The Hunger Games Trilogy

twinkletowez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By twinkletowez

Just yesterday I finished the book Catching Fire, the Sequel to the 2008 novel The Hunger Games. and i must say, "Wow!"  these books truly are amazing. I picked up The Hunger Games skeptical at first, but because it was my girlfriend who suggested it, I decided to read it. i must say, it was one of the best decisions I've made in the past year. I ran through it in two days, and the only reason it took me that long to finish it was because i was visiting family. from the time opened the book until the time I finished it, i wanted more. and even after i finished it, i still wanted more! Now you're probably wondering what makes this book so fantastic? Katniss Evendeen. Smart, cunning, and quick. oh yeah, did i mention that She's a 16 year old Girl? That's right. and She. Kicks. Ass. She is easily one of my favorite characters of all times. She's what people would call a "Tom boy," but it dosn't matter. Let me place the setting of this book. It's a time after the fall of the United States, and a country called Panem has   formed in it's ruins. A place called the Capitol has taken control, they control the 12 Districts. Each of these districts produce a certain product. for example, District 4 is a Fishing district, District 11 is agricultural, and District 12, home of Katniss, which mines coal. Years ago, the Districts attempted to overthrow the Capitol, which failed and resulted in the destruction of District 13. As punishment for the upraising, every year the Districts are forced to compete in the Hunger Games. the Hunger Games are an arena fight to the death, where a boy and a girl from each District between the age of 12 and 18 are chosen to compete. And This is Where Katniss finds herself, forced to fight to survive. I'm sure based on this description you might have lost interest, but i assure you this book is simply Brilliant.  Now i'll admit, as a guy, i always hide my emotions. Sure, i have cried at movies or about the loss of a family member, but never about a book. But this book tugged at my heart strings in a way i'll never be able to explain. I shed a few tears as i read my way through both books, and if you have a soul you will too. I feel an emotional attachment to all of the characters, and sometimes i just wanted to be able to give Katniss a hug and tell her everything is going to be alright.      

Now i will be honest, the book does have it's issues. The book is told from Katniss' point of view, but sometimes it seems to lack her inner thoughts, or even like the author is rushing through them. there are other minor things like this, but i don't care.  and you won't either once you read them. my advice to everyone is to go out and read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, because i promise you won't regret it. the Third book of the Series, titled MockingJay (which will make sense when you read the books), is set to come out this August. And there has even been talk about a movie, set to come out Fall of 2011. 

So go now! go to your local book store! buy it on Amazon! borrow it from your local library! whatever you do just get These books, now!

twinkletowez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By twinkletowez

Just yesterday I finished the book Catching Fire, the Sequel to the 2008 novel The Hunger Games. and i must say, "Wow!"  these books truly are amazing. I picked up The Hunger Games skeptical at first, but because it was my girlfriend who suggested it, I decided to read it. i must say, it was one of the best decisions I've made in the past year. I ran through it in two days, and the only reason it took me that long to finish it was because i was visiting family. from the time opened the book until the time I finished it, i wanted more. and even after i finished it, i still wanted more! Now you're probably wondering what makes this book so fantastic? Katniss Evendeen. Smart, cunning, and quick. oh yeah, did i mention that She's a 16 year old Girl? That's right. and She. Kicks. Ass. She is easily one of my favorite characters of all times. She's what people would call a "Tom boy," but it dosn't matter. Let me place the setting of this book. It's a time after the fall of the United States, and a country called Panem has   formed in it's ruins. A place called the Capitol has taken control, they control the 12 Districts. Each of these districts produce a certain product. for example, District 4 is a Fishing district, District 11 is agricultural, and District 12, home of Katniss, which mines coal. Years ago, the Districts attempted to overthrow the Capitol, which failed and resulted in the destruction of District 13. As punishment for the upraising, every year the Districts are forced to compete in the Hunger Games. the Hunger Games are an arena fight to the death, where a boy and a girl from each District between the age of 12 and 18 are chosen to compete. And This is Where Katniss finds herself, forced to fight to survive. I'm sure based on this description you might have lost interest, but i assure you this book is simply Brilliant.  Now i'll admit, as a guy, i always hide my emotions. Sure, i have cried at movies or about the loss of a family member, but never about a book. But this book tugged at my heart strings in a way i'll never be able to explain. I shed a few tears as i read my way through both books, and if you have a soul you will too. I feel an emotional attachment to all of the characters, and sometimes i just wanted to be able to give Katniss a hug and tell her everything is going to be alright.      

Now i will be honest, the book does have it's issues. The book is told from Katniss' point of view, but sometimes it seems to lack her inner thoughts, or even like the author is rushing through them. there are other minor things like this, but i don't care.  and you won't either once you read them. my advice to everyone is to go out and read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, because i promise you won't regret it. the Third book of the Series, titled MockingJay (which will make sense when you read the books), is set to come out this August. And there has even been talk about a movie, set to come out Fall of 2011. 

So go now! go to your local book store! buy it on Amazon! borrow it from your local library! whatever you do just get These books, now!