This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (686 posts) -

heavy metal thread?

heavy metal thread.

ICED EARTH:

JUDAS PRIEST

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

GOJIRA

TYR

MEGADETH

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

AMON AMARTH

MASTODON

TURISAS

DREAM THEATER

BLIND GUARDIAN

ENSIFERUM

DOWN

That's enough for now.

go.

#2 Posted by ajamafalous (12162 posts) -

This sure is quite a bit of YouTube spam.

#3 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (686 posts) -

no bullshit. just metal.

#4 Posted by MackGyver (602 posts) -

Man I miss metal.

#5 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

#6 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1539 posts) -

I picked TURISAS at random, nice song.

#7 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (686 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

#8 Posted by Fei (218 posts) -

My top 5 2011 metal picks so far:
 
SubRosa's No Help For the Mighty Ones
Autopsy's Macabre Eternal
Orchid's Capricorn
Graveyard's Hisingen Blues
Sabbat's Sabbatrinity

#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
#10 Posted by Fei (218 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
Pretty much, now move along and let us irrelevant mistake making neanderthals enjoy our dated music of choice.
#11 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (686 posts) -

@Fei said:

My top 5 2011 metal picks so far: SubRosa's No Help For the Mighty Ones Autopsy's Macabre Eternal Orchid's Capricorn Graveyard's Hisingen Blues Sabbat's Sabbatrinity

Have you listened to the new Septic Flesh? it's pretty good but i prefer their last album Communion.

Also:

Keep of Kalessin - Armada. From 2006. Discovered it a few months back and it's been on a constant rotation on my mp3 player.

#12 Posted by Fei (218 posts) -
@fistfulofmetal said:

@Fei said:

My top 5 2011 metal picks so far: SubRosa's No Help For the Mighty Ones Autopsy's Macabre Eternal Orchid's Capricorn Graveyard's Hisingen Blues Sabbat's Sabbatrinity

Have you listened to the new Septic Flesh? it's pretty good but i prefer their last album Communion.

Also:

Keep of Kalessin - Armada. From 2006. Discovered it a few months back and it's been on a constant rotation on my mp3 player.

Yeah. The new Septic Flesh was alright. I put Macabre Eternal over it because that's more what I look for in death metal.
 
I saw Keep in early May with Belphegor, Hate, Bonded by Blood, and Neuraxis. They were pretty cool and really fun to talk to.
#13 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

inb4 lock

#14 Edited by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -

I was just about to post a video of Ensiferum, but it seems that is already covered. Good to see there are more people that listen to them here. 
 
EDIT: Meh, some more couldn't hurt. 
   

#15 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@HandsomeDead
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
You remind me of KaosAngel
#16 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@HandsomeDead
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
You remind me of KaosAngel
They're basically twins.
#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Aronman789 said:
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@HandsomeDead
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
You remind me of KaosAngel
They're basically twins.
How did you reach that conclusion? I haven't once made a post about pretending I've just had sex.
#18 Posted by ArcLyte (893 posts) -

SYNTHETIC BREED

#19 Posted by ArcLyte (893 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.

no. your opinion is wrong.

#20 Edited by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

  

    
    
    
    
#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

@Aronman789 said:
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@HandsomeDead
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
You remind me of KaosAngel
They're basically twins.
How did you reach that conclusion? I haven't once made a post about pretending I've just had sex.

I think he means your unending trolling. We all get it. You don't like metal. That's fine. You enjoy your Hawthorne Heights or Kanye West or whatever it is you listen to and let people listen to their music of choice. You making snarky comments to make yourself feel better isn't going to make people who listen to metal go "oh my god my opinion is wrong." Stop trolling already.

#22 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@Aronman789 said:
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@HandsomeDead
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
You remind me of KaosAngel
They're basically twins.
How did you reach that conclusion? I haven't once made a post about pretending I've just had sex.

I think he means your unending trolling. We all get it. You don't like metal. That's fine. You enjoy your Hawthorne Heights or Kanye West or whatever it is you listen to and let people listen to their music of choice. You making snarky comments to make yourself feel better isn't going to make people who listen to metal go "oh my god my opinion is wrong." Stop trolling already.

As much as I appreciate you taking over as my personal Jiminy Cricket over the past few months; no. It's never not funny to come into the bi-weekly let's outmetal each other thread, post a single line of text and get people either up in arms, passive aggressively up in arms or hypocritically hippy about it.
#23 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@Aronman789 said:
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@HandsomeDead
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
You remind me of KaosAngel
They're basically twins.
How did you reach that conclusion? I haven't once made a post about pretending I've just had sex.

I think he means your unending trolling. We all get it. You don't like metal. That's fine. You enjoy your Hawthorne Heights or Kanye West or whatever it is you listen to and let people listen to their music of choice. You making snarky comments to make yourself feel better isn't going to make people who listen to metal go "oh my god my opinion is wrong." Stop trolling already.

As much as I appreciate you taking over as my personal Jiminy Cricket over the past few months; no. It's never not funny to come into the bi-weekly let's outmetal each other thread, post a single line of text and get people either up in arms, passive aggressively up in arms or hypocritically hippy about it.

Your "personal Jiminy Cricket" I like that. It's funny because Jiminy Cricket tried to stop Pinnochio from being such a massive cock to those around him. You should watch that movie sometime. Might learn something, sport.

#24 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@Aronman789 said:
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@HandsomeDead
@fistfulofmetal said:

@HandsomeDead said:

It's been like, what, a day since the last one of these threads?

I was scratching my head when i wasn't able to find a recent relevant thread about heavy metal.

Thinking metal is relevant in 2011 was your first mistake.
You remind me of KaosAngel
They're basically twins.
How did you reach that conclusion? I haven't once made a post about pretending I've just had sex.

I think he means your unending trolling. We all get it. You don't like metal. That's fine. You enjoy your Hawthorne Heights or Kanye West or whatever it is you listen to and let people listen to their music of choice. You making snarky comments to make yourself feel better isn't going to make people who listen to metal go "oh my god my opinion is wrong." Stop trolling already.

As much as I appreciate you taking over as my personal Jiminy Cricket over the past few months; no. It's never not funny to come into the bi-weekly let's outmetal each other thread, post a single line of text and get people either up in arms, passive aggressively up in arms or hypocritically hippy about it.

Your "personal Jiminy Cricket" I like that. It's funny because Jiminy Cricket tried to stop Pinnochio from being such a massive cock to those around him. You should watch that movie sometime. Might learn something, sport.

Is there a reason why you spelled out the joke I just made back at me, almost as if I didn't get my own reference?
#25 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

  

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

The end of The Night Masquerade is fantastic.

#27 Posted by Sweep (8983 posts) -

@HandsomeDead: @MariachiMacabre: Shaddap, the pair of you.

Posting videos without any form of personal input is just spam. (It's not allowed).

Besides, metal is bad for you. You should all listen to the seagull song instead:

Moderator