• 137 results
#51 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

My advice is to post this stuff in off-topic, and not in the general games discussion board.

#52 Posted by Hunkulese (2642 posts) -
@Aegon Are you made out of cheese?
#53 Posted by AgnosticJesus (542 posts) -

Weddings are the best place to hook up. At my brother's wedding the maid of honor gave me head at the reception. She wouldn't even look at me in the face the next day but it was sweet anyway. Although she did have my sister-in-law try to get me to pay to have her dress dry cleaned, I refused.

#54 Posted by konig_kei (597 posts) -

Ask her what she's been doing all these years and that you haven't seen each other in forever, she probably won't shut up and you're half way there.

#55 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

ask her to dance with you and then ask for number.... this is like perfect oppurtunity time dont waste it.

#56 Posted by Patchcoat (132 posts) -

@Aegon: I'm not sure why everyone is giving you shit about the word "melt." That word seems rather legit to me...

Just memorize the song and you'll do just fine.

#57 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
#58 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -
#59 Posted by Willza92 (259 posts) -

"Walk like a God and your Goddess will come to you" - Daniel Beaty, Knock Knock

#60 Posted by ajamafalous (11849 posts) -

Picking up girls is all about confidence. Once you conquer the fear of rejection you're golden.

#61 Posted by Sweep (8817 posts) -

Fake your own death. There. Happy?

I don't know what would piss people off more, if I locked this thread or left it open. Maybe I will flip a coin...

Moderator Online
#62 Posted by mrfizzy (1519 posts) -
#63 Posted by CJduke (782 posts) -

Just ask her to dance, the worst thing that can happen is she says no. Nothing to be afraid of

#64 Posted by Dalai (6997 posts) -

@Sweep said:

I don't know what would piss people off more, if I locked this thread or left it open. Maybe I will flip a coin...

Or you can sticky it and take this thread down a horrible path.

#65 Edited by Aegon (5403 posts) -

Should I ask her on facebook something like, ""Hey are you coming to the wedding?"

I'm nearly 100% sure she's coming, but maybe I'll get a bit of confidence that way.

@Sweep said:

Some of us need to get psyched up and cheered on before we take on a behemothian task like this, unlike total studs such as yourself.

#66 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Learn the Dirty Dancing Dance, request the wedding DJ to play it. Get up, point at her and over the cheers and tears of the crowd, proceed to carry her to the nearest bed. 

(It's linked to the specific time)

#67 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (371 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Pack your bags and move away.

You're my favourite brother....

#68 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Touch her shoulder, fake your own death.

Seriously, though. Talk to her, don't be a fucking pussy, cause you might just end up regretting it.

#69 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

@Aegon said:

@AcidBrandon18 said:

Find out if she has a boyfriend/husband first before you get your expectations too high.

She does not! To my knowledge she's never had a boyfriend.

...How old are you two? Not to be ageist about it, but you two sound real young.

My advice is just relax and be yourself. If you try to act like someone you're not, it'll either freak her out (very likely), or she'll like you for something you're not.

#70 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

lighten up sweepy boo.

always follow up with a phone call.

#71 Edited by Aegon (5403 posts) -

@Ariketh said:

@Aegon said:

@AcidBrandon18 said:

Find out if she has a boyfriend/husband first before you get your expectations too high.

She does not! To my knowledge she's never had a boyfriend.

...How old are you two? Not to be ageist about it, but you two sound real young.

My advice is just relax and be yourself. If you try to act like someone you're not, it'll either freak her out (very likely), or she'll like you for something you're not.

I'm 21, she's probably 19 or something...wait, maybe even 18.

#72 Posted by Spoonman671 (4560 posts) -

Weddings are for young, single people to get together and fuck each other.  You'll do okay.

#73 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@Spoonman671: Also, to test the limits of one's ability to consume alcohol. And if you play your cards right, these can work together.

#74 Posted by FearMyFlop (100 posts) -

I know it's much harder than saying it, but JUST GO FOR IT. Being self-aware of yourself is attractive to women. If you're awkward or in the least bit goofy just play on it. Also making them feel important is the real key to score a real woman. Acting like an ass is for the birds (aka whores/floozies/easy women)

#75 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -

I just messaged her on facebook....

#76 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3745 posts) -

@Aegon said:

Melt in a metaphorical sense.

I really really like this person. Help me Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line. A close friend of mine suggested just acting like a dude from the movies. One of the characters he mentioned was familiar to me. The dude Ryan Gosling played in Crazy Stupid Love. He says that's all he does when he tries to get girls..act. I don't know though. I don't know how close she'll be to me. Whether it's a table away. Whether it's at the same table. Whether she'll feel like saying something to me. Whether some other people I know and am more comfortable speaking to will lead to me speaking with her. What are your suggestions?

I think it would not be in the spirit of these threads if I did a pre-emptive Ryan GBXGAL .jpg, so I'll leave that up to you guys.

Note: We used to hang out a bit when we were very young kids. I think maybe I was mean to her sometimes. WHY COOTIES?!?! WHY? But I think we had some laughs too. We haven't spoken to each other since then. The only form of communication was me commenting on one of her status' (this was actually a genuine comment, since what she posted was kind of crazy to me) and a "like" from her. Yeah I know,..."Where's your confidence?" Or at least, that's the nice version of what you're thinking.

