The greatest, funniest love story ever told. Ralph and Ted.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By splodge

I posted a video related to The Fast Show earlier, an excellent British sketch show that I grew up watching. It is arguably the spiritual successor to Monty Python, although not quite as surreal.

My favourite set of sketches from this show were the antics of Ralph, a feckless, simple playboy with very little to do, and his groundskeeper, Ted.

Ralph was somewhat...enamored with Ted. Ted, an Irish farmhand, and Ralph, lowly lord that he was, were from two different worlds.

Below are all the Ted and Ralph sketches in chronological order. A lot of the sketches on The Fast Show are running gags that evolved as the series went on.

I post this in the hope that it acts as an introduction to classic British comedy, and that you might be encouraged to check out more of the same.

The greatest (and funniest) love story ever told : Ralph and Ted. (quality is a bit rough, but this was a long time before HD)

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I haven't watched The Fast Show in a long time

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie said:

I haven't watched The Fast Show in a long time

You should get stuck back into it ;) it still holds up. I thought it wouldn't, but it does.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By EuanDewar

When I started visiting GB all those years ago I never thought I'd see a thread dedicated to the Ted & Ralph sketches from the Fast Show but I guess life never turns out how you expect.

Watching the show for the first time as a young'un I never got these sketches, for obvious reasons. I just thought they were really bizarre and didn't understand the point of them beyond portraying basic awkwardness. Watching them later on life was a real "OHHHHHHH" moment for me.