• 60 results
yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By yetiantics

i really dont see what is being typed out here. i see no internet toughguy syndrome or anything. perhaps its because im not too involved in the community and perhaps im real picky on where i post. 

including here. this post caught my interest. Good job!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By zeforgotten

I miss the good ol' days.  
The How To Build A Bomb videos.  
Then anticipation, the need to see this site go up. 
My F5 button broke

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By mike
@Symphony said:
So yeah, judging someone on their post count is a pretty weak argument in my opinion, even if you back that up with "Well I haven't noticed them around the forums, personally." \
I couldn't agree with you more. 

How about the fact that there are hundreds of users who post comments on videos every single day, and those threads don't show up in the forums at all. I guess according to Wolverine, they aren't part of "the community." Or, how about the people who only like to edit articles or write reviews. They listen to the bombcast and watch the videos, but maybe the forums aren't their thing. Are they to be excluded from "the community" as well? It's nonsense.
babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By babblinmule
@MB said:
" @Symphony said:
So yeah, judging someone on their post count is a pretty weak argument in my opinion, even if you back that up with "Well I haven't noticed them around the forums, personally." \
I couldn't agree with you more.   How about the fact that there are hundreds of users who post comments on videos every single day, and those threads don't show up in the forums at all. I guess according to Wolverine, they aren't part of "the community." Or, how about the people who only like to edit articles or write reviews. They listen to the bombcast and watch the videos, but maybe the forums aren't their thing. Are they to be excluded from "the community" as well? It's nonsense. "

Im behind MB 100%. Ive got a pathetic amount of posts, and yet I comment in almost every video that goes up on the site after watching, listen to the bombcast and I read the forums everyday. I just dont post much because I dont usually feel that I have anything important to say that hasnt already been said. I feel as much a part of the community as anyone else.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mike
@babblinmule said:
Im behind MB 100%. Ive got a pathetic amount of posts, and yet I comment in almost every video that goes up on the site after watching, listen to the bombcast and I read the forums everyday. I just dont post much because I dont usually feel that I have anything important to say that hasnt already been said. I feel as much a part of the community as anyone else. "
What some of these elitist-types don't get is that people like you make up the majority of the community. Forum-goers make up a relatively small percentage of the userbase.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Red12b
@MB: 

Yeah exactly, There is what 50'300 users right, About 1% of them are spam accounts, what roughly 15 maybe 20% forum goers then the rest, They make up the community, Just like forum goers,  
Christ this place has exploded today hasn’t it? 

DeepVoiceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By DeepVoiceMan
@Wolverine said:
" @Peter said:
" I remember staying up for the launch of the site and when it first started going it was great. There was a fun community, everything was fantastic. But now for some reason GB has recently become the home for the local internet tough guy, who says what he wants to who ever cause he know he'll never meet them. Now a days everyones a dick to everyone else and it makes me sick to see. The mods should just suspend people for this crap, because its definitely ruin the community. I hate the whole internet toughguy thing, I wish just once I could meet some of you in real life and we can see how tough you really are.  But thats besides the point, what I'm trying to say, well I guess ask, is what the fuck happened to this place. Oh well, I guess most if not all internet forums are to go this way. I guess I just always thought this one, a site built on such a cool story of success and pride, would be different. Oh well... "
Dude you have 178 posts, how can you even consider yourself part of the community.  "
lol this kid is a douche. he says he doesnt like internet tough guys, yet he says "I wish just once I could meet some of you in rel life and we can see how tough you really are."  DOUCHE!!!!
Peter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Peter
@DeepVoiceMan: It was like mad late and I was super tired. That was kinda dumb and came out wrong. Guess I did come off as a douche
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#59  Edited By KowalskiManDown

The forums and community here are in a much healthier state than most of the gaming forums out there.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By KaosAngel

This site was pure awesome the first year and half...strong influx of new users came and things changed.  That's when I started to go on 2channel more often because the new people post pictures of girls of "pretend" to be girls.  I miss the old "SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE USER ABOVE YOU THREAD" and the "RATE THE ABOVE USER'S AVATAR" too.  :(

I still love the mods...but Post-BoG, this place just feels different.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By kmdrkul
@jakob187 said:
@wordsgohere: You'll have a problem with me.  I guarantee it.  It's how everyone starts out with me.  = D  Just ask Arkthemaniac, MB, LordofUltima, and about half of the other regulars around here.  I don't think there's a single person that actually liked me when I first got here...but I do tend to be long-winded, argumentative, opinionated, and generally assholish.  Eventually, though, people realize that I'm just jakob187.  "
It's true... you play, as I remember you yourself saying once, the devils advocate quite often and often times you come off as abrasive and frank.  I respect your opinion because you always back up what you say and actually make an argument for something... not just walk in and drop one-liner trollbait that you occasionally see here.