing, or anything in general? *hints at blog*

PIZZAPRANKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PIZZAPRANKS
@Video_Game_King:  I started this focusing on video game development because this is a site about video games and a lot of "Look! I'm trying to make a video game" threads don't seem to get much traffic. The thread is really for anyone who creates something whether they code, draw, sculpt, write, etc. I'm just here because I like to encourage creativity (and shamelessly plug myself) any chance I get. If you would like to be on the list as I guess, editorials?, then that would be fine.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hamst3r

err, ok. :o 

Hamst3r
Jamez Gillman
Video games, music & graphics
http://www.hamsteralliance.com
Games:
Released: ezmuze+ Hamst3r edition ( http://tinyurl.com/ezmuze360 )
WIP: Biplanes HD, ezmuze+ 2, ezmuze for Apple devices.

Right now Mad Ninja Skillz and I are workin' hard to make a super-awesome patch for EZMHE+ and get the community site working flawlessly, then we'll get more into ezmuze+ 2. Biplanes HD is pretty much done but it needs a bit more polish I think. I did the music, some voice clips and 3D texts for that one; that was mostly a Code Warfare and Mad Ninja Skillz joint. :)

Since this thread is for "projects" of any sort, well, I make music in various genres: http://www.hamsteralliance.com/musicpage/
There's also a music player in my mini bio link next to my name on the forum.

I make other stuff too, but I'm going to stop here. :)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'd barely consider myself a game developer since the vast majority of the stuff I get paid to develop is about as far from a game as you can get, but I do have some projects that are perpetually in development. The core mechanics of both are pretty well developed, but they are far from finished.

Chaser324
Chase Pettit
Video Games
http://www.chasepettit.com
Games in development: Ice Cube's Great Gangsta Rampage, Escape to Alpha Centauri

Fronominal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fronominal

You can get the info on me and the games i have worked on on my page.      

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this thread.  Unfortunately, I am useless.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By armaan8014
@Perspicacity1:  So what if I just draw and sketch? Can I post that?
PIZZAPRANKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PIZZAPRANKS
@armaan8014: Absolutely.

@InfamousBIG:  You're not useless, without you we would just be a bunch of self-congratulatory artists sitting around talking about how awesome we are.
Avatar image for crazysonofabitch
CrazySonOfABitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By CrazySonOfABitch

CrazySonOfAbitch (and my games are made under the Drunken Gamer Interactive or DGI banner) 
Leonardo Novak
 VIDYA GAEMZ!!!11ONEOENOENELVEN!

I am currently working a shooter game called "Bullet". Its a parody on the 1970s ideal child picture of a cop. So much so it even take place in that time. I've been working on it for around a month now,so its extremely early. Unfortunately,with all the stuff going on now,it probably won't come out until 2012 :(

Warrozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Warrozo
@Perspicacity1: PM'ed :)