JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JRM

What's the deal with airline food?

Edit: Nooooooooooooooooooo, someone beat me to it!

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By GaspoweR

@i_stay_puft said:

I don't understand what Chip Kelly is doing to the Philadelphia Eagles.

SSSSHHHHHHH...the more we talk about it, the more likely he ends up landing Drew Brees.

#FollowTheMoney

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By GaspoweR

@valjean9430 said:

What's the deal with ovaltine?

HEY!

YOU LEAVE OVALTINE OUT OF THIS.

LEST I FIND YOU...

AND DUMP A TRUCK LOAD OF MILO IN YOUR HOME.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I don't understand what Chip Kelly is doing to the Philadelphia Eagles.

I'm not convinced Chip Kelly knows what Chip Kelly is doing with the Philadelphia Eagles

If this whole thing crashes and burns it will be quite the spectacle, as a Giants fan I've got the popcorn ready

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As an adult baby, I don't understand why people don't wear butt garments regularly.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont understand why you dont understand what you do not understand is like what? D:

Ok ... why do politicians who have a lot of money and paid expenses even dare to get themselves a raise? Or why even thou they earn so much money they need to corrupt themselves to earn more for so little work? Whe the friggin fuck do we need politial parties anyway? And why we have to pay for their own propaganda? (this last oneapplies to Mexico , I dunno how it works in other countries) Or why we dont have a real ass democracy were each person votes for each initiative instead of this faux "elected to represent us"democracies we have today?

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand neutrinos.

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valjean9430: @frostyryan: I think it's similar to people that watch other people play video games that they themselves may never play. I have no interest in playing half the games the bomb crew plays, but I love watching them play them. I also enjoy watching Brad play Dota despite never wanting to play a MOBA.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't see the connection between Souls games and PSO to Monster Hunter. I love, LOVE, 3000+hours of love for PSO and have more than a few hundred on the Souls game but MH just seems like a bad version of everything with four players meaning it's like PSO. I don't understand it and at times I think people never played PSO enough to say that MH is anything like it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't get selfie sticks, like where do people store it when they aren't being used for selfies?

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@frostyryan: Same reason you would watch anime even though you don't have wacky high-school adventures/ a giant robot/ a mystical girl that someone ended up in your life/ a katana, or the same reason you would watch one of the giant bomb guys play Mario Party even though you don't play board games, or the same reason you watch Scarface even though you don't have a cocaine empire. It's to live vicariously through the actions of others and be entertained. Competitive sports has the advantage that it's unscripted (presumably) and therefore more suspenseful (in theory), so the element of excitement is heightened.

I think sports are boring though, for the record.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortuss_zero: But animes have stories. Scarface has a story. and no, I wouldn't watch the bombcrew play mario party because i have no interest in board games.

I would watch someone play a video game to see how they react to it because video games have artistic, creative integrity and craftsmanship or a story. I'd like seeing how someone reacts to a scare in a horror game because it was meticulously crafted to scare a person, and I'd like to see if it worked on certain people. I'd like to see how someone would react to [insert character here] dying while playing a Telltale game.

If you play sports and watch someone play sports professionally you can be like "oh look at the way he did that. that's so impressive." or "i should learn how to pull that off"........i don't get why you would watch otherwise. professional sports are packaged, processed, and broadcast as entertainment events.......I just don't see what value they hold as that. I'm not being condescending. I genuinely just don't understand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand that one guy in every competitive team based game who insults his own team while they're winning.

I don't understand spiders.

I don't understand anyone who isn't me and I don't understand me most of the time.

I don't understand people who love football or hockey.

I don't understand 21:9 Monitors, seriously what the f***? I don't understand.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@frostyryan: Oh, I don't think you're being condescending. At least, I'm not taking it that way. I'm just trying my best to explain why someone enjoys something I and you don't. And the idea, at least to me, is that every season of a professional sport is a story. A freeform one told by the players, coaches, refs, announcers and fans together. When you have a team that's "yours", whether it's because they're local, a friend of yours likes them, they have a cool logo or whatever reason you come up with, they're "your" character in the story. You watch their struggles against other characters (teams), root for them to succeed, curse their opponents successes and relish when they triumph. Because there isn't any script, there's a real sense of suspense about what happens to your team in their quest for the gold. Will they manage to outfox their opponents this time? Will your star player get injured? Will a simple human error throw the entire thing into the toilet? Will the coach bench/fire the troublemakerlawbreaker, even though he's one of the best around? People create stories on their own through the attachments they form. That's after all what a sports movie is, it's the story of some person/teams time in a sport, with the duller parts snipped out.

