• 137 results
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Clonedzero

pull out a big ass bowie knife and do the billy scene from predator at her.

Redhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Redhorn

@Aegon: Walk to up her, talk to her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@Aegon said:

@Rmack said:

Didn't read the whole thread but if you want to be a Ryan Gosling character it should be what he played in Drive.

Too much long awkward staring for me. No-one can pull off staring at someone for 30 seconds with a creeper face and somehow attracting them. Maybe someone as attractive as Gosling can, but who knows, it might just be his actor status.

Just sayin', chicks dig guys shaking in rage.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#104  Edited By Daneian

Is this girl also the bride?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Clonedzero

@Rmack said:

@Aegon said:

@Rmack said:

Didn't read the whole thread but if you want to be a Ryan Gosling character it should be what he played in Drive.

Too much long awkward staring for me. No-one can pull off staring at someone for 30 seconds with a creeper face and somehow attracting them. Maybe someone as attractive as Gosling can, but who knows, it might just be his actor status.

Just sayin', chicks dig guys shaking in rage.

you also need a fucking badass white 80's scorpion jacket

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By Aegon

Oh fuck, I may have screwed up. Her reply sounds a bit pissed off.

I think I'm gonna be sick. I sent her another message. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Dude, do you even know this girl? Like actually?

Because in all honesty your posts are making it come across like you are stalking her on Facebook while she doesn't know you exist, and that doesn't exactly bode well.

Anyway, talk to her. Use your prior history as an amusing little topic to break the ice, but after that she is basically just a stranger and you need to get to know her accordingly. If you spend the entire time talking about that time you guys played truth or dare in the old treehouse and you've loved her unconditionally, you're going to freak her the fuck out.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Aegon

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Dude, do you even know this girl? Like actually? Because in all honesty your posts are making it come across like you are stalking her on Facebook while she doesn't know you exist, and that doesn't exactly bode well. Anyway, talk to her. Use your prior history as an amusing little topic to break the ice, but after that she is basically just a stranger and you need to get to know her accordingly. If you spend the entire time talking about that time you guys played truth or dare in the old treehouse and you've loved her unconditionally, you're going to freak her the fuck out.

I barely remember anything we did back then, so that's not really a problem.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By EthanielRain

@Aegon said:

Melt in a metaphorical sense.

I really really like this person. Help me Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line. A close friend of mine suggested just acting like a dude from the movies. One of the characters he mentioned was familiar to me. The dude Ryan Gosling played in Crazy Stupid Love. He says that's all he does when he tries to get girls..act. I don't know though. I don't know how close she'll be to me. Whether it's a table away. Whether it's at the same table. Whether she'll feel like saying something to me. Whether some other people I know and am more comfortable speaking to will lead to me speaking with her. What are your suggestions?

I think it would not be in the spirit of these threads if I did a pre-emptive Ryan GBXGAL .jpg, so I'll leave that up to you guys.

Note: We used to hang out a bit when we were very young kids. I think maybe I was mean to her sometimes. WHY COOTIES?!?! WHY? But I think we had some laughs too. We haven't spoken to each other since then. The only form of communication was me commenting on one of her status' (this was actually a genuine comment, since what she posted was kind of crazy to me) and a "like" from her. Yeah I know,..."Where's your confidence?" Or at least, that's the nice version of what you're thinking.

Forgive my language, but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, DUDE! :O) You only live once. Stop over thinking it and just talk to her. Yeah, maybe you'll end up feeling like a humiliated moron, but the chance for true love is worth it.

