The impossible just happened with my Zune...

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By fr0br0

I never thought I'd see this day. My sturdy, son of a bitch, Zune 80 has stopped working on me. I hold the power button, but nothing happens. I try to restart it, but nothing happens. I stick it in to recharge, but nothing happens. I plugged it in last night, thinking that the battery had died, but when I awoke the next morning, it still had the black screen. I've have dropped it quite a few times, but it had never froze on me or anything like that.

I hadn't dropped it recently or done anything different than I usually do with it. I had just gotten home, paused it on a song and left it on my bed knowing that it would automatically turn itself off. Some hours later, when I checked it, it wouldn't turn on. I had to go most of today without music. I never want to do that again...*shudder* But man, I didn't even think it was possible for a Zune to break physically.

Has anybody else had troubles with their Zunes? And does anybody know if I can send this to Microsoft and they could patch up whatever is wrong with it (fee or not)?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fr0br0

I never thought I'd see this day. My sturdy, son of a bitch, Zune 80 has stopped working on me. I hold the power button, but nothing happens. I try to restart it, but nothing happens. I stick it in to recharge, but nothing happens. I plugged it in last night, thinking that the battery had died, but when I awoke the next morning, it still had the black screen. I've have dropped it quite a few times, but it had never froze on me or anything like that.

I hadn't dropped it recently or done anything different than I usually do with it. I had just gotten home, paused it on a song and left it on my bed knowing that it would automatically turn itself off. Some hours later, when I checked it, it wouldn't turn on. I had to go most of today without music. I never want to do that again...*shudder* But man, I didn't even think it was possible for a Zune to break physically.

Has anybody else had troubles with their Zunes? And does anybody know if I can send this to Microsoft and they could patch up whatever is wrong with it (fee or not)?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

I gave my dad one of the original Zunes, it's still going. No problems for him.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I thought you were gonna say it red-ringed.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Well I think it is probably out of warranty, might as well open it up to tinker with it to get it goin.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kohe321
Arkthemaniac said:
"I thought you were gonna say it red-ringed."
Haha same here.

I've never owned or tried a zune, so I have no experience with them or their durability.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fr0br0
Arkthemaniac said:
"I thought you were gonna say it red-ringed."
Well actually...

No Caption Provided
:(

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Ok, please read very carefully:

I know you said you dropped your Zune a couple times, as have I to my own, and the very same situation occurred: it wouldn't turn on. Before you go off and phone MS, and, if you're out of warranty, prepare to shell out $159.99 for a replacement, please please try using a different charge cable (assuming that is how you charge your Zune). The MS customer service representative told me that is it dead and I need to buy a new one, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try charging with a new cable and it worked. Just go to your local Best Buy, ask if you can return the cable then and there if it doesn't work on your Zune, and plug that bitch into one of those display computers. That is exactly what I did and it worked.

My Zune now works like a charm (except for the left and bottom buttons not fuctioning because of MS's shitty replacements) and I saved myself a kidney.

I hope this helps. If that doesn't work...well, I just hope that works.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Ok, please read very carefully:

I know you said you dropped your Zune a couple times, as have I to my own, and the very same situation occurred: it wouldn't turn on. Before you go off and phone MS, and, if you're out of warranty, prepare to shell out $159.99 for a replacement, please please try using a different charge cable (assuming that is how you charge your Zune). The MS customer service representative told me that is it dead and I need to buy a new one, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try charging with a new cable and it worked. Just go to your local Best Buy, ask if you can return the cable then and there if it doesn't work on your Zune, and plug that bitch into one of those display computers. That is exactly what I did and it worked.My Zune now works like a charm (except for the left and bottom buttons not fuctioning because of MS's shitty replacements) and I saved myself a kidney.I hope this helps. If that doesn't work...well, I just hope that works."
Microsoft really doesn't give a shit...
papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By papercut

Whats a Zune?

In all seriousness, that sucks. My i pod has done shit like that and there's a weird re-set technique you can use to restart it.

Do you know if the Zune has something like that?

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By jNerd

i have an 80gb & mines a tank bruh

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RetroIce4

I have a 80 and mine went black for a good 3 days. Wouldn't charge or anything. I just left there for a week.  Hard Reset it and put it into my charger. Magically worked fine. Working fine since. (I did chip it because I have dropped it 3 times. (2 times on concrete)

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine
Fr0Br0 said:
"I never thought I'd see this day. My sturdy, son of a bitch, Zune 80 has stopped working on me. I hold the power button, but nothing happens. I try to restart it, but nothing happens. I stick it in to recharge, but nothing happens. I plugged it in last night, thinking that the battery had died, but when I awoke the next morning, it still had the black screen. I've have dropped it quite a few times, but it had never froze on me or anything like that.I hadn't dropped it recently or done anything different than I usually do with it. I had just gotten home, paused it on a song and left it on my bed knowing that it would automatically turn itself off. Some hours later, when I checked it, it wouldn't turn on. I had to go most of today without music. I never want to do that again...*shudder* But man, I didn't even think it was possible for a Zune to break physically. Has anybody else had troubles with their Zunes? And does anybody know if I can send this to Microsoft and they could patch up whatever is wrong with it (fee or not)?"
That sucks man. The same thing happened to my friends Zune 30 about a week ago and his 80's hold switch fell off so he's zuneless these days. I still have my Zune 120 which is still working great. Hopefully MS can help you out and fix your zune. Is it still under warranty?
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus

My dog tried to eat my iPod the other day :-(

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fr0br0

HUZZAH! I bring great news (for me). I borrowed my friends wall charger to see if it would work. At first nothing happened and a tear dropped from my face. But after leaving it sitting for a minute, I swear I saw the face of Jesus in my Zune. The charging icon appeared and I yelped of joy. Many, MANY thanks to Jolly for the tip. You have saved me from shelling over 150 $1 dollar bills to Microsoft.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine
Fr0Br0 said:
"HUZZAH! I bring great news (for me). I borrowed my friends wall charger to see if it would work. At first nothing happened and a tear dropped from my face. But after leaving it sitting for a minute, I swear I saw the face of Jesus in my Zune. The charging icon appeared and I yelped of joy. Many, MANY thanks to Jolly for the tip. You have saved me from shelling over 150 $1 dollar bills to Microsoft."
Congrats, I'm glad your Zune is working okay now.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Clean

I was pretty tramatized when my Ipod Mini stopped working. Well that was a a piece of shit to be honest,haha. I thought Zune's were supposed to be more reliable. Best of luck you get a new one from Microsoft.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Fr0Br0 said:
"HUZZAH! I bring great news (for me). I borrowed my friends wall charger to see if it would work. At first nothing happened and a tear dropped from my face. But after leaving it sitting for a minute, I swear I saw the face of Jesus in my Zune. The charging icon appeared and I yelped of joy. Many, MANY thanks to Jolly for the tip. You have saved me from shelling over 150 $1 dollar bills to Microsoft."
Ah, that's good to hear mate. Really glad you gave that a try ;)
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By maxszy
Fr0Br0 said:
YAY! I always love hearing success stories like this! Grats man!
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

An RROD on a Zune...lol. I wouldn't bother buying one of those. My friend's also broke. He bought another one on ebay for $90..a used Zune doesn't hold value apparently.