Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

Previously On...

For anyone not in the know in terms of the hows and whys of this shirts existence, you can check HERE to see where the pre-orders took place and HERE to see how the shirts were actually screened and produced.

Arriving in Boston

So when I arrived in Boston Thursday, it really hit me how much shit I was going to have to carry around. It was literally two giant boxes filled with T shirts and hoodies. (60 shirts and 15 hoodies) The big problem though was the hoodies since one hoodie took up roughly 3+ shirts worth of space and also weighed just as much.

Imposing 2 boxes of clothing ($80+ in shipping from LA -_-;;)
Imposing 2 boxes of clothing ($80+ in shipping from LA -_-;;)

Luckily, besides the ones for the GB staff, most every single hoodie was for a group of people I was hoping to meet that Thursday night for dinner. That allowed me to drop off a solid 1/4 of the volume of stuff in one go =D

The initial Thursday load
The initial Thursday load

Huge thanks to PAX buddies @epicsteve@sparklykiss@chaser324@brewmaster_andy@matt@rolyatkcinmai@pseg@marino@heavyduty32@wafflestomp@mahonay and @natetodamax for picking up early from me Thursday night. Sorry I had to leave the meet up early to catch a showing of Book of Mormon with Celine and our gracious Boston host Ji Seon =P

An awesome first gathering at Border Cafe
An awesome first gathering at Border Cafe

PAX East 2014 Deliveries

There was a message chain that was created right after the close of pre-orders that was created and within it, we decided that the best time and place to meet would be in the Handheld Lounge on Friday morning at 11AM. So when Saturday rolled around, I filled up a large trashbag with everyone's shirts and my back pack with the extras I had printed and headed off for day 1 of PAX. Since only about 5 or 6 people were actually active on the PM chain here on the site, I was sorta worried that not many people would show. Those worries were quickly laid to rest as duder after duder made the meet up.

I set up shop by laying out a T-shirt and lounging in a beanbag chair =]
I set up shop by laying out a T-shirt and lounging in a beanbag chair =]

By the end of the hour, I had met up with, exchanged names and shook hands with @patvb@meatsofevil@cpsterndog@epidehl@ateatree@finaldasa@robopengy@omniscientcajun@mcribs@jeanluc@benguin@rivaldi22@dalai@plainzombie@mtcantor@fauxben@endoworks@th3irdeye@thdemn@frootsnax and @vikingdeath1 . Out of the huge list of people who ordered a shirt, only 4 people were missing. Two of which had informed me earlier that they were unable to make the scheduled meet up. I found @code3xbl working the Console Freeplay and @olqavtoras working at the Hotline Miami 2 booth. It was super cool meeting people from the community and putting faces to user names.

No Caption Provided

While I was handing out shirts and taking cash, I heard mentioned a couple times that I looked like I was a damn drug dealer keeping track of transactions in a little notebook I carried around with me. The notebook was so that I could track who's shirts I had given out and who needed to pay me how much since a good number of people had already paid me via paypal. I doubted anyone would try to get a free shirt by claiming to be someone they were not but just in case, I set up a system where I'd ask for the person's real name (retrieved from the payPal system) and their photo ID. Turns out it was completely unnecessary but hey... can't help to be too careful =P In fact, most people were super generous and left me with a sizable $4 tip for the $16 shirts. I don't know if this was due to me asking for exact change and most people just carrying $20s, I'm leaning more towards duders just being straight awesome. I want to give a special shoutout to Desmond (code3xbl) for slappin down a hot $50 for his shirt. He single handedly knocked a big chunk off my expenses and also picked up an additional second shirt for a buddy of his =D

After the Meet Up

I still had around 17 extra unclaimed shirts that I was hoping to sell to cover the costs of free shirts/hoodies for staff, shipping and unexpectedly expensive custom ink costs. Surprisingly (or maybe not) they went pretty damn quickly. Somehow people seemed to know who I was and would come up to me and ask me "Aren't you the guy selling shirts?" or "Are you Fobwashed?" and boom, sale. The most interesting random sell was a guy who I had apparently street passed while in the queue for Patrick and Zoe's panel. He found me at the Gamespot/Giant Bomb meetup hours later and approached me saying "Hey, I street passed Fobwashed at the Patrick panel and he looks a lot like you... are you Fobwashed?". Him and his friend both bought a shirt =] I also later ran into @landonrobinson who had pre-ordered a shirt but didn't make the meet up. I had already sold HIS labeled shirt but had an extra in his size. I also gave Mr. Eric Pope a shirt because he's fucking Eric Pope and dropped one off for Dave Lang because I had a spare 3XL that I doubted would fit anyone other than that massive man. All said and done, at the end of the first day of PAX, I was down to just 3 or so extras. I was no longer afraid that I'd be coming home with a wardrobe full of em =]

SATURDAY!

