• 52 results
#1 Posted by Hameyadea (348 posts) -

What I mean is, have you ever played a game on Easy difficulty and the game still was too hard, or played on Hard difficulty and the game was too easy (or parts of a game)?

My hardest Easy is Devil May Cry 4, and my easiest Hard is the Splinter Cell games from the 1st to Double Agent (don't have Conviction).

#2 Edited by Vodun (2370 posts) -

A coop game in L4D2 where we played on easy and got steam rolled by 3 tanks...that was fun.

Easiest hard is probably Mafia 2. As long as you play like bullets hurt it's no real problem. There were some annoying parts where you couldn't easily find respite from the hail of fire, but other than that I had an easy enough time surviving.

#3 Edited by phrosen (146 posts) -

Devil May Cry 3 on easy was probably the roughest easy I played. For easiest hard I would have to say maybe Modern Warfare 2 or that Wanted movie tie-in game.

Also on a slightly different note, the first Kane & Lynch has the steepest difficulty curve I've ever seen. I can play the game fine on normal and even manage on hard, but when the Cuba levels start, I can hardly play easy.

#4 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Easiest hard is probably Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I really didn't struggle at all.

#5 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

Easiest hard is Gears of War 3 on hardcore, the only time I would die is if I did something stupid.

#6 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Both Uncharted games were pretty easy on Hard and even on Crushing.

#7 Posted by Jeust (10654 posts) -

Dragon Age was probably the hardest easy I've played. Easiest hard, possibly Alan Wake.

#8 Posted by CheapPoison (731 posts) -

Gonna go with devil may cry for hardest easy.

Although easy is pretty accurate if you dive into normal.

In a way i expact a lot of dark souls/demon souls here. but that really has no difficulty i guess so.

#9 Posted by Swoxx (3000 posts) -

@Jeust said:

Dragon Age was probably the hardest easy I've played. Easiest hard, possibly Alan Wake.

I think these are my picks as well, at least that I can think of.

#10 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden - Hardest Easy

Dead Rising - Easy Hardest (with the real mega bustah~)

#11 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

I found Gears of War 3 to be pretty easy on Hardcore, but really only because of the "Down but not out" feature. If it wasn't for that, I'd have a million broken controllers from stupid digger fire and random lambent.

#12 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -

Yeah.. Ninja Gaiden broke my balls.

#13 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -

not sure about hardest easy, i don't play on easy much, just normal+

have a couple easiest hard games tho, most recently deus ex: human revolution

#14 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

I could only do anything in Fallout 2 by setting it to easiest and maxing combat stats on my character, rendering him a literal retard.

I know I played that game wrong but damnit I will never forget the tale of fUdor the worst possible person to send out to save your village.

#15 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1423 posts) -

Hardest Easy would be L4D2 as well, me and my friends kept dying on Dark Carnaval for no apparent reasons when we all played it dozen of times on other difficulties before.

#16 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1263 posts) -

Hardest easy - Ninja Gaiden 2. I stopped at the werewolves. I need to replay the first or start over on the second I think.

Easiest hard - Mass Effect 2 on insanity. Other than a couple of parts it was relatively easy and manageable.

#17 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Hardest easy - ice wind dale 2
Easest hard - torchlight

#18 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Easiest hard has to be MW2 on it's hardest mode - I forget the name - it was pretty easy tbh, took me about 4 hours.

The hardest easy is probably Ninja Gaiden.

#19 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

Halo Reach on legendary alone was rather easy. The hardest easy was probably Ninja Gaiden just because that game likes to kick your ass.

#20 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -

Yakuza 4 is pretty easy on Hard, can't really think of any games that were hard on Easy though.

#21 Posted by PaulRevere (207 posts) -

I don't know if it's my all time easiest hard, but a really easy hard (and easy nightmare for that matter) is Alice Madness Returns. The only reason I say that is because that's the most recent game that I've played on every difficulty setting (with the exception of easy).

#22 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden 2 was probably my hardest easy.

Don't think I have encountered an easy hard.

#23 Posted by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

If i didn't abuse The Flying Swallow move in the Ninja Gaiden games, that would be the hardest easy.

The God of War games (especially God of War 3) always seem incredibly easy on Hard and even on Very Hard. Just have to learn to dodge a lot.

#24 Posted by Witzig (327 posts) -

The hardest easy for me would be Men of War: Assualt Squad jesus fucking christ that game is hard and the easiest hard would Torchlight. For old time sakes the first Steel Panthers was hard, I had trouble on the Rommel campaign and don't get me started on the Death Star run on X-Wing.

#25 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I don't have a hardest easy, but the easiest hard was probably Halo 3.  I beat the whole thing on Legendary alone.  It was actually quite fun.

#26 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -
#27 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Hardest easy is definitely Ninja Gaiden.

Easiest hard would probably be Batman Arkham Asylum or Bad Company 2.

