jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jakob187
ZombiePie said:
"You guys are crazy, why don't you go eat some pop rocks or mint flavored Mentos while you're at it?"
Pop Rocks don't do anything, and only the matte-surfaced Mentos work.  =  P  MYTH  BUUUUUSTED!!!

Anyways, so I bring the Giant Bomb sad news.  = * (

So Wednesday, I started working on my chug.  I had been practicing with Amps (since it's what I drink when I wake up), and I got the time down to an average of about 8.5 seconds for a Tall Boy.  I headed over to my parents with the video camera in tow, and chugged 4 or 5 Cokes before turning the camera on.  My lowest time was down to 6.7 seconds.

Then we turned the camera on...
...and it sounded something like this:

EEEHHHHHHHHAARRRRRRRRRAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRTHELK:RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After building up this whole thing about my video being epic, I have no video.  None of my friends have a working camcorder, and I don't have the money to go get mine fixed.  Therefore, my video is "EPIC FAIL" instead.

The plan for my video was simple:

I was going to chug a 12 oz. can of Coca-Cola Classic in less than 8 seconds...
...and then chug his other 11 friends in under a minute.

=  (  Saddest day possible...sorry for the disappointment, guys.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By toowalrus
jakob187 said:
"ZombiePie said:
"You guys are crazy, why don't you go eat some pop rocks or mint flavored Mentos while you're at it?"
Pop Rocks don't do anything, and only the matte-surfaced Mentos work.  =  P  MYTH  BUUUUUSTED!!!

So Wednesday, I started working on my chug.  I had been practicing with Amps (since it's what I drink when I wake up), and I got the time down to an average of about 8.5 seconds for a Tall Boy.  I headed over to my parents with the video camera in tow, and chugged 4 or 5 Cokes before turning the camera on.  My lowest time was down to 6.7 seconds.

EEEHHHHHHHHAARRRRRRRRRAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRTHELK:RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After building up this whole thing about my video being epic, I have no video.  None of my friends have a working camcorder, and I don't have the money to go get mine fixed.  Therefore, my video is "EPIC FAIL" instead.

"
Nice excuse, everyone out there has SOME mode of filming video, however, web cams are like 20 bucks.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jakob187
TooWalrus said:
"jakob187 said:
"ZombiePie said:

=  (  Saddest day possible...sorry for the disappointment, guys."
Nice excuse, everyone out there has SOME mode of filming video, however, web cams are like 20 bucks."
Wanna bum me 20 bucks?  Or a camcorder?  Trust me when I say you cannot believe how bummed I am about not getting to showcase this.  I was hoping for something fun to do, and instead, I got a broken camcorder.  Hell, you think I'm happy about that?!?!?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By Claude

20 bucks, that's a big deal in my neighborhood.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By toowalrus
jakob187 said:
"TooWalrus said: Wanna bum me 20 bucks?  Or a camcorder?"
Lol, you could have came up with something more clever, like, my family is in witness protection and I can't show my face on camera. Or I got mugged my jaw is wired shut, so I can't drink coke. Something interesting, at least.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Gunner
TooWalrus said:
"jakob187 said:
Lol, you could have came up with something more clever, like, my family is in witness protection and I can't show my face on camera. Or I got mugged my jaw is wired shut, so I can't drink coke. Something interesting, at least.
"
Dont be hatin cause a brotha would rather spend 20 bucks on hookers and beer than a stupid camcorder.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jakob187
Gunner said:
"TooWalrus said:
"jakob187 said:
Lol, you could have came up with something more clever, like, my family is in witness protection and I can't show my face on camera. Or I got mugged my jaw is wired shut, so I can't drink coke. Something interesting, at least."
Dont be hatin cause a brotha would rather spend 20 bucks on hookers and beer than a stupid camcorder."
I'd rather spend $20 on a full tank of gas to make sure I can get to work for the week.  =  /

The video will still be coming, just won't be in time for Vinny's video update.  I said the video would happen, and it's GOING to happen.  I just have to find a way to get it done.

