• 137 results
#1 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

Update: In a funny turn of events, there turns out to be two weddings this month. Meaning I'll probably be seeing her the day after tomorrow as well as later on in the month. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. More than one chance?!

Melt in a metaphorical sense.

I really really like this person. Help me Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line. A close friend of mine suggested just acting like a dude from the movies. One of the characters he mentioned was familiar to me. The dude Ryan Gosling played in Crazy Stupid Love. He says that's all he does when he tries to get girls..act. I don't know though. I don't know how close she'll be to me. Whether it's a table away. Whether it's at the same table. Whether she'll feel like saying something to me. Whether some other people I know and am more comfortable speaking to will lead to me speaking with her. What are your suggestions?

I think it would not be in the spirit of these threads if I did a pre-emptive Ryan GBXGAL .jpg, so I'll leave that up to you guys.

Note: We used to hang out a bit when we were very young kids. I think maybe I was mean to her sometimes. WHY COOTIES?!?! WHY? But I think we had some laughs too. We haven't spoken to each other since then. The only form of communication was me commenting on one of her status' (this was actually a genuine comment, since what she posted was kind of crazy to me) and a "like" from her. Yeah I know,..."Where's your confidence?" Or at least, that's the nice version of what you're thinking.

#2 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

Fuck Ryan Goslin, be The Doctor.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9518 posts) -

At the reception ask her if she'd like to dance with you. Don't have a line, just make eye contact and do it. If she says yes, then dance. If not, just lower your standards. Or start drinking.

#4 Posted by Milkman (16481 posts) -

Pack your bags and move away.

#5 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@Aegon said:

Melt in a metaphorical sense.

I really really like this person. Help me Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line. A close friend of mine suggested just acting like a dude from the movies. One of the characters he mentioned was familiar to me. The dude Ryan Gosling played in Crazy Stupid Love. He says that's all he does when he tries to get girls..act. I don't know though. I don't know how close she'll be to me. Whether it's a table away. Whether it's at the same table. Whether she'll feel like saying something to me. Whether some other people I know and am more comfortable speaking to will lead to me speaking with her. What are your suggestions?

I think it would not be in the spirit of these threads if I did a pre-emptive Ryan GBXGAL .jpg, so I'll leave that up to you guys.

Note: We used to hang out a bit when we were very young kids. I think maybe I was mean to her sometimes. WHY COOTIES?!?! WHY? But I think we had some laughs too. We haven't spoken to each other since then. The only form of communication was me commenting on one of her status' (this was actually a genuine comment, since what she posted was kind of crazy to me) and a "like" from her. Yeah I know,..."Where's your confidence?" Or at least, that's the nice version of what you're thinking.

the past meanness works in your favour. she'll be doing all she can to gain your adult acceptance after being brutalized by you as a child. and a "like" is gold. you're in!

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Oh ya!

#7 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@killacam: I like your positive attitude, haha.

#8 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -
and cast a couple of spells on her
#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Just be yourself and go talk to her. Confidence is key!

#10 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (674 posts) -

Find out if she has a boyfriend/husband first before you get your expectations too high.

#11 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@SexyToad: Damn! I was going to post that. YOU ARE NOW MY ENEMY MISTER SEXY TOAD!
#12 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

@supamon said:

and cast a couple of spells on her

Voice of the Emperor would be my biggest suggestion.

#13 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@AcidBrandon18 said:

Find out if she has a boyfriend/husband first before you get your expectations too high.

She does not! To my knowledge she's never had a boyfriend.

#14 Posted by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

@SexyToad: Dammit...

Anywho just be yourself. not very helpful advice, I know but its the best I got.

#15 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Man the fuck up, walk over to her and ask her to dance or whatever.

Confidence > all.

#16 Posted by wjb (1620 posts) -

Deep down, wasn't Ryan Gosling really just a sad and depressed guy that hung out at the same shitty club every night before he met Emma Stone?