If you haven't spoken to each other since you were little kids, then you don't even know her anymore. People change. You're just in love with the idea of her; with your memories (and her looks, I assume). You're already in a losing situation because you're coming at this from a fawning position over your idealized memories of her. There's no way to win, because of that. Also, without knowing her or you, there's no way anyone can give you meaningful advice on how to woo her, because women aren't some puzzle to solve. They aren't all the same. There is no guaranteed method or rules (aside from being confident in yourself). Each one wants and needs different things from the men in their lives.

Sorry to break it down like that, but them's the breaks.

Basically, try to establish a connection with her, just start up a conversation. Let things go where they will from there, but trying or forcing a relationship or a hook-up into the equation without even seeing what she's like anymore is a fool's errand, unless you're just naturally sexy and charming and irresistable (in which case, no offense, you wouldn't be asking Giant Bomb users for advice).

#77 Edited by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

@GnomeonFire said:

What you need are some grade A duder pick up lines.

Mine is "You's got boobs. Let me touch them." In this case, since they knew one another at a young age you could modify it to "You's got boobs now. Let me touch them."

#78 Edited by Aegon (5403 posts) -

@Wrighteous86: No offense taken. No idea what she thinks of me in terms of looks, obviously, but I've seen some pretty good looking duders and dudettes with confidence issues.

#79 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

@Aegon said:

I just messaged her on facebook....

No response or what?

#80 Edited by Aegon (5403 posts) -

@Redbullet685: Well it says she's offline, but she usually just uses her cell for facebook. Maybe I should send a regular message instead of an instant one. Is that even a thing on facebook anymore?

If she messages me back, then I guess I can post here to inform of the uh...success?

#81 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

@Aegon said:

@Redbullet685: Well it says she's offline, but she usually just uses her cell for facebook. Maybe I should send a regular message instead of an instant one. Is that even a thing on facebook anymore?

Just get close to her and whisper to her ear: "You are already dead".

#82 Posted by Linkster7 (1011 posts) -

@Deusx: Placement as first post on the new page made that picture work. Great timing!

#83 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

Just be like "YOU WANT SOME FUCK?"

#84 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@pyromagnestir said:

@GnomeonFire said:

Mine is "You's got boobs. Let me touch them." In this case, since they knew one another at a young age you could modify it to "You's got boobs now. Let me touch them."

How about "BIG BOOBS ARE AMAZING!!"  I think thatll work
#85 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@GnomeonFire said:

How about "BIG BOOBS ARE AMAZING!!" I think thatll work

Oh god you came from that thread too.

#86 Posted by Rmack (1075 posts) -

Didn't read the whole thread but if you want to be a Ryan Gosling character it should be what he played in Drive.

#87 Posted by ImHungry (376 posts) -

Fake your own death.

#88 Posted by me3639 (1727 posts) -

@SexyToad:

Glad to see it is always available and only reason i checked these threads. Nice work SexyToad!

#89 Posted by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@GnomeonFire said:

But what if she doesn't have big boobs? Wouldn't she find that rather insulting? I can't know because no ones ever tried that line on me. But I think if a lady did try that line on me it would have a pretty good shot of working...

@Deusx: Because of that thread I now feel the desire to add a disclaimer to every joke I make. My previous post, and the previous paragraph in this post were both jokes future people investigating me! Jokes!

#90 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@Deusx: Of course!  These forums have been having a lot of interesting threads lately.....
#91 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

Just be like: "I'd give you a 9/10 babe because I'm the one you need."

#92 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -

@Rmack said:

Didn't read the whole thread but if you want to be a Ryan Gosling character it should be what he played in Drive.

Too much long awkward staring for me. No-one can pull off staring at someone for 30 seconds with a creeper face and somehow attracting them. Maybe someone as attractive as Gosling can, but who knows, it might just be his actor status.

#93 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Converse, and request a dance.

#94 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I hope she brings a date for the good of this world.

#95 Posted by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

@Aegon:

Use this for inspiration! Go with God (or Whomever you go with!) my friend!

But seriously, just talk to her and try not to let the idea of her that you've built up in your head disrupt you from having an actual conversation with the actual human being you are talking to.

There's probably a simpler way of saying that...

Um... I'm not smart enough to simplify that nonsense. How's this? Talk to her. See what happens. Try not to think too much or have some "plan", just try to have fun. Did that do it?

#96 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

Serious post time. If this person is someone you like so much, then sitting close to them may be an opportunity surely. Though in the end, it shouldn't matter, because you yourself have to go through with things and that means creating the opportunity, not just waiting for it.

#97 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@pyromagnestir said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@GnomeonFire said:

But what if she doesn't have big boobs? Wouldn't she find that rather insulting? I can't know because no ones ever tried that line on me. But I think if a lady did try that line on me it would have a pretty good shot of working...

@Deusx: Because of that thread I now feel the desire to add a disclaimer to every joke I make. My previous post, and the previous paragraph in this post were both jokes future people investigating me! Jokes!

Even if she didnt have big boobs she would be flattered and it would somehow work.  Also, I will not add a disclaimer because big boobs really are amazing.
#98 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -
@GnomeonFire said:

d-do you like videogames 
...ok

#99 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I hope she brings a date for the good of this world.

#100 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

@GnomeonFire said:

d-do you like videogames
...ok

This is likely a prophecy.