I can also say with some certainty that because of my inability to play sports, sometimes it magnifies my appreciation of their talents. I can look at an athlete perform spectacularly and mentally compare it to my own entirely pathetic abilities and appreciate the talent shown. I don't have to know how to play guitar to appreciate impressive finger work. I may never fully appreciate how impressive it is, but I can form an idea.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newhaap said:

I don't understand why we still haven't moved on from toilet paper, especially in the US. We have the capability to develop technology to make electronics work like magic just through voice and gestures and yet we can't move on from toilet paper? I don't understand.

I'd love to hear suggestions for this lol

Lasers. Atomizing the shit out of your butt crack with subatomic accuracy. SCIENCE!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

walta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently read the story about the guy who zapped that 11 year-old kid's Destiny characters. I just don't get what's fun about griefing people in games. Guess the type who does that would be beating up smaller kids on the playground if they didn't have games to grief in, so I suppose it's better than physical violence, but jebus. Sad thing is, given his ruthless disregard for others he will probably go on to become a millionaire patent litigator or something.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You should understand that without spiders we'd be totally screwed!

One spider eats around 2 thousand flies a year! Think of all those flies! Flying around, eating crops, flying in front of your face and all you hear is that loud noise and you freak out and swat at the air and you look like a fool! Fuck that!

Appreciate you're friendly neighborhood spider, and maybe take them outside instead of squashing them if they pop a squat in your house.

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I don't understand how Drew is so bad at Metal Gear Solid.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@therealmoot said:

One spider eats around 2 thousand flies a year! Think of all those flies! Flying around, eating crops, flying in front of your face and all you hear is that loud noise and you freak out and swat at the air and you look like a fool! Fuck that!

Appreciate you're friendly neighborhood spider, and maybe take them outside instead of squashing them if they pop a squat in your house.

Anyone who would take spiders over flies has clearly never been bitten by a horrible spider. I had a black widow bite and it was the worst so I have sworn vengeance upon all Spiderkind.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the deal with softballs? It says soft but it's not soft at all.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it when people put sex on the same level as food, air and water when listing the things humans need to survive (and no -- they don't even mean continuation of the species). If this were true then most kids would die and so would people in solitary confinement. The evidence shows that neither kids nor prisoners in confinement die due to lack of sex.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why does subpar mean 'worse than average' when in golf it actually means 'excellent'?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsh_pl said:

Why does subpar mean 'worse than average' when in golf it actually means 'excellent'?

It makes sense though. Par is the standard. So in reality going below the standard- SUB par, means something's worse. But in golf- you've hit the ball less times than during a standard game- it means you're doing well.

moojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reinforce would imply you are inforcing something again. But inforcing isn't a word.

What's the deal with that?

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overnow: Ah god that must be really annoying, I feel your pain duder. Piss on the toilet seat happens quite a bit here too, luckily we have 2 toilets so we agreed a while back that the guys use one and girls another - though now everyone apart from the disgusting guy uses the 'girls' because it's clean. The other one is just grim -shudder-
I agree its fine to be messy as long as its only effecting you, my rooms usually cluttered with crap all over the place. Funny thing is the guys room actually isn't that bad, just the rest of the house :/

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

@turambar said:
@biffmcblumpkin said:

When I brush my teeth the toothpaste has no uncomfortable affect on my gums or tongue but God forbid I squirt a tiny amount on my anus and it burns like CRAZY. What the heck is the deal with that?!

You probably have microscopic cuts on your anus from particularly hard stool. It's a common thing.

Not possible. The stool I use the most has a soft velvet top covering the wood.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piss on the toilet seat...

AH MAN...that is and always will be the FUCKING worst.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Budwyzer

I was recently at a them park with my wife. We were walking down one of the pathways when we could no longer go any further. You want to know why we could no longer proceed? Because there was an entire family of scooter riding fat asses parked, side by side, across the entire pathway. And this wasn't a narrow pathway, there were at least 8 of them. I put them in the category explained below. I don't understand.

Sorry for not taking a picture but water rides and cell phones don't mix.

@nophilip said:

@liquiddragon said:

guys what i wrote are examples. there are obvious reasons why things are the way they are. please contribute to the topic and for one second, curb your urge to constantly correct ppl at every turn. you're not that clever.