Anyway, ask her to marry you and upstage the entire wedding and have an impromptu service of your own. Chicks love spontaneity and adventure.

#17 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

Step 1: Get really drunk. If done properly, you won't need a Step 2, because Step 1 will be taking care of that for you.

Just go with the flow man. Don't try to be someone else: if you do that and she digs that, remember that she's not into you, she's into your alter ego. I believe in you!

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5506 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

At the reception ask her if she'd like to dance with you. Don't have a line, just make eye contact and do it. If she says yes, then dance.

This is the correct answer bro. Trust us!

#19 Posted by Dalai (6978 posts) -

Alright, I'll be the first to say it.

Touch her shoulder.

#20 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@wjb said:

Deep down, wasn't Ryan Gosling really just a sad and depressed guy that hung out at the same shitty club every night before he met Emma Stone?

Anyway, ask her to marry you and upstage the entire wedding and have an impromptu service of your own. Chicks love spontaneity and adventure.

A wedding inside a wedding...

@Dalai said:

Alright, I'll be the first to say it.

Touch her shoulder.

Now all we need to complete the trifecta

#21 Edited by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

Let's just cut to the chase here:

#22 Edited by LikeaSsur (1487 posts) -

Go up to her at an appropriate time and say "Hey, it's been a while. Having fun?"

The rest is up to you, and yes, it really is that easy. You do not have to plan out entire conversations in your head, because there is another person involved, she will fill in the times that you aren't talking.

#23 Posted by GnomeonFire (694 posts) -

You're going to want to bring some ice.

#24 Edited by mandude (2667 posts) -

Try punching her in the face.

If this sounds like a bad idea, the congratulations; you're probably well enough adjusted to the point that any advice we have for you here is useless.

#25 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Fuck Ryan Goslin, be The Doctor.

That

Also Just go talk to her/ ask her to dance.. Or don't, you know it's your decision

#26 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Everyone else giving the dance advice is correct. Also, always trust .

Anyone have an HD version of "Your Highness" on their computers, perchance? I was watching the movie at school with a fellow Bomber, and there's totally a part where someone comforts Danny McBride by slapping him on the shoulder with a big old minotaur penis. If anyone can make a short YouTube clip of that, not only will I be eternally grateful, but I'll be happy to post it in every one of these threads from now on.

#27 Posted by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

Buy fifty shades of grey and then film you reading it and then tell her to watch it... It will enable her to understand how in to bondage you are.

#28 Posted by ch3burashka (4991 posts) -

Remember to masturbate discreetly.

#29 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Just talk to her, seriously.

I think it's great when people take the initiative to talk to someone that makes them nervous. I mean just look at it this way, what is going to be better? Awkward eye contact and starting at her throughout the day possibly making her not want to bump into you in a dark alley, or, catching eye contact and smiling and judging the situation right by either walking over then and saying "Hi, didn't we used to hang out blah blah" or waiting until a bit later to do it.

But really, just say hi. That's all it is, saying hi. If a conversation comes from that, awesome. If not, I'd follow @supamon: suggestion!

#30 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@Djnuttty said:

Buy fifty shades of grey and then film you reading it and then tell her to watch it... It will enable her to understand how in to bondage you are.

You know what....you just opened a wound. Her friends sent her some links to casting information or rumours for the movie adaptation. I was horrified. Hopefully I can talk some sense into her if we do get something going between us.

#31 Posted by GnomeonFire (694 posts) -

What you need are some grade A duder pick up lines.

#32 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4673 posts) -

Don't put on a facade.

#33 Posted by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

@Aegon: Hmmm... What would be your reason against her not audtioning for a movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey? Just curious... Is it because you don't want to see her sexualized for other peoples pleasure?

Also, on a serious note... Just have confidence and talk the shit out of her at the wedding. Be yourself. The usual crap I guess. GOOD LUCK!

#34 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@Djnuttty said:

@Aegon: Hmmm... What would be your reason against her not audtioning for a movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey? Just curious... Is it because you don't want to see her sexualized for other peoples pleasure?

