Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (315 posts) -

Watching SpikeTV's "Deadliest Warrior" and they're pitting Shaolin Monks against Maori Warriors. But seeing as the Shaolin were a pacifist order, wouldn't "Deadliest Warrior" be an insult to them?

#1 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (315 posts) -

Watching SpikeTV's "Deadliest Warrior" and they're pitting Shaolin Monks against Maori Warriors. But seeing as the Shaolin were a pacifist order, wouldn't "Deadliest Warrior" be an insult to them?

#2 Edited by Sursh (243 posts) -

Spike TV parade ignorance so unequivocally precise, it's a strange "holier than thou" attitude they possess.

My contemplation suggests that Spike TV show a level of appall that seems to embroid a stitch of people, the type that reminisce about there days in high school when they made that proclaimed "legendary" pass, and etc.

#3 Edited by Sursh (243 posts) -

And yes, any pacifist would take offense to the term "warrior".

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I stopped watching that show, it became stupid and they never take actual skill into the equation, it should be called deadliest weapon.

#5 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (315 posts) -

@CL60:

The show is awful, there's no doubt. But it's that fascinating kind of awful. Like a train wreck or an automotive accident you just can't look away from.

@Sursh:

I watched it on Netflix. Can't stand SpikeTV but every once in a while it's fun to partake in a little trash TV as background noise while I draw. :)

#6 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

I watch Spike to reassure myself that i'm not the biggest asshole out there.

#7 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Shaolin monks are deadly as FUCK.

Does this man look like a pacifist to you?
#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

They probably would take offense, but they're too bust pacifying to get into any argument with Spike.

#9 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

I thought monks were healers?

#10 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I think that show is fun, I watch it with my little brother and take bets on who'll win. I also think its funny when they slash the fuck out of some ballistics gel and act as if it took all of their martial skill just to beat this inanimate object.

#11 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Wei Shen is a dangerous man.

#12 Posted by SSully (4192 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror: Yes.

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@FourWude said:

But only after he's had four pork buns, changed his clothes, gotten a handy-J, and sung a little karaoke.

#14 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@FourWude said:

But only after he's had four pork buns, changed his clothes, gotten a handy-J, and sung a little karaoke.

Aaah, but how can he be whole man without pork bun?

#15 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Well, they did know martial arts and such..the show isn't exactly the epitome of serious television, nor does it claim to be. I think it's pretty fun to watch ^_^