In your post, you basically ask "Why do things work this way?" Then you get mad when someone answers the question. Just because someone answers a question doesn't mean they're "correcting" you or "trying to be clever". Some people just like to be informative.

But there are some people that don't appreciate free information and would rather remain stupid.

friarmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: Many municipal infrastructure projects are built/maintained/upgraded by issuing revenue bonds. Essentially the bridge/tunnel is paid for by the people who use it instead of raising taxes on everyone. Sometimes municipalities use revenue from tolls, etc. for unrelated expenditures, but you rarely hear government leaders say it publicly. Additionally, as in the case in NYC, tolls are used as policy tools to encourage public transit use, carpooling, and other activities that reduce vehicle congestion.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@turambar said:
@biffmcblumpkin said:

When I brush my teeth the toothpaste has no uncomfortable affect on my gums or tongue but God forbid I squirt a tiny amount on my anus and it burns like CRAZY. What the heck is the deal with that?!

You probably have microscopic cuts on your anus from particularly hard stool. It's a common thing.

Not possible. The stool I use the most has a soft velvet top covering the wood.

Loading Video...

friarmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsh_pl: @imsh_pl: The argument against Uber, Lyft, etc. comes from how they are able to undercut typical taxi companies' prices: by paying lower wages to drivers and taking advantage of less regulation than the established taxi market. Requiring a special license to drive a cab helps ensure the vehicle is properly insured and that the driver isn't a convicted rapist. Personally, I'm in favor of publicly owned operated taxi service.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@friarmark: But Lyft isn't a company which hires drivers; rather, it facilitates and enables people who wish to give others a ride and connects them with customers. Also: when you say they 'pay lower wages', what are you comparing that to?

Also Lyft has much better regulation than a taxi since customers rate the drivers on a personal basis.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealmoot said:

I don't understand Flies either.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why Korea would elect the daughter of a dictator who terrorized the country for almost twenty years to presidency, but they did. And I'm not even talking about the North.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jsnyder82

@creepingdeath0 said:

@viciousbearmauling said:

@therealmoot said:

I don't understand Flies either.

I don't think anybody understands flies. They seem to exist solely as food for spiders.

Therefore, yeah, I don't understand spiders, either.

Also, no. Sorry. If a spider is in my house I'm killing it. I don't give a crap how many flies it eats, that little bastard deserves to die.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jsnyder82: Well.... Spiders are food for animals that eat spiders, and so on and so on the food chain expands, eventually leading to us. So everything serves a purpose in the balance of things.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

why do my parents like to wrestle so much

friarmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsh_pl: That Lyft, Uber, Sidecar, etc. don't "employ" their drivers is precisely the problem. This shifts the costs (auto insurance, maintenance, gasoline, healthcare, etc.) onto the drivers, while simultaneously allowing the companies to avoid the regulations and taxes a typical taxi-service must confront. AirBnB follows a similar model, but in the hotel market. Eventually, when/if these new forms are regulated much of the cost "benefit" consumers see will disappear, leaving us essentially at square one.

That being said I do like Uber's app (it's the only car-share I've used), and hopefully these start-ups cause app implementation throughout the taxi-market.

P.S. There is a lot more intricacy to the anti-Uber argument than I am presenting; hopefully I make some sense.

Also, not calling it a "wage" is just arguing semantics.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jsnyder82

@viciousbearmauling said:

@jsnyder82: Well.... Spiders are food for animals that eat spiders, and so on and so on the food chain expands, eventually leading to us. So everything serves a purpose in the balance of things.

I understand and I don't care. So one of those Spider Council creeps got to you, too?

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I thought of one. In America, how come you sometimes hear about teenage criminal defendants getting tried as adults? But they aren't adults? So how can you try them as one? What's the point of making laws that say how we treat minors and this is how we treat adults if we don't use them? If the state gets to pick and choose who is an adult, why not the defendant? If someone gets busted for underage drinking, can they claim they were drinking as an adult? It seems to me that if we are going to base laws & morality on arbitrary ages then we need to do it 100% or 0%. I don't understand and I'm too lazy to google it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Shindig

@cale said:

The need/desire to worship.

When people won't just do a thing when they can do a thing. Just do the thing and stop not doing the thing for a hot second would you.

Worship is kinda simple. For example, whenever people talk about finding God it usually relates to them dealing with personal strife. Implying that a higher power has been a factor in it gives them some hope and self-esteem that they couldn't find under their own steam. You could argue that they have turned a corner under their own steam but worship and church-going also involves a communal and social aspect.