I planned on hitting up the GB panel and that seemed like the best time to dump all the staff stuff in one go so this was the last day I would be carrying a full load of shirts. A lot of them wanted hoodies, so I was still going full backpack.

Pretty much completely filled with just Ts and Zipups.
Pretty much completely filled with just Ts and Zipups.

I was lucky enough to be allowed to come along into the pre-panel lobby area where I was able to hand them all out in one place. Of course before that, I had been lugging them around all day but by then I was used to the extra weight =P Checking my FitBit, on Friday/Saturday I had walked over 20+ miles and over 40 floors. When I checked my weight back home in Bellevue, WA, I had lost over 5 pounds over PAX weekend =D Just after the panel was finished, I sold off my remaining shirts. Again, I was approached instead of me having to hock my wares like a street sales person =]

Shirt Sightings

It was probably in large part because of the panels I went to and the areas I hung around in but I saw the shirts EVERYWHERE. Mostly in queues but very frequently walking around on the show floor and in the aisles. It was pretty damn cool. In addition to that, the group I was hanging out with for most of PAX had a bunch of the hoodies and the weather was such that they were kinda perfect for keeping warm while not getting too hot or cold so we were roaming around in em. Which maybe mighta looked a bit weird but fuck it, I thought it was awesome =] Mr. Pope also wore his shirt for both his 404 and Royal Rumble panels while Alex ripped off his Harmonix jacket to reveal his GB one! All awesome! Some community people tweeted me pics of them wearing them as well =D

Fin

PAX East 2014 was my first 3 day experience and it was a goddamn blast. I literally only played 2 games. The dolphin test cheating one because I wanted to try on an Oculus Rift and the Pachinco game because I wanted to donate towards a charity that helps disabled gamers. Beyond those, it was all about hanging out with cool ass people watching stupid ass shit and having a blast. Thanks everyone for making this stupid endeavor such a great thing! I can't say I'll ever do it again (because holy shit carrying all that shit was tiring) but I have zero regrets about doing for PAX East =D

FIN
FIN

thePoark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

So awesome! I wish I was as cool as you. :)

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepoark said:

So awesome! I wish I was as cool as you. :)

Who says you ain't!?

ZENOL COOL CATAPLASMA

FUCK YEA! Sucks to that nonsense herbal shit!

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Thanks again @fobwashed the shirt is one of my favorite take aways from pax and it was a pleasure to meet you.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Thanks again for the shirt! It helped make my PAX even more memorable, and other than some magic cards, it will be my souvenir from my first PAX!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fobwashed

Thanks again @fobwashed the shirt is one of my favorite take aways from pax and it was a pleasure to meet you.

Woo~! Yea man =D It was great meeting youts twos!

Thanks again for the shirt! It helped make my PAX even more memorable, and other than some magic cards, it will be my souvenir from my first PAX!

Thanks for showing up! It coulda been real bad for me if ya'll hadn't =P

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

In a different world I totally bought a plane ticket and went to PAX just to get one of those shirts.

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It was great meeting you, duder! Thanks again for all your hard work!

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AMyggen

Really cool stuff!

cpsterndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Awesome write up, and thanks again for the shirt & your efforts!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a different world I totally bought a plane ticket and went to PAX just to get one of those shirts.

In a different world, I met you, shook your hand, took your money and gave you a shirt =P

@patvb said:

It was great meeting you, duder! Thanks again for all your hard work!

Yea duder, it was cool meeting you as well! =D

@amyggen said:

Really cool stuff!

You're COOL!! Thanks!

Awesome write up, and thanks again for the shirt & your efforts!

Tyty =] And you're welcome!

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think you're the only person who walked away from PAX with more money than what you came with. This has me feelin' pretty darn jealous. :P But thanks for the cool stuff and anime talk. I hope you end up liking Cromartie High! It's the best.

