• 82 results
#1 Edited by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Up until the big change, Giant Bomb used to be real keen on interns. But with there current situation they have been unable to have some, some of the old intersn were quite popular and had many coo series. Well Big Ben and Nick set up there own You-Tube channel, they have started to play the Meta game again and a few other video game videos. In there most recent video a wild Matt appeared.

So for those looking for some Matt Kessler they can get there fix here.

#2 Posted by Daiphyer (1308 posts) -

Other than Kessler, I never really liked any of the other interns.

#3 Posted by GalacticPunt (1023 posts) -

More power to Nick and Big Ben, but these weren't the ex-interns I was looking for. Kessler and Lemon had a fantastic thing going with Fear Gauntlet, it's perfect timing to bring that back. They should team back up and conquer the world of Youtube video-game videos!

Again, best of luck to Nick and Ben, the "Gameburglers", but what I saw on their channel isn't converting me.

#4 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

Lemon was cool. I assume he still is.

#5 Posted by Daiphyer (1308 posts) -

@TheHT: Lemon was cool when he was paired with Kessler. And they were all pretty decent with their jobs as interns. I just feel like except Kessler, none of them have that personality that would make me want to watch their videos.

#6 Posted by Sbaitso (502 posts) -

This is cool, the interns had some pretty good series. Lemon Lens in particular was very interesting. The behind the scenes BLLSL stuff was really neat.

@Hizang:You should really proofread your topic title before posting it.

#7 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

HELL YEAH INTERNS.

WOO.

#8 Posted by DeeGee (2113 posts) -

I could not care less about Nick and especially can't stand Ben.

Now you tell me you got some Kessler videos, then I'm in.

#9 Posted by Szlifier (479 posts) -

How about interns' own Endurance Run?

#10 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

@GalacticPunt: Totally agree about Fear Gauntlet. It was really great. Probably my favorite thing on the site for a while.

#11 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I miss the Fear Gauntlet.

#12 Posted by Bad_Soup (10 posts) -

Still holding out for part 2 of the condemned 2 fear gauntlet.

If only.

#13 Posted by Marmaladebrat (298 posts) -

I liked all the interns. I'm glad they are all still making an attempt in the biz. CBS Interactive/Gamespot/GiantBomb should hire them.

#14 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Me too :(

#15 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (730 posts) -

The Kessler/Lemon arc reached its peak with Betting the Farmville, when Lemon started sabotaging Kessler's efforts.

#16 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Marmaladebrat said:

I liked all the interns. I'm glad they are all still making an attempt in the biz. CBS Interactive/Gamespot/GiantBomb should hire them.

Didn't they all go to school for journalism of some variety? It would make sense they're still trying to do stuff.

@dekkadekkadekka said:

The Kessler/Lemon arc reached its peak with Betting the Farmville, when Lemon started sabotaging Kessler's efforts.

Oh, god. I forgot that was a thing.

#17 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

Pretty sure matt looks like he's lost weight, If so good for him.

#18 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

I imagine it is pretty hard being an intern at Giant Bomb. Not so much the staff picking on you, but the whole user base of Giant Bomb judging you. I think any one who lived through that is OK in my book.

#19 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Lemon and Kessler forever.

#20 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

BRING BACK THE SPOOK LOOKS

#21 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Internal Affairs 2?

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I still remember when everybody was hatin' on Kessler but the Fear Gauntlet specifically the Condemned Walktrough was pretty awesome more people should watch that.

#23 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1087 posts) -

I need closure on the Farmville duel.

#24 Posted by Pazy (2561 posts) -

I liked the interns, though Kessler will always be Kingtern, and im liking what I see on the channel. Though I had forgotten about the Max Scoville link, I love the comedy button, so Im looking forward to where they can take this.

Though if Kessler starts his own channel I will subscribe to that too.

#25 Posted by csl316 (8122 posts) -

Bad ass, #TeamBen

#26 Posted by DoctorDr (17 posts) -

I miss the interns, I feel bad for any new interns gb might get in the future. They set a really high bar of being awesome.

#27 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Fear Gauntlet was better than any of the actual website content when those 2 dudes made it.

#28 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -
@Vexxan

@Napalm said:

Me too :(

Me three!
#29 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Fear Gauntlet was masterful and very entertaining. I miss it. All the interns were pretty cool, glad to hear that they're still going at it!

#30 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

I only want Kessler. :(

#31 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Why did they have to ditch all the interns?

#32 Posted by EpicSteve (6471 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

Yeah, those guys were complete asses. Especially Kessler.

#33 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -

@McGhee said:

They needed more money for hookers and booze.

#34 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (329 posts) -

I thought all of the interns were pretty cool in their own way. I look forward to seeing more.

#35 Edited by MechaKirby (187 posts) -

interns is mostly a Summer thing. I asked Jeff on Twitter back in like August about the internship program and he said they haven't started thinking that far ahead. But he didn't say it was dead.

Anyways, I never minded Kessler. I was Kessler neutral. Ben, Nick, Perry, both Steves, they all seemed pretty cool though. Am I forgetting one?

Also, is there like a list or archive somewhere with all the intern content from last year?

EDIT: Daniel was the other one, I liked him a lot

#36 Posted by ZombiePie (5585 posts) -

@N7 said:

@McGhee said:

They needed more money for hookers and booze.

It's somewhat odd but Jeff has stated on Jar Time and other videos that he considers the intern project during the Whiskey Media days to be a failure as he and other members of the staff did a poor job of actually mentoring and teaching the interns real practical work skills. Except maybe what kind of sandwich he likes.

That and CBSi has its own, comprehensive, intern system that anyone here is welcomed to apply for.

#37 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

@Scooper said:

Fear Gauntlet was better than any of the actual website content when those 2 dudes made it.

AGREED.

Bodega, procure Internet Steve and make more.

#38 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

@Napalm: I'm reasonably certain Lemon's degree was in History. He's got a job at a game company these days, though I'm not sure if I should say any more than that.

#39 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

I like to think lemon is still making question of the week submissions on the side.

#40 Posted by liako21 (519 posts) -

he broke into that house to make the vid.

#41 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

@GalacticPunt: Totally agree about Fear Gauntlet. It was really great. Probably my favorite thing on the site for a while.

@Bad_Soup said:

Still holding out for part 2 of the condemned 2 fear gauntlet.

If only.

One day I hope this happens. one day.

#42 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

Just hire and already. C'mon Executive Editor

#43 Posted by wjb (1638 posts) -

@TheHT said:

@Daiphyer said:

Lemon was cool. I assume he still is.

Haha. Naw, man, his coolness has been RE-VOKED.

I don't have a strong opinion of the interns; I never watched any of their videos because interns.

Well, that's not true. I did watch the in-office videos so there's that, I GUESS.

#44 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I like those fellows.

#45 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Man watching the Metagame reminds me how I love how deep they get when talking about games but also how annoying differences in opinion can be. I find my self going, "NO, thats not the game you should be talking about."

#46 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

I still haven't seen a single video they put out while they were in the office. Good for them, though. I get to them eventually. Probably.

#47 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

@DrDarkStryfe said:

I need closure on the Farmville duel.

The conclusion to the Farmville duel was that it was boring as heck.

#48 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

Kessler is like Ryan Jr. Mini Ryan if you will.

#49 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

So what was the deal with Kessler? Was he still technically just an "intern" despite writing reviews for the site and hosting Quick Looks?

#50 Posted by ajamafalous (11851 posts) -

I like most (all?) of the interns (especially Bodega, once he came into his own). 

Except for fucking FarmVille.