Sorry some of us live in the real world, Walrus.  Looks like there's no way I can afford the admission price to this fantasy land of "everyone has a way to record stuff, and webcams are only $20" that you live in.  =  /  More room for you, eh?

It's still going to be the same thing I planned on doing as well:  chug a Coke in less than 8 seconds (and hopefully try to recreate my 6.7 second chug), then down the other 11 in less than 1 minute.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

jakob187 said:
 was going to chug a 12 oz. can of Coca-Cola Classic in less than 8 seconds...

"
That would have been epic my friend, hope to see this done in the future, and I`m not sure you should be chugging all those amp drinks, people die that way : (
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

It's ok Jacob, you'll get'em next time ;)

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gunner
Bucketdeth said:
"jakob187 said:

"
That would have been epic my friend, hope to see this done in the future, and I`m not sure you should be chugging all those amp drinks, people die that way : (
"
I nearly passed out because i drank 5 monsters in 1 hour one time. So fucking buzzed one minute then all of a sudden got really weak and had to sit down.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Red
MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
"I'd do it if it was Root Beer.
"
I actually tried speed drinking root beer. Too much bite.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Claude
Gunner said:
"Bucketdeth said:
"jakob187 said:

"
"
I nearly passed out because i drank 5 monsters in 1 hour one time. So fucking buzzed one minute then all of a sudden got really weak and had to sit down.
"
Gunner needs an intervention.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gunner said:
"Bucketdeth said:
"jakob187 said:

"
"
"
Wow man, your just asking for a heart attack : P
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jakob187
Bucketdeth said:
"jakob187 said:

=  (  Saddest day possible...sorry for the disappointment, guys."
That would have been epic my friend, hope to see this done in the future, and I`m not sure you should be chugging all those amp drinks, people die that way : ("
ORLY?  Bucket, I'm pretty sure the 2 packs a day that I smoke and my shitty eating habits will do me in faster.  Kind of hinging on it!  lol
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Gunner
Claude said:
"Gunner said:
"Bucketdeth said:
"jakob187 said:

"
"
"
Gunner needs an intervention.
"
It was on a bet, I couldnt have just been like "no".

I dont have a problem i swear :/
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jakob187

Updated the OP with Player1 chugging a Sunkist and Bucketdeth chugging a Mountain Dew.

KEEP EM COMING!!!
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By toowalrus
jakob187 said:
Sorry some of us live in the real world, Walrus.  Looks like there's no way I can afford the admission price to this fantasy land of "everyone has a way to record stuff, and webcams are only $20" that you live in.  =  /  More room for you, eh?
Yeah yeah, I work part time for minimum wage, I know all about spending money on stupid shit. Though if there was something I really thought was going to be "epic" and wanted the entire GB community to see, I'd use a little of my cigarette money for a cheap camera. Are smokes free in your fantasy land? If so, I need to move there.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Gunner
TooWalrus said:
"jakob187 said:
Yeah yeah, I work part time for minimum wage, I know all about spending money on stupid shit. Though if there was something I really thought was going to be "epic" and wanted the entire GB community to see, I'd use a little of my cigarette money for a cheap camera. Are smokes free in your fantasy land? If so, I need to move there.
"
Jesus, what bit you in the ass?

You would think that all these people who have actually camera's would be able to get coke too, i dont see you bitching at them.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jakob187
TooWalrus said:
"jakob187 said:
Yeah yeah, I work part time for minimum wage, I know all about spending money on stupid shit. Though if there was something I really thought was going to be "epic" and wanted the entire GB community to see, I'd use a little of my cigarette money for a cheap camera. Are smokes free in your fantasy land? If so, I need to move there."
LOL  If smokes were free, I'd smoke more than 2 packs a day!!!  The only thing that keeps me from going beyond that is the fact that I DO have to work.  lol

And sir...cigarette money goes to cigarettes, not other stuff.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By toowalrus
Gunner said:
Jesus, what bit you in the ass?! Describe for us your fantasy land, maybe we'll all move there, where arguing with someone on the internet actually gets something accomplished. That sounds fun! Not as fun as lesbian-land, but close.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#71  Edited By Dalai

