• 55 results
#1 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

So, yep . . movies, uh?

GO!!!!!

#2 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Go Django? Woot Woot...

#3 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Christopher Waltz takes the first award for Django. Well deserved.

#4 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

That dude was pretty good in that movie. Django

#5 Posted by ajkent (35 posts) -

Is Alex doing anything during the show? I miss his snark.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Oh, is that tonight?

...great. Glad to hear Django's doing well.

#7 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

@ajkent: He is tweeting.

#8 Posted by zombie2011 (4983 posts) -

After seeing the horrible noms for the Oscars, I feel the Globes got it right.

I hope Denzel wins for Flight, that movie was amazing.

#9 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Good thing about the Golden Globes? Getting to know what terrible TV ads America has.

#10 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

I... am enjoying it more than I expected.

That woman with the false teeth was unexpected and amusing.

#11 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Oh, call me maybe. That was . . bad.

#12 Edited by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

Wait, the guy from Homeland is British?

*mind explodes*

And now Salma Hayek and that guy from those movies is just standing there for a minute instead of announcing the best TV series nominees. This is like the Oscars stopped caring, and it's actually entertaining!

#13 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

OH! First major fuck up! Great.

#14 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

NIC CAGE SHOULD TAKE ALL

#15 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

And what's up with all the love for Homeland? I don't get it.

#16 Posted by Yummylee (22063 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

Wait, the guy from Homeland is British?

*mind explodes*

You know who else is British? Christian Bale.

*runs to bomb shelter*

Just in case you already knew that Bale was British, he, like Damian Lewis, is mistaken by many to be American because of all his appearances in American media.
#17 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

@Yummylee: heh. Yeah, I am aware of Christian Bale's Britishness. It's pretty obvious, isn't it? He has that British look.

#18 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Wow, Kevin Costner looks bummed out for winning.

#19 Edited by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

You've mixed retarded politics with my retarded award show

Also

CLINTON FREED THE SLAVES

#20 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

Even Kevin Costner wanted Benedict Cumberbatch to win.

And I think we just watched a whole room of actors orgasm at once when Clinton appeared on stage.

#21 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Is Ricky Gervais there again?

#22 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Too bad Quentin didn't just said "I'm not your slave. You're not my master", dropped the mic and left.

Still, well deserved award.

#23 Posted by Legion_ (1418 posts) -

KON TIKI

should have won.

#24 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Wow, Jodie Foster. That was . . . something.

#25 Posted by Legion_ (1418 posts) -

That speech was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Was she high?

#26 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

I was definitely not ready for that. I still don't totally get the message Jodie was trying to pass along. Mel didn't either.

#27 Edited by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Twitter response to Jodie is hilarious. Also, Ben Affleck for Best Director? What? Although him comparing PT Anderson to Orson Welles made it slightly better.

#28 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

Argo was my movie of the year last year, I feel it's welled deserved for Affleck. Now I feel it's probably not going to win Best Motion Picture, considering Zero Dark Thirty hasn't won best screenplay or director. Chances are, it's getting Best Motion Picture.

#29 Edited by Winternet (8025 posts) -

What did Dustin just said? I didn't get that, can you repeat?

Well, Moonrise Kingdom got robbed.

Edit: Ha, but Jessica Chastain was a well deserved winner.

#30 Edited by Acura_Max (70 posts) -

Arog wins Best motion drama. I didn't think they would pick that over Zero Dark Thirty.

#31 Posted by Milkman (17030 posts) -

I'm tuning in late but who was that women on stage for Argo because holy wow?

#32 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

That was actually fairly enjoyable to watch.

#33 Edited by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Guess they really liked Argo, huh?

Worst of the night: tied between Moonrise Kingdom losing to Les Miserables and that Pepsi commercial

Best of the night: Jodie Foster

#34 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

After seeing the horrible noms for the Oscars, I feel the Globes got it right.

I hope Denzel wins for Flight, that movie was amazing.

What kind of movie is it? I try my best to avoid trailers these days as they are spoiler fests.

#35 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Winternet said:

And what's up with all the love for Homeland? I don't get it.

