• 100 results
#1 Posted by DonChipotle (2852 posts) -

Look, guys, I don't care if you hate Avril Lavigne or not. Watch the video on mute for all I care. You need to watch the music video for "Rock N Roll". It plays out like some twisted version of Tank Girl or something and also features both Billy Zane and Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years. Why are they there? I don't even know!

If you haven't seen it yet, just watch it. It's five minutes long and is both the best thing Avril Lavigne has ever done and the worst thing she has ever done. Yes, even worse than marrying Chad "I'm not working for McDonald's" Kroeger.

#2 Edited by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

This should be fun, thanks. And it sucks how the individuals using the internet are so uptight that you need all those disclaimers to be given a chance, but I understand.

Edit: Yup, that was a fun Scott Pilgirm-ish video, and Avril is still on the top of my list of women I wish I could pork. But musically she's become boring, which is fine since I'm not a big fan, but I enjoy her first two albums, they are two light hearted pop classics.

That dog has a drinking problem, and then there's lesbo action in his memory. Delightful!

#3 Posted by DystopiaX (5361 posts) -

OH MY SONY PHONE IS RINGING

#4 Posted by DonChipotle (2852 posts) -

She keeps the phone in water!

#5 Edited by Zacagawea (1616 posts) -

Beginning was the best part, half because of the acknowledgment and half because that phone is so fucking stupid it fits the video perfectly

#6 Edited by DystopiaX (5361 posts) -

@dystopiax said:

SO THIS SONY PHONE MUST BE WATERPROOF, RIGHT?

SONY TECHNOLOGY SURE IS AMAZING RIGHT GUYS?

#7 Edited by Fearbeard (834 posts) -

WTF was that at the beginning? "Oh my Sony phone is ringing"

That video seriously took a downhill turn after that bar scene as well.

#8 Edited by ThunderSlash (1965 posts) -

HEY YOU HEY YOU

#9 Edited by Baillie (4285 posts) -

I liked it.

#10 Posted by audioBusting (1649 posts) -

@dystopiax said:

@donchipotle said:

@dystopiax said:

SO THIS SONY PHONE MUST BE WATERPROOF, RIGHT?

SONY TECHNOLOGY SURE IS AMAZING RIGHT GUYS?

Well, how much more obvious can she make it?

#11 Posted by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

I don'T know if you guys knew that, but the SONY XPERIA is the most rocking phone on the market right now.

However the video is fun, and at least you get the feeling that everybody involved had fun making it. Also apparently Avril Lavigne still exists, who knew?

#12 Posted by FLStyle (4925 posts) -

That was pretty nuts!

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (7580 posts) -

wna dbe yujr girld hjey hey you yoiu i dont know whatcomsrhting like lie tit you should, ege a new one

#14 Edited by billymagnum (841 posts) -

Billy Zane and Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years. Why are they there? I don't even know!

because honestly, what else do they have to do? lol

#15 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1066 posts) -

All i can think about is that this is what Criterion has been waiting for to finally make Burnout Paradise 2.

#16 Posted by erhard (442 posts) -

I was just about to watch the video when my new Sony phone rang.

#17 Posted by Tubaker (16 posts) -

That was kind of alright.

#18 Edited by GunstarRed (5480 posts) -

Did she bat away a baby with a tray? Ok.

Avril Lavigne should NEVER act in anything ever again.

#19 Edited by Vonocourt (2168 posts) -

So I have no idea what Avril Lavigne's discography sounds like since Sk8ter Boi, but this doesn't seem that different...like ten years later. Maybe sonically a bit more filled out, but it doesn't seem Avril Lavigne has aged and grown with grace and is struggling to maintain that bubblegum punk appeal she had so long ago. But then again, any kind of punk music is probably the hardest to age gracefully in.

Also the video had some nice production, but most of the jokes fell kind of flat. And everything after the diner was terrible, forgoing the tank girl sendup to instead being a wannabe meme generator.

#20 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -

This isn't what is passing for rock n roll now is it?

#21 Edited by Sbaitso (563 posts) -

Well, if you insist.

#22 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

The video itself is pretty fun.

But that's not rock and roll, seriously. That brat needs to shut up already.

#23 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2591 posts) -

@tubaker said:

That was kind of alright.

Goddamn it - I think I agree with you.

