#1 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -

Okay I heard many horrible things about Transformers 2 from critics, (who I usually trust more) but when I ask my friends about it, they say they loved it, and like a film nerd, (as I am, not trying to hide) I asked why and every single guy I asked all said "Because Megan Fox is in it." And like the idiot I am I told them how stupid of a reason that is, why they should like a movie, and got made fun of because of it. Is this the type of audience that is growing in America? Is all you need to do to make money off a film and make people say its good is to throw in a hot actress as the star, and put a bunch of random explosions and violence in it?
#2 Posted by GreggD (4478 posts) -

Pretty much. I honestly don't see what's so special about Megan Fox. She looks just like every other pretty actress, to me.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy: 

If these are the same people who liked all those crap parody movies, then yes, this must be how the world will end.
#4 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

That new movie she's in, "Jennifer's Body," she looks ugly as fuck in it.

#5 Posted by torus (1096 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy:  

Welcome to the cultural elite. 
#6 Posted by ChopperDave47 (78 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy: 

in one word, yes. that is exactly what is happening to the audience, while what is easily the best movie of the year, inglorious basterds, didnt make even close to transformers 2
#7 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" That new movie she's in, "Jennifer's Body," she looks ugly as fuck in it. "
Statements like these make me question the male species at times.  =  / 

Transformers 2 was a shitty movie because it was disrespectful to the fans of the franchise from long ago.  The people that liked it are the kind of people that also like shit movies like Pineapple Express:  they laugh at every lame joke involving someone's nuts, as well as ghetto robots. 

As for any Megan Fox bashing, whatever.  I'd still rail her.
#8 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -
@torus said:
" @Godlyawesomeguy:   Welcome to the cultural elite.  "
#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@ChopperDave47 said:
" @Godlyawesomeguy:  easily the best movie of the year, inglorious basterds"
Best movie of the year not including The Wrestler, Gran Torino, Frost/Nixon, Star Trek, Drag Me To Hell, Moon, District 9 and many many others. Also, Transformers 2 was a 12 here and Inglourious Basterds is 18 so the clueless teen audience is excluded.
#10 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @FunExplosions said:
Statements like these make me question the male species at times.  =  /  Transformers 2 was a shitty movie because it was disrespectful to the fans of the franchise from long ago.  The people that liked it are the kind of people that also like shit movies like Pineapple Express:  they laugh at every lame joke involving someone's nuts, as well as ghetto robots.  As for any Megan Fox bashing, whatever.  I'd still rail her. "

I didnt want to say this, but it cant be ignored, Pineapple Express was the best comedy of the year (last year), and one of my personal favorites.
#11 Posted by SinGulaR (2261 posts) -

I would like the Transformer movies if I still was 12. But that doesn't mean anything because I was very easily impressed at that age.
#12 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
guys when i go to the movies i like to see something awesome on a big ass screen, loud as shit, with awesome surround sound (the next best thing is IMAX 3D- eg. Avatar). So in many ways i enjoyed Transformers 2. But I could never sit at home and watch it again. its such a braindead fucking movie. 
#13 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

I hate that too. If you love a movie that sucks, you might as well have a reason why,

#14 Edited by Griddler (3344 posts) -

I hated it, Megan Fox ain't that great either.

#15 Posted by ImHungryx10 (233 posts) -

Megan Fox is only hot cause she looks like she'd get in anyone's pants...that's not hot to me. But yes that is tthe teenager's opinion on a good movie. Explosions and hot people
#16 Posted by jkz (4003 posts) -

God damn I don't find Megan Fox attractive in the least, and she comes off as a totally unlikable bitch in all her interviews. 

As for the audience, I think that there is a growing group of people that think that's what constitutes a good movie. But I think it's been that way for a while, and you only begin to gain perspective on quality once you've watched a good deal of them.

#17 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
Yeah. I saw that trailer. I was like, "Damn she looks ugly in that.."
#18 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

@Godlyawesomeguy said: "I asked why and every single guy I asked all said "Because Megan Fox is in it." And like the idiot I am I told them how stupid of a reason that is, why they should like a movie, and got made fun of because of it."

