• 94 results
#51 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Man new pope doesn't know how to turn off caps lock while tweeting. Teach him how to computers, guys!

#52 Posted by Kaiserreich (740 posts) -

Crusade for the Falklands incoming.

#53 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

Crusade for the Falklands incoming.

haha I didn't even think about that.Also he had officially condemned Argentina's gay marriage law as well as being opposed to abortion, so bleh. maybe they'll stop condom shaming?

#54 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@animasta said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@canteu said:

Hopefully it's the pro-abortion, pro-contraception, pro-gay marriage pope this time.

Wouldn't require that the Church stop being the church?

latest polls show North American Catholics support gay marriage at least.

You say that as if ALL Catholics support it.

#55 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -
#56 Posted by Daveyo520 (6995 posts) -

Watch they will bring back Pope Classic after people hate New Pope. They will convert millions!

#57 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

Too bad I can't find a copy of the original broadcast where "The man in the funny white hat" was credited as "The pope" and had a cross on his funny white hat... but still:

#58 Edited by Fattony12000 (7559 posts) -

Video Game Pope.

#59 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

Man new pope doesn't know how to turn off caps lock while tweeting. Teach him how to computers, guys!

Maybe he's just yelling all the time. Dam that would be awesome if the new Pope was just super excited 100% of the time.

#60 Edited by natedawg_kz (236 posts) -

What happens when the pope dies?

Another one popes up

Thank you, very much

#61 Edited by dgtlty (168 posts) -
#62 Posted by natedawg_kz (236 posts) -

@dgtlty: Yeah probably and sorry it was very tempting

#63 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@inkerman said:

@morbid_coffee said:

Maybe he's just yelling all the time. Dam that would be awesome if the new Pope was just super excited 100% of the time.

GOD IS PRETTY COOL Y'ALL

#64 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@animasta said:

@inkerman said:

@morbid_coffee said:

GOD IS PRETTY COOL Y'ALL

His first personal tweet should be "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE"

#65 Edited by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

The winner!

Elected purely because he looked %100 more jolly than the former Darth Ratzinger.

#66 Edited by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -

Meh

#67 Edited by Grelik (161 posts) -

Yay, lets all praise the new captain dink toucher now residing at dink toucher headquarters.

#68 Posted by PolygonSlayer (432 posts) -

Great... from Emperor "cover-up" Palpatine to a freaking war criminal...

#69 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

#70 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: Thats what he said before he dropped the pope mic and walked back into the Vatican. Man it was an awesome ceremony.

#71 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: Thats what he said before he dropped the pope mic and walked back into the Vatican. Man it was an awesome ceremony.

It's pretty fascinating to read it in the various languages of his twitter accounts.

#72 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

#73 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

#74 Posted by Abendlaender (2888 posts) -

Who could have guessed that the new pope will be an old, white male? I'm so shocked!

#75 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

either way he's better than dawkins

#76 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

Who could have guessed that the new pope will be an old, white male? I'm so shocked!

but this one lives south of the equator!

PROGRESS.

also this jerry sandusky pope meme is fucking disgusting, y'all.

#77 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@animasta said:

@abendlaender said:

PROGRESS.

Not as disgusting as the actions of Mr. Sandusky or select members of the Clergy.

#78 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Another tyrant takes the throne.

#79 Posted by jakandsig (4 posts) -

Apparently it's a spanish man. Didn't see that coming.

#81 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@jakandsig: They may speak Spanish, but Argentina is not Spain...

#82 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@canteu said:

Are you trying to tell me that multiple nations can speak the same language? That's just confusing.

#83 Posted by jakandsig (4 posts) -

@canteu said:

Are you trying to tell me that multiple nations can speak the same language? That's just confusing.

I see the points flew over both your heads, what pope has ever had spanish as a native language? Use your brain a second, don't have to be a jerk.

#84 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@canteu said:

I see the points flew over both your heads, what pope has ever had spanish as a native language? Use your brain a second, don't have to be a jerk.

I was actually just making a harmless joke with no ill intent. However, he is Argentinian. He may speak Spanish but he isn't Spanish.

#85 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@animasta said:

@abendlaender said:

PROGRESS.

Not as disgusting as the actions of Mr. Sandusky or select members of the Clergy.

they are using a guy who actually confirmed sexually assaulted kids to make fun of people.

not cool, no matter how terrible the church or sandusky are.

#86 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -
@jakandsig said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@canteu said:

The point where you identified somebody's nationality incorrectly based on the language they speak?

Ok.

Next time say "They've never had a pope whose first language is Spanish before!" to be more accurate...or something, but they probably have, you get the idea.

#87 Edited by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@canteu said:

Rodrigo Borgia?

#88 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@jakandsig said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@canteu said:

Rodrigo Borgia?

Oh shit yeah! How could I forget him? Ol' Daughter Fucker, himself. Man, what a piece of shit Borgia was.

#89 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

I've been reading Rafael Sabatini's The Life of Cesare Borgia, which also deals at length with the life of Rodrigo, and interestingly most of the terrible stuff you hear about the man and his family (including the incest business) seems to originate in either unverifiable and often highly suspect rumours and gossip, or just outright lies. Excellent book, I highly recommend it.

#90 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@icemael said:

@mariachimacabre said:

I've been reading Rafael Sabatini's The Life of Cesare Borgia, which also deals at length with the life of Rodrigo, and interestingly most of the terrible stuff you hear about the man and his family (including the incest business) seems to originate in either unverifiable and often highly suspect rumours and gossip, or just outright lies. Excellent book, I highly recommend it.

Hmmm. I'm gonna Amazon that. Thanks!

#91 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2105 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@canteu said:

Lol, I like how your backtracking comment meant to embarrass your critics is still wrong.

#92 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin said:

@jakandsig said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@canteu said:

Lol, I like how your backtracking comment meant to embarrass your critics is still wrong.

Alexander VI (Rodrigo Borgia) also had an uncle who became Pope Callixtus III. Now if you want, you could ALSO include the Antipope. Three Antipopes (Benedict XIII, Gregory XVII and the Antipope of John Paul II and Benedict XVI, Peter II were all Spanish)

#93 Edited by Intro (1212 posts) -

Just read he calls same-sex marriage "work of the devil."

I'll just leave it at that and say nothing else.

#94 Posted by dudeglove (8270 posts) -

He's of Italian descent and 76 years old. He's not long for this world.

#95 Edited by Stepside (510 posts) -

@jgf said:

My guess: I'll be a fairly old white dude.

You so called that.