My lack of a webcam and an on-again, off-again illness has forced me to skip this chapter in Giant Bomb history.  I'm sure I can rapidly chug a Coke if in good health and I'll attempt it sometime, but you guys won't ever see it.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Gunner
TooWalrus said:
"Gunner said:
Jesus, what bit you in the ass?! Describe for us your fantasy land, maybe we'll all move there, where arguing with someone on the internet actually gets something accomplished. That sounds fun! Not as fun as lesbian-land, but close.
"
wow, dont attack me. I was simply making an observation.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jakob187
Gunner said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Gunner said:
Jesus, what bit you in the ass?! Describe for us your fantasy land, maybe we'll all move there, where arguing with someone on the internet actually gets something accomplished. That sounds fun! Not as fun as lesbian-land, but close."
wow, dont attack me. I was simply making an observation. "
I hate to say it, but Gunner is kind of right.  I know I built my video up, and this time, I planned on delivering.  Unfortunately, my camcorder didn't seem to believe I should do it.  I'm STILL going to do my video, regardless...so don't worry about that.  It's not like this is NEVER going to happen.  It simply isn't happening when I would LIKE it to happen.

So is the way of life.

However, Gunner brings up a very good observation.  You are complaining because my $200 camcorder is no longer in working condition, so I can't get the video...yet people can afford a camcorder and CAN'T get a 12 oz. can of Coca-Cola Classic?  I mean, kudos to Player1 and Bucketdeth and everyone else that are chugging away.  It's totally rad, I dig it, and whatever...I'm in it for fun more than anything.  However, the question and challenge is for Coca-Cola.

So...how about everyone stops the stupid attacks and...HEY...ENJOY SOME COKE CHUGGING?
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"Gunner said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Gunner said:
Jesus, what bit you in the ass?! Describe for us your fantasy land, maybe we'll all move there, where arguing with someone on the internet actually gets something accomplished. That sounds fun! Not as fun as lesbian-land, but close."
wow, dont attack me. I was simply making an observation. "
I hate to say it, but Gunner is kind of right.  I know I built my video up, and this time, I planned on delivering.  Unfortunately, my camcorder didn't seem to believe I should do it.  I'm STILL going to do my video, regardless...so don't worry about that.  It's not like this is NEVER going to happen.  It simply isn't happening when I would LIKE it to happen.

So is the way of life.

However, Gunner brings up a very good observation.  You are complaining because my $200 camcorder is no longer in working condition, so I can't get the video...yet people can afford a camcorder and CAN'T get a 12 oz. can of Coca-Cola Classic?  I mean, kudos to Player1 and Bucketdeth and everyone else that are chugging away.  It's totally rad, I dig it, and whatever...I'm in it for fun more than anything.  However, the question and challenge is for Coca-Cola.

So...how about everyone stops the stupid attacks and...HEY...ENJOY SOME COKE CHUGGING?
"
Yay! can we all hug and make up now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187 said:
 I mean, kudos to Player1 and Bucketdeth and everyone else that are chugging away.  It's totally rad, I dig it, and whatever...I'm in it for fun more than anything.  However, the question and challenge is for Coca-Cola.

"
Oh come on : P
Mountain Dew is pretty much the same thing with a different taste : )

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jakob187

Making up is the best part, because the sex is EXCELLENT.  =  P

I mean...

<.<
>.>

What?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Claude

I feel better. Still wish I had a camera, because I would do Dr. Pepper.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"Making up is the best part, because the sex is EXCELLENT.  =  P

I mean...

<.<
>.>

What?
"
I dont know, lets do something manly.

*crushes coke can on forehead*
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jakob187
Claude said:
"I feel better. Still wish I had a camera, because I would do Dr. Pepper."
I would pay money to see that + the can-crush-to-forehead thing.

I know I'ma do the can-crush-to forehead thing for mine...on EVERY can!!!  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!