The new Alice In Wonderland is dead to me now.

• 56 results
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NukeGoBoom
  Its dead to me. There is Avril Lavigne, Fallout Boy, Blink 182, 3OH!3 and Owl City in the soundtrack.
Tim Burton is officialy making movies exclusivly for the Hot Topic demographic. I see people at my school with Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride merchandise only becouse its black and "edgy" and dont know that its movie merchandise. I enjoyed the shit out of Batman and Big Fish. And thought this remake could be cleverly done. But now i realise this is just a response for the demand of more semi-gothic or semi-edgy movie.
http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/2010/01/25/tim-burtons-alice-in-wonderland-soundtrack-revealed/
Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Junpei

this made me very sad, but I'll still watch it... not like I was gonna by the soundtrack anyway.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwho

I was down on this movie before I found out its actually based on Alice Beyond the Lookingglass, the sequel to the first book. Which hasn't been adapted well yet. Would I prefer a Disney animation, or something with, idunno, Terry Gilliam directing? Sure. But its a harmless movie adaptation, unlike Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Planet of the Apes. Man Burton sucks sometimes.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

You thought a Tim Burton movie was going to be good?

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NukeGoBoom
@ryanwho said:
" I was down on this movie before I found out its actually based on Alive Beyond the Lookingglass, the sequel to the first book. Which hasn't been adapted well yet. Would I prefer a Disney animation, or something with, idunno, Terry Gilliam directing? Sure. But its a harmless movie adaptation, unlike Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Planet of the Apes. Man Burton sucks sometimes. "
Did you watch that SyFy 2 part Alice remake? It looked pretty cool but becouse im not in the USA and too lazy to make proxy server and get it off Hulu i didnt watch it.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seedofpower
@NukeGoBoom said:
"   Its dead to me. There is Avril Lavigne, Fallout Boy, Blink 182, 3OH!3 and Owl City in the soundtrack. Tim Burton is officialy making movies exclusivly for the Hot Topic demographic.   "
This made me laugh. Cuz its true. I feel sorry for ya duder, it's hard to see something you love get crushed grounded up for all the unwashed masses.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

That didn't look interesting at all so no. I imagine they used the length of the miniseries of flesh out motivations and shit, which completely misses the point of the story which is everyone is crazy for no good reason.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NukeGoBoom
@HandsomeDead said:
" You thought a Tim Burton movie was going to be good? "
I watched a lot of Comic Con coverage and it got me hyped. I liked Big Fish and thought Nightmare Before Christmas was cleverly made. And i forgot that he made Sweeney Todd and even if i did i could forgive him...
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Megalon
This new movie has just made me want to replay American McGee's Alice...I have close to zero interest in actually watching the film.

@HandsomeDead said:
Doesn't the inclusion of Fallout Boy make it automatically good for you, HD? 

Ah, I miss when there used to be more active Rock Band forums here.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead
@NukeGoBoom said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
I watched a lot of Comic Con coverage and it got me hyped. I liked Big Fish and thought Nightmare Before Christmas was cleverly made. And i forgot that he made Sweeney Todd and even if i did i could forgive him... "
It was Henry Selick who made Nightmare Before Christmas, Burton's name is on it because he came up with the characters. And are you forgetting he made Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Edward Scissorhands?
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By the8bitNacho
Judging a movie based on its soundtrack...Jesus Christ, what's the world coming to.  How often is the soundtrack ever actually relevant to the movie.

@HandsomeDead
said:
I can name a few Tim Burton movies that aren't great, but most of them are awesome from my own perspective.  Stop implying your opinion as fact.
Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Turtlemayor333

I'm still going to end up seeing it eventually but...I kind of like the Disney version songs ya know? Is that weird? Same goes for the Willy Wonka remake actually. Why change the Oompa Loompa songs, arguably the most memorable parts of the film? Even if the new versions are better (which is a fairly laughable prospect, but just for sake of argument) I would still rather have that tiny link to the originals.

The artists themselves aren't really the worst crime here if they would just stick to the original tempo and lyrics. Sadly each song will inevitably be some sped up garbage cover.

