#1 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Warning

This may cause you to be very sad, since this can ruin your childhood possibly. Also, there are movie spoilers in this article and most likely this thread once discussion starts.

After reading this Kotaku article giving a very brief rundown of Jon Negroni's theory on Pixar's movies all being in the same universe, I actually read the full theory here.

Once reading this whole theory, my mind went crazy on how accurate this is. Yes, I know there are some big jumps in his idea, but that's why this is a THEORY and not truth. It's very interesting to read, so I figured I'd share it with you folks.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35981 posts) -

How are oyu using the word "theory"? Doesn't all truth start as theory?

#3 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

I read this article earlier today. Personally, I really don't care if they're all in the same universe.

#4 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@tireyo said:

I read this article earlier today. Personally, I really don't care if they're all in the same universe.

Obviously it does nothing to life as we know it. But hey it's still pretty interesting and neat. I have a thing for conspiracy theories when pertained to entertainment.

Because it's not truth until proven. Yes the movies are proof themselves. But I'd leave it to the creators to tell me if it's true or not.

#5 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I feel really lazy, is there a tl;dr version?

#6 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@coafi said:

TL;DR

Everyone dies. And boo is on a quest to find sully again.

#7 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1232 posts) -

I read it earlier this week and it really pulls hard for you to believe a lot of bs. It is interesting without a doubt though.

#8 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

@lord_xp said:

@coafi said:

TL;DR

Everyone dies. And boo is on a quest to find sully again.

OMG, everyone dies?! That's so sad :(

#9 Posted by ShaggE (6325 posts) -

I operate under the assumption that all movies take place in the same universe, even when the plots directly contradict each other (since some movies have magic in them, "a wizard did it" explains any and all contradictions). So I agree wholeheartedly that all Pixar movies are interconnected. Furthermore, they are all in the same universe as Sharknado and Ghost Dad, so do with that what you will.

#10 Posted by Aegon (5394 posts) -

Boo looks nothing like the Toy Story 3 girl.

#11 Posted by Irvandus (2817 posts) -

That was entertaining.

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

Wow I actually read the whole thing. That was very interesting and entertaining.

#13 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

@lord_xp said:

@tireyo said:

Obviously it does nothing to life as we know it. But hey it's still pretty interesting and neat. I have a thing for conspiracy theories when pertained to entertainment.

@video_game_king said:

Because it's not truth until proven. Yes the movies are proof themselves. But I'd leave it to the creators to tell me if it's true or not.

The word you're looking for is "hypothesis."

#14 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

A lot of the logic here is from cameos. Pixar LOVES cameos.

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

WIth in the blog you linked to the guy even states that the director of the incridabls says that it takes place in an "alternate 1960's" so... I doubt it.

#16 Posted by Glottery (1104 posts) -

Nice story and all, but when searching for more information about the cancelled movie Newt, I found out that Pixar is planning on making a movie based on the Dia de los Muertos aka Day of The Dead holiday. Give me my fake Grim Fandango movie, ohgodyes!!

#17 Posted by VierasTalo (669 posts) -

I still stand by the Cars-franchise being mad creepy due to it being such a post-apocalyptic swing, where the cars mourn for their former masters by attempting to imitate their lives as best they can.

#18 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I applaud him for going into so much detail, but we all know that this is bogus. Tarantino's movies on the other hand are in fact all in the same universe. And it's really crazy reading about how he manages to connect them all.