Go Aegon! Go Aegon! Sweep her off her feet just by being yourself! I know you can do it! Fuck yeah duder :D

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Clonedzero

in all honesty, get buzzed NOT DRUNK, buzzed, enough to calm the nerves but not make you stupid. then just go talk to her. also before you do it, think about her flaws. humanize her instead of keeping the girl on a pedestal. and if you say "but she doesn't have any flaws" then fuck you stalker boy, everyone has flaws if you cant see flaws in her then dont even try

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By AcidBrandon18

@Aegon said:

The suspense is killing me.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#112  Edited By Red

Just be like "Oh hey, remember me, from your childhood?" and catch up.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By jakob187

1. Stop putting so much stock into Facebook. "Likes" and messages and all that shit, it's a detachment of human emotion, a void that isn't going to do you any good. It's all empty words. Texts are bad also. If you want to talk to her, at least call her. This at least shows that you want to have a vocal contact with her. If she can't talk to you on the phone...and I mean actually talk, not the awkward "let's sit on the phone for the next fifteen minutes asking what each other are doing and then saying something is funny" bullshit, then she isn't going to talk to you in real life. ANYONE will talk on Facebook. Hell, look at the forums. It's the internet. Even when you know someone, they are a stranger.

2. Don't go around acting like Ryan Gosling or whatever. That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. You want to ACT in front of someone you LIKE? It means that you aren't willing to be yourself. Fuck your confidence issues. Everyone has them, and you only live once...so just go fucking nuts. Just talk to her, ask her to dance, and generally just be interested. Don't crowd her, though. It's a delicate balancing act that can fuck up super easy. Did all that just worry you? Good. That's not the truth. You have three good topics of discussion readily available to you: catching up on how life has progressed, the wedding at hand, and whatever music is playing. I cannot count how many times music has been a great icebreaker for conversation. It's the universal language. When a song you know comes on, say "man, they are playing THAT?". Say it with an ambiguous tone. If she says she likes it, then you can say "well, wanna dance?". If she says she doesn't like it, you can say "yeah, it's pretty bad". Always work in ambiguous questions that can go either way. It's a good way to find out more about her, but it also opens up conversation points.

3. Stop worrying so damn much. You're all of what, 21? Seriously, if this doesn't work out, you have a LOT of options down the road. Freaking out if they don't like you is what leads to confidence and self-esteem issues. The fact is that every person is different, and in turn, some just don't work with others. That doesn't mean that someone else isn't down the line. You just have to be confident about yourself. Walk with your head held up, have some pep in your stride, and just BE.

That's the advice I can give you. Beyond that, it's all on you.

Go forth and conquer, my son.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#114  Edited By Sooperspy

@jakob187: I think you have probably given the best advice out of anyone here. Hey @Aegon: listen to this guy. And touching her shoulder wouldn't hurt, either.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Aegon

@EthanielRain: @Clonedzero: @Red: @jakob187: Thanks for the support duders. I'm going through some life style changes currently, and maybe boosting my confidence will be another change that'll come of this.

SimplyTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SimplyTron

Just make sure you rub one out before the wedding to be cool. For reference, watch Something About Mary.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#117  Edited By Slag

@Aegon said:

well that sounds bad. Best of luck duder, you are probably going to need it now sad to say. Her guard is probably up.

keep in mind you aren't going to hit a homerun at a wedding anyway in all likelihood anyway. Just be chill and be fun. If it goes well then maybe you guys can hang again and go from there. Also keep in mind she probably is not looking to get a boyfriend or any of that there.

Don't come on too hard or act unnatural. Don't be overly insistent or needy. If you push too hard and seem too interested you'll seem desperate or weird. Chances are she views you in the friend zone and weddings can be very stressful for single women socially so don't add to it.

anyway all the best.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By jakob187

@Redbullet685 said:

@jakob187: I think you have probably given the best advice out of anyone here. Hey @Aegon: listen to this guy. And touching her shoulder wouldn't hurt, either.

Even if the guy is just trolling, I just personally hate the idea of people having confidence and self-esteem issues when it comes to things like "liking someone" or "falling in love" or relationships/dating in general. Like, yeah...it's fucking scary, but eventually, every person needs to break through that stupid fucking wall we built where we said "we are gonna get rejected" and just say "so fucking what if I get rejected?". I used to have confidence and self-esteem issues until I was about 20. After that, I stopped giving a fuck. I kept trying to be what I thought people wanted me to be, and one day, I just woke up and realized "what the fuck does it matter what everyone else thinks if I'm lying to myself?".

