The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (MOVIE)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

I just saw the trailer for the movie and I have to say I'm intrigued. I like that they are keeping the 1960s aesthetics and I like the casting of Henry Cavil as Napoleon Solo. The trailer was really just very very good and thus a good surprise.

The one thing I did not see in the trailer was "The Gun". The U.N.C.L.E. television series was famous or infamous for a gun handgun that could be turned into a bigger gun. For most of the show 'the gun' was a modified Walther P.38 that could be turned into a carbine by screwing on a longer barrel, a scope, and skeleton stock. The U.N.C.L.E. Gun, Car, and Pen communicator were very famous and were so interesting that the props made it into the real CIA museum.

I was just at the Imperial War Museum IWM in London a few weeks ago and one of the more interesting side exhibits was titled "Secret War". That wing explores the undercover world of espionage, covert operations and the work of Britain’s Special Forces. There was a lot of interesting tech in that wing, never was cool as the movies but interesting for being very real.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As much as I don't want more remakes and adaptations of existing series or films I do have to admit the trailer for this made me slightly hopeful in the end result. I feel there is room for a funnier James Bond right now. Even after being pretty disappointed with Kingsman. Guy Ritchie is pretty hit or miss so I'm not exactly confident in this one being great but I'm not down on it either.

I wonder if Robert Vaughn and or David McCallum will have a cameo.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#3 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@hassun said:

As much as I don't want more remakes and adaptations of existing series or films I do have to admit the trailer for this made me slightly hopeful in the end result. I feel there is room for a funnier James Bond right now. Even after being pretty disappointed with Kingsman. Guy Ritchie is pretty hit or miss so I'm not exactly confident in this one being great but I'm not down on it either.

I wonder if Robert Vaughn and or David McCallum will have a cameo.

While I agree that Guy Ritchie can be hit or miss, I've liked almost all of the films I've seen from him, so I am willing to give him a pass and be somewhat interested, also I love the aesthetic in the trailer.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

This looks pretty promising. I'm usually a fan of Guy Ritchie's films, and this seems like a film he'll do well. Cavill seems like a good fit as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

This movie adaptation for The Man from UNCLE has been in development Hell for nearly two decades so I am skeptical to say the least. Also I think Guy Ritchie peaked at Snatch and it's been downhill from there. I thought the Sherlock Holmes films were watchable but not what I would call good.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

My only connection to the original show was seeing the actor who played Ilya Kuriyakin show up as the NCIS forensics guy. Having said that, this movie looks to be like the fun kind of James Bond spy movie we haven't gotten in awhile, so I look forward to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

It looks cool, I'm hoping it's good but Guy Ritchie hasn't made a good film in a long time.

krummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Had forgotten this and the trailer made me buy a boxset of the old movies..

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm pretty hyped for this movie. Looks like some good ol' fashioned fun like the Bond movies used to be before they decided to make them all dark and serious. Thats not to say I don't enjoy the Daniel Craig Bonds but they do lack a certain playfulness that the older movies from that series had.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I actually like the Sherlock Holmes movies he made. I didn't at first, and mostly just compared em to the Cumberbatch show, but sometime last year I rewatched both of em back to back and enjoyed the hell out of em.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have a soft spot for Guy Ritchie films. looking forward to seeing this.