#24 Edited by TruthTellah (9481 posts) -

I am pleased to announce that indie music star Avril Lavigne will be coming exclusively to the home of indies, Sony PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, for her console debut this Fall.

Bringing together dynamic, innovative indie visuals and confusing, xperia-inspired indie audio, her revolutionary indie videos will rock the charts and touch your indie hearts.

#25 Posted by leebmx (2235 posts) -

@donchipotle said:

Billy Zane and Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years. Why are they there? I don't even know!

because honestly, what else do they have to do? lol

OH SHIT. Is that who that was?....and I don't mean Billy Zane.

#26 Edited by DonChipotle (2852 posts) -

Did she bat away a baby with a tray? Ok.

Avril Lavigne should NEVER act in anything ever again.

It was self defense.

#27 Posted by Avanzato (91 posts) -

Yes I can now see clearly why Rock and Roll died.

#28 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2342 posts) -

I feel it is always important to point out Spotify has Girlfriend in 7 languages

#29 Posted by Pezen (1675 posts) -

That was surprisingly entertaining. And I have to say, in some scenes, she looks an awful lot like Nicole Kidman.

#30 Posted by moffattron9000 (353 posts) -

I feel it is always important to point out Spotify has Girlfriend in 7 languages

And all of them were in the soundtrack for Burnout Dominator

#31 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Her doesn't fit her attitude at all. It's ironic that her song isn't rock n' roll at all. Absolutely disgusting.

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Is it racist if I say this sounds like an auto-tuned nightmare?

#33 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

The November Rain guitar solo moment was pretty funny, mostly thanks to irony.

Man, remember back before Avril's first album debuted and she was just a pretty girl with a great voice and a handful of folksy acoustic demos to her name? Back when it actually seemed like she could be a huge talent?

Who could have known that she'd turn out to be dangerously retarded?

#34 Posted by Juzie (168 posts) -

"Oh my new Sony phone is ringing just let me pause my The Last Of Us game while I plug in my Sony MDR-V6 Headphones and take this call, oh by the way Singstar is freaking awesome and you can sing along to some of my songs on it! (Only on Playstation by the way!)."

#35 Posted by yinstarrunner (1243 posts) -

Well, that video was entertaining. Entertaining enough to allow me to ignore that awfully generic background music they put to it, anyway.

#36 Posted by oraknabo (1514 posts) -

I think it's pretty funny how she used to think she was punk and now she thinks this is rock & roll. Do rap, jazz & classical also sound just like pop music?

#37 Posted by Juzie (168 posts) -

@oraknabo said:

I think it's pretty funny how she used to think she was punk and now she thinks this is rock & roll. Do rap, jazz & classical also sound just like pop music?

Her fanbase are dumb as peanuts and/or teenage girls. She is pretty much whatever she tells them she is.

#38 Posted by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

I would still let Winnie Cooper touch it.

#39 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

Remember when she used to wear ties? She was mad counter culture.

#40 Posted by Sinusoidal (1810 posts) -

Is she lamenting the death of rock and roll or actively trying to cause it?

#41 Posted by mtcantor (951 posts) -

Something something cynical I hate popular things

I thought this was pretty neat.

#42 Posted by DazzHardy (800 posts) -

That was awesome :D

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go play Burnout Paradise for a few hours :D

#43 Edited by FlipperDesert (2106 posts) -

All i can think about is that this is what Criterion has been waiting for to finally make Burnout Paradise 2.

Tonight Alex Ward is going to suddenly sit up out of a deep sleep and yell "IT'S TIME!" at the top of his voice while weeping tears of joy.

#44 Posted by SuperCycle (333 posts) -

That video was pretty hilarious. I've never been a fan of her music, but that was just awesome.

#45 Edited by phuzzybunny (173 posts) -

Damn good video even though the music is just bubblegum bullshit.

#46 Edited by Slag (4899 posts) -

that was video was very internet.

#47 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

WHAT IN THE FUCK DID JUST WATCH?

#48 Posted by cloudnineboya (847 posts) -

Hoi turn it down. So the skater chick still lives on, Used to fancy winnie cooper in the wonder years when i was younger not now though she looks weird .

#49 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

Judging by the contrast between the video and the song playing over it I suspect the director of video is probably more to credit for this madness than Lavigne.

Anyway. Winnie. ♥

#50 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

The bit in the car was kinda funny. Little disappointed the lobster character was so underdeveloped. That's just lazy writing.