Now, I have no problems talking to women, and I'm far more social than I ever was in my early life. I also just happen to work 42 hours a week and have little time to act out on that social life! lol Do I still get rejected? Sure. However, it's not like I'm walking up and saying "nice shoes, wanna fuck" (although I did that one time to a chick friend I'd known for about six years and it totally worked). Again, music is a ridiculously easy icebreaker to use, especially if you happen to be someone that doesn't listen to just one specific genre of music and can actually comment on it.

Oh, , one more thing: don't talk AT her, talk WITH her. If you find yourself talking for more than about 15-20 seconds at any point, just taper it off and move on with the conversations.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Slag

@jakob187: That was spot on man. I wish I read what you wrote before commenting.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120  Edited By wrighteous86

@jakob187: The main problem that you're missing is that he's idolizing and objectifying a girl he functionally doesn't know. They haven't spoken at all (aside from a single Facebook comment) in like 10 years. That's not a healthy place to start off, and it's pretty unrealistic to expect anything good to come from that. Aside from that though, we agree.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Subjugation

@Aegon: I think @jakob187 said a lot of what I was going to say. It's pretty solid advice in my opinion.

Anyway, whether you know this girl or if it was a cold approach, some things remain universal.

Have the balls to do something. I can guarantee you that you will feel better that you tried and got shut down than if you didn't try and spent who knows how long wondering "what if", understand? There are few things in life that you can count on, one among them being that there will be times where your attempts at picking up a girl will flounder. Don't let it rustle your jimmies. Be cool, confident, and collected about the whole situation. I know you're probably thinking "easier said than done", to which I would reply no, it actually isn't. It's very easily done once you stop envisioning the girl as some princess from on high that you will grovel at the feet of. She's just another person like you and me. She gets nervous too. She has insecurities. Maybe you make her nervous. Ever thought about that? Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Remember that she only has as much power over you mentally as you allow. Stop treating it like such a big deal and interact with her like you see her everyday. Make that interaction something that creates positive feelings. Let me borrow some words from Maya Angelou: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Be different. Don't be like every other guy that she's met unless you want to fade into the background just as quickly as the rest of them. Make your interaction unique and special. Act interested in more than just what's on the surface. If she's a pretty girl than there isn't much point on complimenting her looks. It will likely just roll right off of her because she's heard it all before. In fact, your generally better served not complimenting them on their looks because it's something that they don't have as much control over as, say, who they are. I guarantee a sincere compliment on an interest, personality trait, or personal achievement will net you way more goodwill because it's showing interest and attraction because of something she has control over, not because she happened to win the genetic lottery.

Do not come on too hard. You want to make your interest apparent just enough. If you go too far and hang all over her you will just come off as desperate and needy. That won't net you success. You should be interesting and desirable enough that she is vying for your attention, not the other way around. If she has you by the balls then it's already game over. You need to be a challenge to her. You know how when you really want something you have a high desire and willingness to go after it, but once you have it that all fades? Same thing applies to her. If you are too easy then you will become boring. Don't fall into that trap.

Keep the impersonal interaction to a minimum. Facebook and texting have straight up neutered proper interaction, and it's really unfortunate. Avoid these things. If you must use them, make sure you use them to set up a better interaction. No texting or having Facebook chats for three hours. Limit the messages and use them as a transition to arranging a meeting or at the very least a phone call.

I know there is more that I want to say, I'm just not super lucid right now and my thoughts aren't particularly organized. That said, good luck duderino. Go forth and have no reservations. Seize the day (and hopefully the lady).

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By jakob187

@Wrighteous86 said:

@jakob187: The main problem that you're missing is that he's idolizing and objectifying a girl he functionally doesn't know. They haven't spoken at all (aside from a single Facebook comment) in like 10 years. That's not a healthy place to start off, and it's pretty unrealistic to expect anything good to come from that. Aside from that though, we agree.

