RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By RenegadeSaint

Welcome to The Haul

I'm blogging from my girlfriend's place in Kentucky right now, so this edition of The Haul will be text only. I should've taken pictures earlier in the week, but I didn't quite think things through. As will be standard from now on, go ahead and leave your vote for which game I should play this week in the comments section. I'll be sure to get to it and report back later.

Since my last entry I haven't been able to play BG&E (PS2) again, but I'm biding my time. I recently acquired a 5.1 channel surround sound system, so I had to do some testing on that (purely to make sure it was in working order ;)). I played a few races in Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) and really enjoyed the sounds of cars moving past me on the right and left, although the gameplay didn't seem to be anything special. After that, I tested out the 360 with a little Battlefield: Bad Company online action. The online mode in that game is really spectacular and the sounds of bullets whizzing by your head makes it that much more immersive. I wasn't actually very excited when I started, but I ended up playing for 4 hours straight! I can't remember the last time I played a game for that long. There's a constant feeling of "one more round."

Turok (360)- New

• Price: $9.99
  • Comments: The awesome dinosaur action in this game has actually had me intrigued since the game's release. Knowing I wouldn't play it for quite a while, I purposely held off. This deal was too good to pass up for a game that looks to be under appreciated.

The Simpsons Game -New

• Comments: I played the demo for this game and really enjoyed it. I've also heard that it's pretty funny and worth a look for any fans of the show.

Facebreaker (360) - New

• Comments: It may be considered terrible by the critics, but I think I can get some multiplayer fun out of it.

`Nick
RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RenegadeSaint

Welcome to The Haul

I'm blogging from my girlfriend's place in Kentucky right now, so this edition of The Haul will be text only. I should've taken pictures earlier in the week, but I didn't quite think things through. As will be standard from now on, go ahead and leave your vote for which game I should play this week in the comments section. I'll be sure to get to it and report back later.

Since my last entry I haven't been able to play BG&E (PS2) again, but I'm biding my time. I recently acquired a 5.1 channel surround sound system, so I had to do some testing on that (purely to make sure it was in working order ;)). I played a few races in Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) and really enjoyed the sounds of cars moving past me on the right and left, although the gameplay didn't seem to be anything special. After that, I tested out the 360 with a little Battlefield: Bad Company online action. The online mode in that game is really spectacular and the sounds of bullets whizzing by your head makes it that much more immersive. I wasn't actually very excited when I started, but I ended up playing for 4 hours straight! I can't remember the last time I played a game for that long. There's a constant feeling of "one more round."

Turok (360)- New

• Comments: The awesome dinosaur action in this game has actually had me intrigued since the game's release. Knowing I wouldn't play it for quite a while, I purposely held off. This deal was too good to pass up for a game that looks to be under appreciated.

The Simpsons Game -New

• Comments: I played the demo for this game and really enjoyed it. I've also heard that it's pretty funny and worth a look for any fans of the show.

Facebreaker (360) - New

• Comments: It may be considered terrible by the critics, but I think I can get some multiplayer fun out of it.

`Nick
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Optiow

I should probably play the simpsons game...
but it seems you got some good stuff.

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Brandy

I guess I'd vote for the Simpsons Game, simply because you said you liked the demo, but I'm not familiar with any of them.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By brukaoru

Be sure to tell us your feelings on Turok, I didn't really like the demo and the reception was mostly negative so I never really had interest in it. I remember getting stuck in a part on the Simpsons Game demo and I couldn't get past it! It was frustrating.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By teh_destroyer

$10 a piece is a sweet deal,enjoy your new games.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce

Do you have a shelf for your games? I'm curious as to where you find room for all the cases.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RenegadeSaint

@Opti:  It looks like it should be fun.

@Brandy:  Thanks for your input!

@Bru:  For whatever reason, Turok is extremely appealling to me.  It probably has something to do with my obsession with dinosaurs.  They are just so cool!

@teh:  Indeed it is.  Thanks.

@Bruce:  I have a decent shelving system, but I'm trying to figure a way to upgrade now.  There aren't very many good solutions for those of us who don't own a house.