• 116 results
EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By EXTomar

If you think about, Ang clearly used the technique on at least 2 people. If they remember what happened, then they could teach it to someone else....

And there was already a lot of suspicion that Amon was a bender of some type where if nothing else the implication was that he could at least "spirit bend" if he could take away bending ability. And there there was something clearly going on with Tarrlok. After disabling Tarrlok, why bother taking him since he was a disgraced and a fugitive? He either wanted something or he knew something Amon didn't want to get out which turned out to be both the case. I wondered if Amon was actually "more machine than man" so I was caught by the reveal. Oh well...can't guess it all. :)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By Video_Game_King

@EXTomar said:

If you think about, Ang clearly used the technique on at least 2 people. If they remember what happened, then they could teach it to someone else....

That doesn't make any sense. It sounds like the underlying logic is "I saw somebody do something; therefore, I can teach others to do that very thing". Unless you're talking about Yakone teaching his sons bloodbending, which makes far more sense.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By EXTomar

....I was trying to avoid that spoiler for a bit. Oh well.

And why is it so strange? That is exactly how masters teach students in other martial arts so why not this one?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#104  Edited By Video_Game_King

@EXTomar:

It's hard to avoid spoilers in this thread. Anyway, that's not a good analogy. I mean, a martial arts master couldn't teach you how to take somebody's martial arts away by doing it to you. That's a pretty massive leap in logic. Besides, Yakone was a bloodbender, not an energy bender (since the Avatar's the only one who can pull that shit), so it's a moot point to begin with.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By SlightConfuse

i just assumed that he was bloodbending the part of the brain that had to do with bending. like having a stroke

Destinycero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Destinycero

I really enjoy Korra, I wish it was longer

As we know that chi blockers can temporary disable a bender, Amon probably use a combination of Bloodbending and Chi blocking to damage a pressure point that allowed people to bend, causing them to lose there bending (that how I see it)

GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GoodKn1ght

@BabyChooChoo said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@adoggz: did you watch TLA? That series ending was way worst

And sure, the last episode of TLoK was not great but it's not in the same league as the ME3 ending.

Damn, the ending to TLA was worse? I haven't seen it all, but man, I don't even know if I wanna finish watching that now. I freaking hated...H-A-T-E-D...the ending to TLoK so if TLA is worse, I don't know if I'm mentally prepared to handle it lol

I disagree whole heartedly except for one point. There is one loose end that they shove in there ( I literally watched the entire series a month ago in like a week). It wraps up a lot and the bending is pretty crazy. I think it came together nicely but also, it was technically a kids show so it did suffer from not being able to smoke some people. You've watched TLoK so you do know about the taking bending away. That is literally introduced in the last episode by some crazy way that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Ok maybe it wasn't the best but it was pretty good I think, but I have weird tastes and not gonna lie, hammered for about half the episodes.

As for the TLoK ending, it was cool but left some stuff to be desired. I thought the Amon(sp?) explanation was really good but a little long and kinda of negated by the fact he just gets killed at the end, basically they spent all this time making him a real person and then kill him 30 minutes later. Maybe it was to add to the heavyness of Tarlocks decision in the end idk. Also on that scene, does anyone else think Amon knew Tarlock was going to kill them? That's why he was crying. He may have sensed his brother moving(being a crazy bloodbender and all) but didn't want to stop him. My biggest problem is one that is in the whole series, I agree with the equalists. The gang benders are dicks and shouldn't have bending.

Also this is a childrens show, everything has to end nice and clean and with everything all better. I kinda thought they are going on a little darker, more serious note but the "well everyone can have the powers back" kinda killed any serious impact for me.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By supamon

I just watched the last episode and man was that unsatisfying. I thought they would leave Korra powerless till next season as a hook but nope, they cleared that up right away along with the love triangle, returning bending to others and the Amon situation. A little too clean for me. Dammit nickelodeon and your kid's show!

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@The_Laughing_Man:

Does that mean Korra's gonna die? Or are they gonna go into the past? Because that last one would make far more sense.

Rumors are the next one is based after shes grown old and died and so on. Just like this is based after Anng died.

That would be crazy. Squandering an entire season's worth of character building to start over with what could be season 3.

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By Novis

Man, I'm kinda bummed out about this series. I really wanted to like it. I love the characters, I really don't mind coming back into this world again, and I love seeing the art in action. But, if they expanded this to more than just 12 episodes so they can space things out, and pace it so things have more weight, I would have easily have loved this more than TLA. And I like it too. Kinda frustrates me a bit.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I thought the final episode was fairly predictable. I was pretty disappointed at how rushed it felt, though.

There fight at the end was a huge anticlimax, and at times it seemed like they were just making that shit up as they went along, like when the Air-bending family just sort of turned up out of nowhere as an emotional plot device. The whole blood-bending brothers seemed slightly far-fetched and disappointing, too.

And Bolin didn't have enough lines. So, in summary, not a good episode.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By kindgineer

@Sweep:

I thought the whole Blood Bending brother idea was really cool, they just implemented it horribly. Also, I agree with the feeling of anti-climax, nothing felt like the last piece of the puzzle was being put in, which made the episode drag near the end.

It's a "kid" show when you really look at it, so I guess we cannot expect the depth of a novel, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the season. Can't wait to see what Book Two brings us.

Also, anyone else bummed out that Aman wasn't some crazy badass God of evil-doings that will bring terror to the world forever in some plot-twist? I know I was.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#112  Edited By Phatmac

Guys this series will have 26 episodes so 14 more! This was always supposed to be a mini series so I can understand why people are upset that it seems to be going at such a rapid pace. I don't understand why they decided for it to be a mini series in the first place.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I watched the first two episodes and I'm loving it.

Korra is a bad ass chick!

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By TwoLines

Well I thought those last two episodes were fantastic. I only wish that...

(SPOILERS) ...that the second season would be about Korra regaining the ability to bend. It felt a little bit Deus Ex Machiney at the end there.(SPOILERS END)

But the rest was great. Not overly bombastic, and well paced. TLA still beats Korra's ass in terms of character development and story, but Korra's still a damn good show.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By EXTomar

"Metroiding" can work in a video but I find it dubious in any story and I'm glad they didn't go that route. Too many shows spend too much time on ancillary details instead of driving the plot. In this case, "Beating Amon and freeing the city" is the goal where going on some mystic quest to recover powers is a big distraction. To keep the show on pace they couldn't afford to spend another N episodes gearing up to face Amon.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#116  Edited By Red
I actually really enjoyed the season finale. I had the same gripes most of you had (Tenzin's family kinda appearing out of nowhere, Amon's reveal being a bit heavy-handed, Mako essentially cheating on Asami, Korra and Lin getting their powers back with relative ease, etc), the reveals they gave were satisfying, and the action was pretty damn great. From Mako's struggle to lightning bolt Amon to Korra's learning of airbending, to General Iroh ripping up that fleet, Bolin riding Naga, and Tarrlok and Amon's final end, the finale had me legitimately cheering and yelling at my monitor.

It all wrapped up so nicely that I'm worried about what the next season will add. That being said, Korra and Bolin still have more advanced bending forms to learn (Metalbending, waterbending the air, lightning creation and redirection), and pretty much all of the characters aside from Korra could do with some development.