He's 21. At that age, EVERY male idolizes and objectifies the girls/women they are interested in. Are you going to tell me you and every one else on this forum didn't do the same thing in one way or another?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By hatking

@Brodehouse said:

At the reception ask her if she'd like to dance with you. Don't have a line, just make eye contact and do it. If she says yes, then dance. If not, just lower your standards. Or start drinking.

Hahahah... It's funny because it's true.

Now where's my whiskey?

HKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By HKZ

Just walk up and ask her what are the chances of a guy like her and a girl like you getting together. If that doesn't make her laugh, walk away.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#125  Edited By OneManX

Just whip it out.

If you want good advice, start with, "Hi, how are you doing?" and go from there. Trust me, you dont need a pick up line to get a woman interested, having a normal conversation with someone will fucking shatter the ice.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Aegon

Oh shit I totally misread it. She just messaged me back and she's not angry at me at all!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#127  Edited By AndrewB

She's your childhood friend. All you have to do is get her childhood self locked in a deadly experiment to test out her psychic abilities and commune with her from the future in order to save her, thus sealing your bonds forever.

Or am I too late with the advice?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Petiew

Grab a friend

Follow this
Report back
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By NTM

Look at her, and just stare into her eyes for about 30 seconds, and then say "I'm a little bit nervous, ha ha, but ummm... Let me just get down to it here :). You gots a booty-lishes-ass girl, let me put a little dicky in your a-hole. My balls, your chin, any day of the week baby."

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#130  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

@Milkman said:

Pack your bags and move away.

The sagest My Brother, My Brother and Me advice. It never fails.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#131  Edited By sammo21

Guess what? Fuck movies. Be yourself. If she doesn't like you for you then it doesn't matter, right?

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Revan_NL

Drink a bottle of Bacardi (not mixed) or vodka and let a friend tell you what happened afterwards.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#133  Edited By Bollard

@Brodehouse said:

At the reception ask her if she'd like to dance with you. Don't have a line, just make eye contact and do it. If she says yes, then dance. If not, just lower your standards. Or start drinking.

This isn't a terrible idea, also don't act. Also I can't dance for shit, so probably don't take my advice. Eh.

@Aegon said:

@wjb said:

Deep down, wasn't Ryan Gosling really just a sad and depressed guy that hung out at the same shitty club every night before he met Emma Stone?

Anyway, ask her to marry you and upstage the entire wedding and have an impromptu service of your own. Chicks love spontaneity and adventure.

A wedding inside a wedding...

God I could hit that all day.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Sploder

Seems like everything's already been said, so good luck dude.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By maginnovision

I'd say you've already screwed up by way over thinking and over analyzing things and getting worked up about it. GG

What is it with people, talking to the opposite sex is literally like talking to the same sex. It's actually easier to talk to females for me because they aren't always saying such stupid things or trying to brag.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Aegon

Update: In a funny turn of events, there turns out to be two weddings this month. Meaning I'll probably be seeing her the day after tomorrow as well as later on in the month. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. More than one chance?!

No Caption Provided
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

@Aegon said:

Update: In a funny turn of events, there turns out to be two weddings this month. Meaning I'll probably be seeing her the day after tomorrow as well as later on in the month. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. More than one chance?!

That's actually perfect. In all seriousness (and I know it sounds ridiculous) you should make barely audible beeping noises the first time you sit next to her and when she turns to look over at you to figure out if you're making them you also turn at the exact same moment to look behind and around yourself as if you're also trying to confirm where the noises are coming from. When you sit next to her again later in the month you can break the ice by talking about how crazy it was that someone was making soft beeping noises the last time you two were sitting next to eachother at a wedding. Later that night when you two are [invariably] having sex and you go down on her you can make beeping noises into her vagina, and then you look up at her and give her a little wink.