#28 Posted by Malawi1321 (41 posts) -

@coakroach:Uh-mazing. I'm pretty sure you played that game exactly as intended if that's your memory.

#29 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

I'd say Devil May Cry on easy was still hard. Gears of War 1, 2 super easy even on Insane.

#30 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1747 posts) -

Devil May Cry 3 or Ninja Gaiden 2 were the hardest "easy" modes I've ever encountered. I owned DMC3 for several years and never managed to get that far into it. As far easiest hard, there are a lot more answers for that one. F.E.A.R. 2 is one of the first ones that comes to mind. I couldn't believe how simple that game was from beginning to end.

#31 Posted by MattClassic (438 posts) -

Dead Space on insanity wasn't too bad. Once you've played through it a couple times, it's easy to memorize where enemies spawn from. Only real challenge was guiding the marker on the track right near the end. That whole segment could be pretty rough, but in the end it's still just a matter of being in the right place at the right time for when enemies spawned.

#32 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Easiest hard was Deus Ex: Human Revolution. If you stealthed through the game, you could essentially one-shot or avoid all the fodder enemies. Bosses were no problem with the stun gun + DOT grenades.

Hardest easy? Maybe The Witcher 2. Getting the hang of the combat is brutal and unforgiving.

#33 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11029 posts) -

The Ninja Gaiden games get pretty hard on easy by the end.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution isn't too bad on hard.

#34 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

Hardest easy - Devil May Cry 3...I think I cried a little myself

Easiest Hard - Ratchet and Clank

#35 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Hitman Bloodmoney was the easiest hard difficulty I've played. But that's more because the optimal solutions to each level is about sneaking and insta killing people.

#36 Posted by dudeglove (7856 posts) -

@thebunnyhunter said:

Hardest Easy would be L4D2 as well, me and my friends kept dying on Dark Carnaval for no apparent reasons when we all played it dozen of times on other difficulties before.

I've had too many occasions where people are arsing around during the crescendo sequences on that campaign. Convincing people to push through the crowd to the safe room is a chore.

#37 Posted by Largo6661 (335 posts) -

yep ninja gaiden is way to hard for me, and i think dead space 1 is too easy even on the hardest diff, for me the hardest diff should be nailbittingly hard and that just wasnt.

#38 Posted by ze_ro (181 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Easiest hard is probably Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I really didn't struggle at all.

this.

#39 Posted by TobbRobb (4652 posts) -

Ninja gaiden is a bitch on easy... ;( 
Though I oddly never had that much trouble with DMC, even on higher difficulties.

Easiest hard... I'm not sure, off the top of my head Mafia 2, though I should have a better answer.

#40 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

Pretty pathetic how people found Ninja Gaiden 2 easy mode to be a difficult challenge. The mode should not have been included in the game in the first place, and anyone who played the game from scratch on that mode may as well have just taken the disc out of their xbox and pissed all over it, as it is the complete opposite of what the NG experience should be.

#41 Posted by Peanut (954 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

Pretty pathetic how people found Ninja Gaiden 2 easy mode to be a difficult challenge. The mode should not have been included in the game in the first place, and anyone who played the game from scratch on that mode may as well have just taken the disc out of their xbox and pissed all over it, as it is the complete opposite of what the NG experience should be.

One of you kids always has to show up in these threads, don't you?

Anyways, hardest easy for me was probably Company of Heroes at first. I really couldn't figure out how to do SHIT in that game.

Easiest hard was probably Afro Samurai. There was one super annoyingly difficult part right near the end, but the rest was a stroll in the park.

#42 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

Well aren't we snobby?

Easiest hard: Probably BioShock

Hardest easy: Don't have one. I never play on easy and rarely on normal. I guess something like Civ 5, just because I don't usually play strategy games.

#43 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 2 was still real easy when I played it on hard.

#44 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Hardest easy = pretty much any strategy game as I suck at them.

Easiest hard = most FPS games.

#45 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Not exactly what you're asking for, but my easiest "hard" game is Demon's Souls, it's reallly not that hard. You just have to have patience.

#46 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3154 posts) -

I'm gonna go with Ninja Gaiden Sigma for hardest easy.

#47 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

Hardest hard would have to be insane in Gears of War 2. There are parts of that game that are incredibly broken on that difficulty. Me and my friend spent the better part of 5 hours on this stupid boat section that ended in us using weird exploits to finish the level.

#48 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

whoa... an actual interesting off topic, those are...rare. Props to the TC. Unfortunately, I cant really participate since Ive always played all my games on normal since i was a kid. Ive never played any game on easy, and the last game i even remember playing on hard was Darksiders, because everyone said normal was too easy.And even hard was quite manageable in that, so I guess that would be the easiest hard for me.
#49 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Mother fucking Two Worlds. The first one. It was literally impossible to play on the normal difficulty.

#50 Posted by CakeBomb (219 posts) -

Hardest Easy - Mortal Kombat 2, 3, etc. It's horrible.

Easiest Hard - Bioshock probably.