Nuttycam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nuttycam

oh dear.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho
@HandsomeDead said:
" @NukeGoBoom said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
I watched a lot of Comic Con coverage and it got me hyped. I liked Big Fish and thought Nightmare Before Christmas was cleverly made. And i forgot that he made Sweeney Todd and even if i did i could forgive him... "
It was Henry Selick who made Nightmare Before Christmas, Burton's name is on it because he came up with the characters. And are you forgetting he made Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Edward Scissorhands? "
I know this is a common mistake but in defense of people who make it, Burton was the creative director in Nightmare and the "fashion" of the film, that look he uses in like everything now,  is the main thing a lot of people liked.
K_PhaNTOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By K_PhaNTOM

I'm sorry, you can watch Soundtracks now?

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NukeGoBoom
@Kombat said:
" Judging a movie based on its soundtrack...Jesus Christ, what's the world coming to.  How often is the soundtrack ever actually relevant to the movie.

@HandsomeDead
said:
I can name a few Tim Burton movies that aren't great, but most of them are awesome from my own perspective.  Stop implying your opinion as fact. "
Its not liking a soundtrack is a important part of flimaking and is a great tool to portray the mood of the movie through an extra medium...
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Bones8677

I got upset at this movie after I saw the trailer, because it isn't Alice in Wonderland. It's a sequel to the original story. But considering there was already a sequel called "The Looking Glass." Imagine all the kids who, after reading the book, go see the movie, only to find that it's not the original story. Basically, what I'm saying is this movie should have be called "Alice Returns to Wonderland."

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hot_Karl

Isn't that just the soundtrack accompaniment to the film, a la "Music INSPIRED by the motion picture"? Tim Burton's working with Danny Elfman for the actual soundtrack pieces heard in the movie, so I doubt we'll be hearing Johnny Depp walking out to a song by Avril.

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Turtlemayor333
@Kombat said:
" Judging a movie based on its soundtrack...Jesus Christ, what's the world coming to.  How often is the soundtrack ever actually relevant to the movie.

@HandsomeDead
said:
I can name a few Tim Burton movies that aren't great, but most of them are awesome from my own perspective.  Stop implying your opinion as fact. "
Maybe it isn't a musical, but Disney films traditionally place a large emphasis on the music. It's a valid topic.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ryanwho
@Bones8677 said:
" I got upset at this movie after I saw the trailer, because it isn't Alice in Wonderland. It's a sequel to the original story. But considering there was already a sequel called "The Looking Glass." Imagine all the kids who, after reading the book, go see the movie, only to find that it's not the original story. Basically, what I'm saying is this movie should have be called "Alice Returns to Wonderland." "
Or Beyond the Lookingglass. Which is a fine film name.
jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jack_daniels
@NukeGoBoom said:
"   Its dead to me. There is Avril Lavigne, Fallout Boy, Blink 182, 3OH!3 and Owl City in the soundtrack. Tim Burton is officialy making movies exclusivly for the Hot Topic demographic. I see people at my school with Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride merchandise only becouse its black and "edgy" and dont know that its movie merchandise. I enjoyed the shit out of Batman and Big Fish. And thought this remake could be cleverly done. But now i realise this is just a response for the demand of more semi-gothic or semi-edgy movie.http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/2010/01/25/tim-burtons-alice-in-wonderland-soundtrack-revealed/ "
Don't judge a book by it's cover. "This movie was directed by *********, therefor it has to suck."
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Whisperkill
@HandsomeDead said:
dude made the first two batman movies. They are fucking good
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By damnboyadvance

How does any music by any of them have to do with Alice in Wonderland? I mean, you couldn't even lie about a soundtrack like that!

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cazamalos
@HandsomeDead said:
Tim Burton was amazing all of his works i loved it, but the modern Tim Burton (post 2007) it may be being brain controlled by the same fool that's brain controlling Miyamoto and making them do such FAILure things 
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, isn't that the target audience anyway? Still, that disappoints me as well, but I wasn't really planning to see it anyway.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gizmo

All I know is that Owl City suck arse.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

No Caption Provided
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince

Anything with Johnny Depp is at least worth a gander.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Bruce
@NukeGoBoom:  