Also, on a serious note... Just have confidence and talk the shit out of her at the wedding. Be yourself. The usual crap I guess. GOOD LUCK!

Dude how did you get from that that she wanted to be in the movie. It's casting info...as in which actors got what part.

Edit: and thanks for the advice, lol.

#35 Posted by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

@Aegon: Crap, I misunderstood :P

The main point here is thet Fifty Shades of Grey sucks.

#36 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Cuff her and throw her in the trunk of your car.

#37 Posted by yoshisaur (2606 posts) -

If you really like her, act like a normal human being who is interested in another human-being. There is nothing more "sexy" (as some say) than a man's confidence and she will see that if you just act yourself. I mean, you have to have some form of meaning behind your "melting" for her: Just use that fuel and unless she's retarded, she'll see it and be flattered.

#38 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

@Aegon said:

@Djnuttty said:

You know what....you just opened a wound. Her friends sent her some links to casting information or rumours for the movie adaptation. I was horrified. Hopefully I can talk some sense into her if we do get something going between us.

One game at a time my friend.

#39 Posted by LikeaSsur (1487 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

If you really like her, act like a normal human being who is interested in another human-being. There is nothing more "sexy" (as some say) than a man's confidence and she will see that if you just act yourself. I mean, you have to have some form of meaning behind your "melting" for her: Just use that fuel and unless she's retarded, she'll see it and be flattered.

I like this. Be yourself. If you reply with "But how can I be myself and confident when I'm not!" Well, get confident, you have time.

#40 Posted by Brendan (7664 posts) -

Sorry, it's probably not gonna happen. By the words "I melt over her" you clearly have no confidence, as in you emotions are at the other person's mercy. You don't know what to say (you're stressing over specific points in time) you're looking for lines (you have no idea how to act) and you're all around over thinking it.

You will not be attractive to people when you are a slave to them (metaphorically speaking).

#41 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Oh ya!

#42 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@Brendan said:

Sorry, it's probably not gonna happen. By the words "I melt over her" you clearly have no confidence, as in you emotions are at the other person's mercy. You don't know what to say (you're stressing over specific points in time) you're looking for lines (you have no idea how to act) and you're all around over thinking it.

You will not be attractive to people when you are a slave to them (metaphorically speaking).

I still have ~20 days to get it together.

Maybe I need to listen to...

#43 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Wish I could give helpful advice but I suck.

#44 Posted by Renahzor (983 posts) -

@Aegon: Simple, really. Its a wedding reception, so... have a drink, when you get time go talk to her, catch up a bit, if you feel like it ask for a dance. Don't overthink it!

#45 Posted by Brendan (7664 posts) -

@Aegon: Lol you got a laugh out of me. Just in case I sounded a little harsh, I'm not trying to belittle you in any way. You sound like the way I thought back in high school, when I struggled talking to the other sex. It never happened when that was my general mindset.

#46 Posted by AgnosticJesus (539 posts) -

It's a wedding, all unattached women are jealous to a certain degree of the bride and thus looking to hook up. Make a move at the reception. If she's been drinking you might get to bang her. Also, in the future never refer to a girl you like as the person who makes you "melt". Makes you sound like an effeminate pansy.

#47 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Go up to her and say "Hey, I wanna go balls deep in them sugar walls you got there."

If that doesn't work, chloroform will. It always does.

#48 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Touch her leg. Touch the fuck out of it.

#49 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

I would literally melt if I saw someone that looks like Aaliyah.  Unfortunately I wouldnt be able to talk to her because at that point, I would be human goo.  

#50 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@AgnosticJesus said:

It's a wedding, all unattached women are jealous to a certain degree of the bride and thus looking to hook up. Make a move at the reception. If she's been drinking you might get to bang her. Also, in the future never refer to a girl you like as the person who makes you "melt". Makes you sound like an effeminate pansy.

I don't care if I sound like that to you. I obviously wouldn't go up and say that to her.