The New Devildriver...so?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So the new Devildriver is out. I listened to it and they sound different but in a good way. And its not just Dez, it's everyone. Did everyone else take a listen? What do you think?

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By ManMadeGod

Thanks for posting this, I forgot that it came out. Is it like their last cd? I wasn't a fan of "The Last Kind Words". "The Fury of our Maker's hand" was amazIng.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187
@ManMadeGod: YOU DIDN'T LIKE LAST KIND WORDS?!?!?!  How the FUCK did you not like it?!  LOL  That was an INCREDIBLE album!!!

I didn't even know Devildriver had a new one out.  They always end up surprising me with their releases, as I NEVER know when they come out.  Roadrunner is so bad at promotion.  I'll go take a listen.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Listening to just the first five tracks, there's a bit of difference from their previous efforts.  Still ride that double bass kick like crazy, which is fine.  However, it seems like they are playing more towards writing songs that will sound great in a big arena setting.  I'm looking at songs like "I've Been Sober" and thinking that they are trying to reach some of those Disturbed/hardcore/KsE fans as well.

Personally, it doesn't best the last three, but I like it still.  Devildriver is one of the bands you can always guarantee to release a metal fucking album!