Which reminds me that they have a live action movie for it, too. I haven't seen it yet but it's supposed to be incredible.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're the only person who walked away from PAX with more money than what you came with. This has me feelin' pretty darn jealous. :P But thanks for the cool stuff and anime talk. I hope you end up liking Cromartie High! It's the best.

Which reminds me that they have a live action movie for it, too. I haven't seen it yet but it's supposed to be incredible.

Gotta remember that the bulk of that money was to cover the costs of making those things in the first place -_-;;

Man, speaking of live action, can't wait to see that Phoenix Wright show =D

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent job with this @fobwashed. I couldn't make it to PAX this year but wouldn't complain if you wanted to do this again next year :)

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: trufax I mostly say this because I had moths flying out of my wallet by the time I got home. And from what I've seen on that is the best. Those live action shows and the spin offs are usually pretty darn top notch.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent job with this @fobwashed. I couldn't make it to PAX this year but wouldn't complain if you wanted to do this again next year :)

-______-

@fobwashed: trufax I mostly say this because I had moths flying out of my wallet by the time I got home. And from what I've seen on that is the best. Those live action shows and the spin offs are usually pretty darn top notch.

I really wanted to pick up a few shirts and/or a hat from PAX but never ran into anything I liked =[ Literally came home with just 4 packets of pwnmeal and the 90s CAH pack.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#17 chaser324  Moderator

@sparklykiss: I really need to get around to seeing that live action Phoenix Wright movie at some point. Have the Phoenix Wright stage shows been released on DVD in Japan?

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By jiggajoe14

5 lbs eh? I'd drink all the weight back during the event lol. Wish I had the income to travel to a pax.

And I would totally kill a man for one of those shirts (not really................but really).

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Dalai

Between the shirts and BomberDuder, you're on a goddamn roll! If you're doing the shirt thing again next year, sign me up early.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: I haven't seen anything just yet, but whenever you find out, let me know~

@fobwashed: I had to search pretty hard to find a cinnamon packet. I had to have each flavor. It makes me feel like a bad person. I will be incredibly disappointed if there are no Pwnmeal cosplays next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: i was so bummed after thinking there was a shirt for me but i never found you. it tried tweeting at you to no avail. :(

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cooljammer00

I never knowingly met the man (turns out we had been in the same room a few times over the weekend, in a sort of "Oh, he was just here and I think he just left" way) but I met enough people who were wearing the shirts that I felt those familiar pangs of jealousy.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 lbs eh? I'd drink all the weight back during the event lol. Wish I had the income to travel to a pax.

And I would totally kill a man for one of those shirts (not really................but really).

Yup, I'm pretty much back up to weight already =]

@dalai said:

Between the shirts and BomberDuder, you're on a goddamn roll! If you're doing the shirt thing again next year, sign me up early.

I'm thinking about maybe doing it for Prime. But with a different set up so that it's easier on my feet. I'll post if it's happening =]

@fobwashed: I had to search pretty hard to find a cinnamon packet. I had to have each flavor. It makes me feel like a bad person. I will be incredibly disappointed if there are no Pwnmeal cosplays next year.

I just grabbed one of each from the box prior to the GB panel. I guess you didn't see it... If I knew there were mixed CaH cards inside, I mighta grabbed more than just one of each -_-;;

@fobwashed: i was so bummed after thinking there was a shirt for me but i never found you. it tried tweeting at you to no avail. :(

Hey duder. I saw your tweets and tried to reply but internet was super janky at PAX. Unfortunately by the time you were sending my msgs, I was all out of your size =\

I never knowingly met the man (turns out we had been in the same room a few times over the weekend, in a sort of "Oh, he was just here and I think he just left" way) but I met enough people who were wearing the shirts that I felt those familiar pangs of jealousy.

Sorry I missed you. If it's me you're talking about =P I printed some extras that I was worried I wouldn't be able to sell once I got to PAX but surprisingly people found me and bought em without me even trying to sell em! One guy even found me using a street pass Mii as a guide. PAX is super weird.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Pretty rad! Think that I saw Brad wearing your shirt in a QL pretty recently...

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fobwashed

@rorie said:

Pretty rad! Think that I saw Brad wearing your shirt in a QL pretty recently...

Yea, he was dancin' around in it =]

code3xbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed finally caught up from pax east. Seeing all of those shirts and hoodies were great. Awesome job!

It was my first time actually meeting people from the GB community and you helped foster that. Thank you and thanks for the shout out, the small business man in me never wants anyone to take on unnecessary financial losses :)