• 158 results
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@hunter5024 said:

Getting him involved in the cinematic universe gives me hope that he might be willing to direct one of the movies, but that's really the only part of this news I find exciting. The Town and Gone Baby Gone were awesome, still haven't seen Argo yet. He can be a pretty good actor, he's uneven though, a couple of his performances haven't been so great. The weird part about this news is that I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to tie him down for too many movies. He's already said he's not very interested in super hero movies. I don't see him sticking around as Batman for too long.

I don't think he ever fathomed he would ever be cast as Batman, though, in the context of that quote. As a real life comic book nerd, I can't imagine Affleck just dropping the cowl prematurely and jumping ship. Hell, the fact that it's fucking Batman is probably what coerced him into doing another superhero role in the first place. Batman's kind of a big deal.

"I'm kind of a big deal, guys." - Batman

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@flindip said:

Honestly, I don't see a problem here. He looks like him physically. He is a good enough actor...

This isn't exactly Macbeth. Its fucking batman....

lol right on

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By intro

I feel like regardless of who they chose, the internet would have a huge backlash. They did the same when Ledger was chosen as the Joker. I'll hold out my opinions for the most part until I see the film.

JohnnyAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question now is will they keep that same stupid growl voice when hes wearing the costume.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm on board if they get Thomas Pynchon to write it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really like Ben Affleck and really don't care about Batman, so maybe this will get me into Batman? Who knows.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mikkaq said:

I really like Ben Affleck and really don't care about Batman, so maybe this will get me into Batman? Who knows.

Dude, you should try and watch some of The Animated Series. It has the best Batman and (arguably) the best Joker, with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, respectively. Sure, sure, Heath Ledger, blablabla, I still think Mark Hamill's the best.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not likin' them apples.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By chrissedoff

I've never seen Affleck as a bad actor. Just a solid leading man in search of a good project to work on. He's spent most of his career appearing in crappy movies that would have been stayed crappy without him. Superman Meets Batman (or whatever it will be called) will be no exception to this rule. Zack Snyder doesn't have it in him to make this a good movie anyway. It'll suck as bad as Man of Steel if not worse thanks to the crass pandering that led them to insert Batman into this movie with the Nolan series still so fresh in people's minds.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I know it is apparently heresy to say, but I didn't enjoy any of the new movies. There were bits and pieces of the first couple, but overall I didn't find them very enjoyable movies or takes on Batman. Other than Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul I never cared for any of the way the villains were played either.

So as far as I'm concerned the series can only go up. I just hate this thing where Hollywood seems to like re-booting super heroes series every 5-10 years. I'm sick of seeing origin stories for characters I have already seen a million times.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#161  Edited By dichemstys

I think it's a great choice. Affleck can do serious and he can have fun too. I think they'll probably have more fun with him as Batman than Christian Bale did. Then again, Bale's Batman was humorless.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By jayjonesjunior

No Caption Provided
Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#163  Edited By Svenzon

You know, I used to hate Ben Affleck. Then as the years went by I kinda forgot about him, until he made Gone Baby Gone, which was a pretty damn good movie. I haven't actually seen him act for a long time, but I think he just might pull this off. A lot of people act like Christian Bale was the best thing to ever happen to Batman, especially after this was announced. I'm not sure why. He was okay in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but he was fucking terrible in The Dark Knight Rises. It was pretty evident that he didn't want to do that movie in the first place.