The I-went-to-Germany and 4000th post bonanza crunchy awesomeness

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By crunchUK

YEs, i had a "holiday". Now when i say holiday, me and the orchestra i play in went to berlin to play with another orchestra there and before you all get bored and click on that red X in the top right guess what the main attraction was:

Sound advice
Sound advice

Yes. BEER. Now i like beer a lot, but i am underage. But of course since the germans are so sensible, clever and advanced, from 16 you are entitled to purchase anything under 20%, which i think is a  very smart law, because think about it - if you get accustomed to beer before aqcuiring vodka, the chances of you dying are much lower. and there's so many beers to choose from. Naturally, when i saw the giant 1 litre can in the supermarket, i had to bring one back and i am now contemplating the ideal moment for opening it.

That and there are LOTS AND LOTS of high-speed food places where you can get something to eat like a kebab or pizza or a delicious bratwurst for a couple of euros, which i consider money much better spent than on some crappy hat with "berlin" written on it or a piece of wall for a ridiculous 20 euros.

We also went on a tour, where i learned fascinating things like how the kebab originated in berlin, and how the mayor is a homosexual

I could epxlain more stuff, but im bored. So really, if you like having fun and eating oversized sausages, berlin is a good place to be... providing you bring lots of money like i did.

Anyway, the other thing i wanted to bring up in my blog, was

Greatest show... IN THE WORLD

Someone please help me put into words what makes top gear so amazing! And on that bombshell... goodnight everyone

Ah, and i almost forgot... 4000 posts!!!! It has been a fun almost-a-year, giantbomb. Even if you are elitist and nerdy with your obscure japanese titles. :P

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By crunchUK

YEs, i had a "holiday". Now when i say holiday, me and the orchestra i play in went to berlin to play with another orchestra there and before you all get bored and click on that red X in the top right guess what the main attraction was:

Sound advice
Sound advice

Yes. BEER. Now i like beer a lot, but i am underage. But of course since the germans are so sensible, clever and advanced, from 16 you are entitled to purchase anything under 20%, which i think is a  very smart law, because think about it - if you get accustomed to beer before aqcuiring vodka, the chances of you dying are much lower. and there's so many beers to choose from. Naturally, when i saw the giant 1 litre can in the supermarket, i had to bring one back and i am now contemplating the ideal moment for opening it.

That and there are LOTS AND LOTS of high-speed food places where you can get something to eat like a kebab or pizza or a delicious bratwurst for a couple of euros, which i consider money much better spent than on some crappy hat with "berlin" written on it or a piece of wall for a ridiculous 20 euros.

We also went on a tour, where i learned fascinating things like how the kebab originated in berlin, and how the mayor is a homosexual

I could epxlain more stuff, but im bored. So really, if you like having fun and eating oversized sausages, berlin is a good place to be... providing you bring lots of money like i did.

Anyway, the other thing i wanted to bring up in my blog, was

Someone please help me put into words what makes top gear so amazing! And on that bombshell... goodnight everyone

Ah, and i almost forgot... 4000 posts!!!! It has been a fun almost-a-year, giantbomb. Even if you are elitist and nerdy with your obscure japanese titles. :P

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Silly person drinks underage

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

You missed Bungie Day so I refuse to read this blog.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

why have both comments so far been about refusing to read it because of some online game related reason? You horrible people

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Here's one reason why Top Gear is great.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

You just bought a random can of lager? Did you at least make sure it's *good* lager? lol

Orchestra? Crunchie? What instrument man.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By JoelTGM
@KnifeySpoony said:
" Here's one reason why Top Gear is great. "
lol oh god, they made of mess of that one didn't they...
I love the show.  It's on season 13 now; it's epic, hilarious, and educational.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK

i play the trumpet, and i know it's good because uh... my dad said it was when he brought one back ages ago? :P idk. Anyway stuff in germany is generally vastly superior compared to wank like budweiser and carling.

Also, @ lies, my sources tell me bungie day wasn't all that great anyway. MAybe if it was 6vs6 i would be upset.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KnifeySpoony

By popular demand, here is another reason why Top Gear is great.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine
@crunchUK: I agree with you, wouldn't the government want kids to get used to beer before they drink hard liquor? I'm 16 and live in America but I was in London over the spring and I love your laws over there. :)
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane

I'm glad to see that you had a great time in Germany.  I hope to visit there some place.  By the way, what instrument do you play?  It's awesome that you play in an orchestra.  I really need to get back on playing the piano again.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK
@KnifeySpoony said:
" By popular demand, here is another reason why Top Gear is great.
"
haha i remember that, the renault eco-calculator  "i personally don't see what was wrong with solar power to be honest" "well maybe people just find this kind of thing comes more naturally to them"
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
@CitizenKane said:
" I'm glad to see that you had a great time in Germany.  I hope to visit there some place.  By the way, what instrument do you play?  It's awesome that you play in an orchestra.  I really need to get back on playing the piano again. "
@crunchUK said:
" i play the trumpet"
;-)
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Red12b

Top Gear Is Funking Awesome, I am Not the Stig.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By jonnyboy

I watch only one TV show, that show is Top Gear.

