Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/tour

The shit is fucked up tour is finally upon us! I'll be getting tickets as soon as they go on sale. It's really too bad that they aren't doing the whole tour with The Dropkick Murphy's because a show with those two, in Boston no less, would be simply amazing in my opinion.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

The new album was, aside from two songs, a MASSIVE disappointment.

Bob Rock sure knows how to fuck bands up, doesn't he?

(although I still like Metallica's Load)
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"The new album was, aside from two songs, a MASSIVE disappointment.

"
boooo on you. I thought their album was fantastic. One one or two songs were shit and ironically, they were the only slower paced songs on the album.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Pretty Fly is still fun as hell in Rock Band.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

jakob187 said:

"

I had no idea Bob Rock worked on RFRG.....I guess you learn something new every day.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By gingertastic_10

i really dont like their new stuff..their old stuff is epic

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The singer nowadays sounds like such a tool to me.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:

(although I still like Metallica's Load)"
boooo on you. I thought their album was fantastic. One one or two songs were shit and ironically, they were the only slower paced songs on the album. "
You've gotta be insane!!!

Compared to any of their previous work, RFRG is fucking wretched!!!  Way too much crap on there that is so un-Offspring.

Even with Conspiracy, they were able to hold onto what made them The Offspring.  Not even an amazing punk drummer like Josh Freese was able to save RFRG from total mediocrity and sucktacularness!!!  AND HE WAS WHAT MADE SPLINTER SO FUCKING SWEET!!!

I don't know, maybe it's all just personal taste.  I don't like my Offspring turning into disco horseshit.  I didn't mind when they were still putting some damn fine "nitro punk" on albums like Americana and Conspiracy while still appeasing the masses with "Pretty Fly" and "Why Don't You Get A Job"...or even "Hit That".  However, "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" is just pushing it past the limit!

The Offspring resides in tracks like "No Brakes" or "Killboy Powerhead" or "The Noose".  Nowhere on RFRG did I EVER feel like that except on "Hammerhead" and PARTIALLY in "Half-Truism".
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:

(although I still like Metallica's Load)"
boooo on you. I thought their album was fantastic. One one or two songs were shit and ironically, they were the only slower paced songs on the album. "
You've gotta be insane!!!

Compared to any of their previous work, RFRG is fucking wretched!!!  Way too much crap on there that is so un-Offspring.

Even with Conspiracy, they were able to hold onto what made them The Offspring.  Not even an amazing punk drummer like Josh Freese was able to save RFRG from total mediocrity and sucktacularness!!!  AND HE WAS WHAT MADE SPLINTER SO FUCKING SWEET!!!

I don't know, maybe it's all just personal taste.  I don't like my Offspring turning into disco horseshit.  I didn't mind when they were still putting some damn fine "nitro punk" on albums like Americana and Conspiracy while still appeasing the masses with "Pretty Fly" and "Why Don't You Get A Job"...or even "Hit That".  However, "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" is just pushing it past the limit!

The Offspring resides in tracks like "No Brakes" or "Killboy Powerhead" or "The Noose".  Nowhere on RFRG did I EVER feel like that except on "Hammerhead" and PARTIALLY in "Half-Truism".
"
You gotta expand your idea of punk, sure maybe the entire album isnt punk as fuck but they are trying to bring more people to the genre, yeah your gunna go far kid isnt what i would call a good punk song but its catchy and has a good beat to it which will appeal to the masses. But you cant make me listen to songs like "Half-Truism", "Takes Me Nowere" or "Rise And Fall" and tell me that they arnt good punk songs.

Now i agree that their older stuff is waaay better but the same thing can be said about pretty much every punk band that formed in the late 80's-early 90's. For modern punk i thought that it was a pretty good album.

you sir need to research punk rock some more, The Offspring is one of the few non-elitist or non pop-punk bands still trying to keep punk alive.