Wait wait wait, those songs are IN THE MOVIE, or just on the soundtrack?
Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jambones
@NukeGoBoom said:
"   Tim Burton is officialy making movies exclusivly for the Hot Topic demographic.  "
Duder, he ISthe Hot Topic demographic; it only makes sense. As for the quality of Alice, I too am skeptical, but not based on the sound track.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Megalon said:
@HandsomeDead said:
Doesn't the inclusion of Fallout Boy make it automatically good for you, HD? "
So you'd think, but my hatred for anything and everything Tim Burton actually makes it a bad thing because now, whenever I hear whatever song is on that soundtrack, I'll link it with him.
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By SBYM

Oh no, songs by people you aren't entirely fond of.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bruce

OH, but to be honest, the movie looked like pretentious shit from the trailer. If Tim Burton REALLY had a vision for Alice, it'd be rated R. 

I think the best Alice was actually the stop animation one done in the late 80's. Go look it up; it's Morbid and really cool.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#34  Edited By EpicSteve

Why does the soundtrack even matter? You're the perfect example of a person who hates something because of its following, or because of popularity. Hot Topic hops on everything in pop-culture that's popular. They have TONS of Mario shirts, does that mean you'll hate on Mario Galaxy 2 later this year? I understand the stigma of "the hottopic crowd", but you're overreacting.  

Come up with legitimate reasons for hate before making yourself look silly to the GB community and further embarrassing the common forum user because irrational people like you pollute them. How about see the movie then comment on the plot and acting?

P.S.

Most soundtracks for movies are lame.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By artofwar420

Maybe it's ironic? Could be.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Black_Raven

I heard people talking on the radio how excited they were for this soundtrack, to me its just a collection of the shittiest bands with barely any musical talent.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@K_PhaNTOM said:

" I'm sorry, you can watch Soundtracks now? "

Music in cinema is used as a thematic device to accentuate plot points, characters and mood.  If the new Alice in Wonderland uses Avril Latrine, Falldown Boygirl and whatever other fHot Topic demographic bands are trendy then I can only assume Burton is trying to elucidate his own sense of crtical suicide since he utterly buttfucked Willy Wonka and those damn dirty apes in rapid succession.  This movie will tank and Burton knows it.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The way the Mad Hatter looks pisses me off, and looks like something you'd see a douchy smart ass guy use for his avatar. Yes I'm judging the quality of a film soley by the way one of the characters looks.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ahriman22
@Kombat said:

@HandsomeDead
said:
The soundtrack actually has a lot to do with a movie.
torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By torus

I just want American McGee's Alice. Fuck this Tim Burton noise.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By clarke0

Holy fuck that's a bad line up. Owl City makes me want to throw up every time I hear his music. People need to chill out with all the Tim Burton hate though. His movies haven't been fantastic lately, but he has a backlog with some impressive work.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By jakob187
@HandsomeDead said:
AGREED!
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By Deusoma

I've known it would turn out to be meh as soon as they announced that it would be 3D.

raegunz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By raegunz_

don't judge a movie just because the soundtrack consists of artists you're not a big fan of.
this movie is going to be amazing.
but, then again, i'm a tim burton fan.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EVO
@jakob187 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
AGREED! "
C'mon, not even Ed Wood?!
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GunnBjorn

I'm surely not sceptical. 
Tim Burton understands the craft of turning a lovely (modern) fairytale into something that has a nightmarish quality to it. 
I mean that in a complementary fashion. 
In short, i really want to see this movie! 
I couldn't care less about the OST...
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By apathylad

I like Tim Burton's work, but I don't consider myself a diehard fan. I prefer the Christopher Nolan Batman films that Burton's. Still, I liked how Burton's Charlie and Chocolate Factory was more faithful to the book then the first adaptation.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mano521

that may be the worst soundtrack i have ever heard, still gonna see the movie though. just for that crazy cat

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By AndrewB

Is this stuff that plays during the movie or the credits? Because I've seen plenty of good movies with great soundtracks that turn around and slap a bunch of seemingly random songs into their end credits. In that case, it wouldn't really matter. I don't think anyone sticks around for the credits anymore.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JoelTGM
@Kombat said:
" Judging a movie based on its soundtrack...Jesus Christ, what's the world coming to.  How often is the soundtrack ever actually relevant to the movie."

What's wrong with that.  It gives you an idea of who the target audience is, so you can avoid wasting your money going to a movie that was made for someone else.