Also many, many, many, years ago I went to Belgium when I was 15. The legal drinking age (again for beer and lager) was 14. Plus you could buy beer from vending machines on the street. This type of thing can never happen in the UK. We can't be trusted, we don't have that kind of self control.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crunchUK
@jonnyboy said:
" I watch only one TV show, that show is Top Gear.Also many, many, many, years ago I went to Belgium when I was 15. The legal drinking age (again for beer and lager) was 14. Plus you could buy beer from vending machines on the street. This type of thing can never happen in the UK. We can't be trusted, we don't have that kind of self control. "
COOL
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Gunner

Stupid drinking laws in the U.S :/

I envy you.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK
@Gunner said:
" Stupid drinking laws in the U.S :/I envy you. "
Me too, but it's called a fake ID
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By lordofultima

Kids wanting to drink so bad is pretty hilarious to me. I was legal to drink and didn't even think about it for like a year afterward.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crunchUK
@lordofultima said:
" Kids wanting to drink so bad is pretty hilarious to me. I was legal to drink and didn't even think about it for like a year afterward. "
Maybe that's why you make videos on street fighter 4 all the time instead of enjoying life
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RandomHero666
@crunchUK said:
" @lordofultima said:
" Kids wanting to drink so bad is pretty hilarious to me. I was legal to drink and didn't even think about it for like a year afterward. "
Maybe that's why you make videos on street fighter 4 all the time instead of enjoying life "
xD

Also, i didn't know you went to Germany you lucky bastard!! And glad to hear you had an awesome time.
Bungie day was ok, it was my first time playing halo for ages, Lies and Systech had me tag along, making matchmaking a bastard because of the odd numbered parteh.

Welcome Back Crunch!!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK
@RandomHero666: lol. Did you lose a lot? :P
NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By NickM

Bradwurst and beer - hell yes!

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Meowayne

Tourists. -eyeroll-

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RandomHero666
@crunchUK said:
" @RandomHero666: lol. Did you lose a lot? :P "
First few games we lost, probably due to me having not played hal0z for ages, after that though we done alright.. probably due to           Lies' and Systech's Magnum mayhem 
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crunchUK
@RandomHero666 said:
" @crunchUK said:
First few games we lost, probably due to me having not played hal0z for ages, after that though we done alright.. probably due to           Lies' and Systech's Magnum mayhem 
"
o that! The magnum is actrually quite powerful. It's like a BR, but more difficult really

And in further off topicness, i just did the S-class endurance race in forza 2, at the unbeatable-by-you time of 46 minutes 30 seconds. Muahahahaha.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RandomHero666
@crunchUK said:
" @RandomHero666 said:
" @crunchUK said:
"
o that! The magnum is actrually quite powerful. It's like a BR, but more difficult reallyAnd in further off topicness, i just did the S-class endurance race in forza 2, at the unbeatable-by-you time of 46 minutes 30 seconds. Muahahahaha. "
Only cus u use hax
edit: And P.long is a level 1 hired driver.. or something
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crunchUK
@RandomHero666 said:
" @crunchUK said:
" @RandomHero666 said:
" @crunchUK said:
"
o that! The magnum is actrually quite powerful. It's like a BR, but more difficult reallyAnd in further off topicness, i just did the S-class endurance race in forza 2, at the unbeatable-by-you time of 46 minutes 30 seconds. Muahahahaha. "
Only cus u use hax
edit: And P.long is a level 1 hired driver.. or something
"
Congrats you just hit 1337 posts! And hiring drivers is for nubs
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By c1337us

Learning to drink beer at a young age to prepare you for hard liqor was one of the dumbest things I heard the first time someone told me it was a good idea. But when I was 16 it didnt stop me from trying lol.

Also Top Gear sucks.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Absurd
@c1337us said:
" Learning to drink beer at a young age to prepare you for hard liqor was one of the dumbest things I heard the first time someone told me it was a good idea. But when I was 16 it didnt stop me from trying lol. Also Top Gear sucks. "
I drank some hard liquor the second time I went drinking...It wasn't smart.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crunchUK
@c1337us said:
" Learning to drink beer at a young age to prepare you for hard liqor was one of the dumbest things I heard the first time someone told me it was a good idea. But when I was 16 it didnt stop me from trying lol. Also Top Gear sucks. "
Well the second thing you said invalidates the first thing you said anyway!
bloodredreaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bloodredreaper

Berlin is awesome. I moved to Berlin in 2006 and I just love the place... Also, I just cleaned up after a get together this weekend and have to return 11 cans of extra strong Faxe and 4 cans of the normal Danish one that you purchased. I like 'em both quite a bit. Did you go around Potsdamer Platz at all? If I recall I believe there is some type of concert hall in that area...