• 52 results
Posted by Darson (451 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: The Most Important Question Of The Next Generation - Mattrick or Tretton, which would you rather have a beer with? (272 votes)

Don Mattrick 4%
Jack Tretton 74%
I'd rather play the game with Reggie 21%

Seriously.

#1 Posted by spookytapes (264 posts) -

Don Mattrick seems miserable.

#2 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

Mattrick. He's a videogame nerd - founded a software company at 17 in 1982. The other two are trained corporate salesmen (both have business backgrounds, not software dev backgrounds) - I'm not sure they'd have as much to offer in terms of interest.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

You're assuming that I'd be drinking beer in the first place.

#4 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -

I'd go with Tretton because I have a feeling that only Sony knows how to truly party.

#5 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@darson said:

I'd go with Tretton because I have a feeling that only Sony knows how to truly party.

What happens when you ask a 40 year old white man to "drop the mic"

#6 Posted by Superkenon (1461 posts) -

I don't think Mattrick would be very much fun right now.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

I don't think Mattrick would be very much fun right now.

I think he'd be a very sad or angry drunk. Not the sort of person that's fun to party with.

#8 Posted by Damodar (1428 posts) -

I want to party with Tretton. Mattrick just comes off as a bit of a smarmy turd. I suppose having to spend time with Mattrick would at least put me in the mood to drink. And forget Ryan Davis; Fuck Reggie Fils-Aime.

#9 Edited by LikeaSsur (1565 posts) -

Given that Tretton begins every conference thanking Sony fans for their loyalty to the brand, I'd have to pick him over no-nonsense Mattrick.

#10 Posted by Thoseposers (788 posts) -

I'd go to a strip club with reggie

#11 Edited by afabs515 (1192 posts) -

Fuck Reggie, Chuck Mattrick, Stuck with Tretton

#12 Posted by CaLe (4021 posts) -

I'd drink a fruit juice with either of them. They both seem like nice people.

#13 Edited by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

Whatever, they're both rich as fuck and will probably buy all your drinks.

#14 Posted by Wuddel (2098 posts) -

I'd LAN-party with Cerny.

#15 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

Tretton. How is this even a question?

#16 Posted by Village_Guy (2638 posts) -

PLAY THE GAME!

#17 Posted by Svenzon (722 posts) -

I'd play Stunts with Don Mattrick.

#18 Posted by Ben_H (3384 posts) -

Reggie 100%

#19 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I don't drink, but Jack Tretton seems like more fun. Reggie seems far too intimidating, and Mattrick strikes me the kind of guy everyone thinks is an asshole yet somehow gets all the chicks.

#20 Edited by ProfessorEss (7451 posts) -

None of the above.

None of these companies' press conference mascots intrigue me in the least.

#21 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -
#22 Posted by SpaceRunaway (870 posts) -

Yoshida.

#23 Edited by Quarters (1756 posts) -

If I drank, I'd totally roll with Tretton for a night at the club. Dude knows what's up.

#24 Edited by MocBucket62 (1247 posts) -

I could go for a few bottles of Coors with Jack Tretton tonight.

#25 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@evilnights: Really? Mattrick strikes me as a HUGE dork. He just seems so awkward playing the corporate mascot role - very Abed - like he has to 'jump into character' before going on-stage and if one little bump comes up, he stumbles all over himself. He's a tech guy who would rather spend time coding or nerding out with friends. Jack, on the other hand, strikes me as the douche who gets all the chicks. The slick salesman, the guy who courts public favor...the guy who'll say anything, just so long as you do what he wants.

Reggie would make a good wing-man though - he makes anyone look pretty by comparison.

#26 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

Tretton actually seems partly humanoid, so him.

#27 Posted by RecSpec (3853 posts) -

Mattrick would be fun. Reggie would probably be fun.

A night with Tretton would be the most memorable, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The places you would go, the things you would see. I wouldn't turn that down even if it meant I was stuck with a body in the trunk the next day.

#28 Posted by ProfessorEss (7451 posts) -

@darson said:

@professoress: I'll put you down for GabeN then.

That works for me. I'm no drooling Newell fan either but at least there's more to him than "over-groomed trained monkey" (and no that's not a dig at Reggie's appearance).

#29 Posted by Sergio (2161 posts) -

Mark Cerny. So probably Tretton if he could hook that up.

#30 Posted by NewDust (83 posts) -

Probably Tretton, seems the most genuine.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Jack Matrick and Don Tretton are names that could have appeared in videogames?! Videogames!

#31 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

I'd have to go with Tretton. I bet Reggie is an angry drunk, "Play... THE GAME!!"

#32 Edited by mellotronrules (1223 posts) -

@sergio said:

Mark Cerny. So probably Tretton if he could hook that up.

for sure cerny- but mostly because i'm certain he has the ability to open portals to whimsy-land.

#33 Edited by Joker369 (882 posts) -

J Allard.

#34 Edited by dr_mantas (1982 posts) -

Its' like the USA presidential elections!

#35 Edited by hollitz (1560 posts) -

I like Tretton better, but if I'm being honest, he scares me. I think I could take Mattrick if push came to shove.

#36 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11309 posts) -

This is crazy.

How could ANYONE vote for Mattrick over Tretton?

#37 Edited by hermes (1539 posts) -

Out of those options, I would go out with Tretton. He seems like an affable guy.

I wouldn't go out with Matrick... In fact, I have a hard time figuring out someone in the games industry less enjoyable to share a beer with.

#38 Posted by ch3burashka (5113 posts) -

Is... is this a trick question?

#39 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

I rather just talk to Cerny.

#40 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

Tretton would probably be the better conversationalist but I feel that Mattrick would have the best/most drugs.

#41 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

PLAY THE GAME

#42 Edited by Pkshields (810 posts) -

I wouldn't want to party with either of them, but goddamn I'd love to just sit, have a beer and talk with Tretton for hours.

#43 Edited by Sploder (917 posts) -

Tretton but I have the feeling he's the sort of guy who would buy you like 30 drinks and would call you a massive pussy when you wake up in the morning half dead with a huge hangover

#44 Posted by Nictel (2429 posts) -

@darson said:

What happens when you ask a 40 year old white man to "drop the mic"

I still wonder if he really didn't know or if it was his way of saying 'fuck you I'm not going to play along with your silly thing'

#45 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Play. The. Game.

#46 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4851 posts) -

Out of the guys listed, definitely Tretton. That said I'd love to sit Gabe Newell down and pick his brain on a variety of topics. He seems like a really smart guy with some interesting opinions.

#48 Posted by Snail (8617 posts) -

The real question is between Tretton and Reggie, and the Regginator is definitely the right answer.

#49 Edited by Zero_ (1976 posts) -

Does anyone else think... in all seriousness... Matrick's face makes him look like... y'know, a 'special' person?

@sploder said:

Tretton but I have the feeling he's the sort of guy who would buy you like 30 drinks and would call you a massive pussy when you wake up in the morning half dead with a huge hangover

Haha... yeah, I see that. And he'd say it in the nicest way, "Bro... dude.. you fuckin weak pussy man... but it's cool... next time"

#50 Posted by budgietheii (171 posts) -

As soon as Tretton opens his mouth at a press conference an uncontrollable anger bubbles up inside me. Just hate the way he talks.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's fine outside of the job though.