Great acting in it, not as great as last season, but some great characters so still worth watching.

#36 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

@Winternet: that pepsi commercial was painful to watch once... watching it multiple times was really a test of my patience.

#37 Edited by CatsAkimbo (635 posts) -

@Winternet said:

It didn't stand a chance against les miserables, but they should've been in different categories. I thought the point of a best comedy/musical was to give lighthearted movies a chance to shine alongside the serious drama that the hollywood foreign press is so in love with. Les Miserables doesn't really fit the spirit of the category.

#38 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: It was hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Quite amusing pair. Overall a more haphazard and funny Golden Globes.

@Winternet: @Legion_: I actually quite liked Jodie Foster's speech. She seemed to have two points. That privacy is something under-appreciated in modern society and one day we may find it as just a memory. Which is especially relevant to her life, as someone who has been on screen for her entire life. And her other point was to keep pushing forward and be yourself in the face of it all. She never had a father, as he left before she was born; thus her saying the cast and crew were her fathers. And her mother was always an antagonist in her life, telling her that she would fail. And in the face of that, she has done what she wants to do and achieved quite a bit. Her mother is suffering through dementia right now, and so, she was hoping that she might hear her speech and grasp that despite it all she still loves her.

@Milkman: The woman on stage for Zero Dark Thirty was Jessica Chastain, the star of the movie.

-

A surprisingly enjoyable Golden Globes with a lot better picks than the Oscars. Only disappointed about Cumberbatch not winning for best actor in mini-series, but hey, can't get em all right.

#39 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

We all learned tonight that Jodie Foster is fucking insane.

#40 Posted by Milkman (17030 posts) -

@TruthTellah: No, I was talking about at the very end for Argo. She was only on screen for a second and she might have just been someone's wife but she was gorgeous.

#41 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@CatsAkimbo said:

@Winternet said:

It didn't stand a chance against les miserables, but they should've been in different categories. I thought the point of a best comedy/musical was to give lighthearted movies a chance to shine alongside the serious drama that the hollywood foreign press is so in love with. Les Miserables doesn't really fit the spirit of the category.

Les Miserables doesn't fit in the comedy/musical category?

#42 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

No I think she was going to come out but got nervous and just made up a speech on the spot. I wouldn't call her insane.

#43 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

@Milkman: Oh. Could you describe her more? Perhaps she was a wife, but I'm guessing she was one of the cast.

#44 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

She's fucking brilliant is what she is. She just expressed some great sentiments in a somewhat nervous manner.

#45 Posted by Milkman (17030 posts) -

@TruthTellah: I'm sure it will be on YouTube soon. Then I'll find her and we'll be together at last....

What?

#46 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@TruthTellah: I'm sure it will be on YouTube soon. Then I'll find her and we'll be together at last....

What?

haha. Yeah... Good luck.

#47 Posted by Aegon (5706 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

@Milkman said:

What?

haha. Yeah... Good luck.

Now you've got me intrigued. Although our tastes might be vastly different.

#48 Posted by Raven10 (1850 posts) -

So Jodie Foster just came out? Or am I missing something. According to Yahoo she just came out. Well I guess better late than never.

Expected all of the winners from the movie side. Haven't really seen enough of the movies to know how accurate they were, but nothing happened I didn't expect.

#49 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

@Aegon said:

@TruthTellah said:

@Milkman said:

What?

haha. Yeah... Good luck.

Now you've got me intrigued. Although our tastes might be vastly different.

I think I found her. She was in that movie "Dog President" and received a nomination for best actress in a mini-series.

#50 Posted by TruthTellah (9321 posts) -

@Raven10 said:

So Jodie Foster just came out? Or am I missing something. According to Yahoo she just came out. Well I guess better late than never.

Expected all of the winners from the movie side. Haven't really seen enough of the movies to know how accurate they were, but nothing happened I didn't expect.

heh. Jodie Foster came out almost three decades ago. I mean, she was with another woman for over 14 years, and she has never suggested that she was straight. You can find references to her girlfriends over many years.

I suppose this is the most upfront she has been about it though.