Why should someone like a movie? I didn't realize that there were universal rules for something like that.
#19 Posted by ChopperDave47 (78 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:

" @ChopperDave47 said:

" @Godlyawesomeguy:  easily the best movie of the year, inglorious basterds"
Best movie of the year not including The Wrestler, Gran Torino, Frost/Nixon, Star Trek, Drag Me To Hell, Moon, District 9 and many many others. Also, Transformers 2 was a 12 here and Inglourious Basterds is 18 so the clueless teen audience is excluded. "
 sorry... i meant to say best movie i've seen this year.
#20 Posted by Brendan (7694 posts) -

How is this trend new? Doesn't anyone remember the 80's when dumb Schwarzenegger movies were popular?
#21 Posted by PenguinDust (12453 posts) -

How can anyone criticize dear sweet Megan Fox?  Look, she's a mechanic here...but, she's not one in real life.  You know what that is?  Acting.  She's got talents...

For the consideration of the Academy
#22 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -
@Suicrat said:
"

@Godlyawesomeguy said: "I asked why and every single guy I asked all said "Because Megan Fox is in it." And like the idiot I am I told them how stupid of a reason that is, why they should like a movie, and got made fun of because of it."

Why should someone like a movie? I didn't realize that there were universal rules for something like that. "

there are many reasons to like a movie but they shouldnt be as shallow as hot actresses and explosions. They have to be deeper than that, the reasons they like it for takes no talent, just a big budget.
#23 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

What are you, gay?

#24 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @Suicrat said:
"

Why should someone like a movie? I didn't realize that there were universal rules for something like that. "
there are many reasons to like a movie but they shouldnt be as shallow as hot actresses and explosions. They have to be deeper than that, the reasons they like it for takes no talent, just a big budget. "
Beauty can exist on the surface as well.

I was more pointing out the fallacious view that there are universal things to appreciate in film or art.
#25 Posted by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -

Megan Fox isn't anything special, going to a movie just to see her is stupid, that's what the internet is for.

#26 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -
I liked Transformers 2, people just didn't get the plot. 
#27 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -
@Colonel_Cool said:
"What are you, gay? "

thats how I got made fun of, but thanks for the reminder.
#28 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Brendan said:
" How is this trend new? Doesn't anyone remember the 80's when dumb Schwarzenegger movies were popular? "
You spelt awesome wrong.
#29 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Um, hello? do you live in our world or are you a guest? dont you know that all the big corporations are the people who noticed people's weak spots, either sexually or their need to show off or anything like that, and expoilted and expoilt them day after day and get filthy rich by doing that? making fancy things for us to compete at buying, throwing in a set of boobs on anything to make it popular, etc...... 

Megan Fox is the latest tool in their hands to make young men reach into their pockets. she's extremely fucking delicious thats for sure, but my mind controls me, not my blue balls

#30 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

This has happened for awhile, man. I think Transformers 2 was the biggest piece of shit I have let my eyes see in years but people like it. It is sad but true. Megan Fox is hot but she can't hold a movie. For the movie that think she can, well, sorry for disappointing you but she is not a good actress or presence at all; just a hot bod.

#31 Posted by Khann (2792 posts) -

I dunno... there's something to be said for stupidly cheesy action movies. I'm a big fan of Schwarzenegger films. 

That said, I can also appreciate a good 'critic friendly' film.

#32 Posted by Creamypies (4052 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @Brendan said:
" How is this trend new? Doesn't anyone remember the 80's when dumb Schwarzenegger movies were popular? "
You spelt awesome wrong. "
I'm glad someone else noticed this typo.
#33 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" Okay I heard many horrible things about Transformers 2 from critics, (who I usually trust more) but when I ask my friends about it, they say they loved it, and like a film nerd, (as I am, not trying to hide) I asked why and every single guy I asked all said "Because Megan Fox is in it." And like the idiot I am I told them how stupid of a reason that is, why they should like a movie, and got made fun of because of it. Is this the type of audience that is growing in America? Is all you need to do to make money off a film and make people say its good is to throw in a hot actress as the star, and put a bunch of random explosions and violence in it? "
YES... i hate people like that... it drives me crazy cause there reasons are so dumb... thats why you dont go by how many people watch a movie...cause a lot of them dont know good from bad...