The planet in Prometheus.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

OK, so I've made a thread about this in the past I believe; not sure if it was on here or another site, but I wanted to ask Alien fans out there. Prometheus takes place on planet LV-223, but in Alien and Aliens, the planet is LV-426. Are these really two different planets (that I read from IGN, are right next to each other, which I am questioning), or do the names just change over time? 'Cause I was thinking, how could it be that the alien ship crashes back on the same planet, or at least that's what I believe happens, and yet it's also on LV-426? Does anyone know the real answer to this? Do you know what I'm asking? I was just thinking that the company (Weyland, or the then Weyland-Yutani) changes the name, but if not, there's something else entirely that I can only guess what happens. Also, I know I've been making a bunch of Prometheus threads, and I'm sorry if you're getting tired of it. I'm just really interested in the Alien franchise and am extremely excited for Prometheus.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hector

This is what I think, gathering from what is shown in the trailer is that the ship manages to get off planet and it's headed for Earth. The crew of Prometheus manage to stop it and it eventually ends up crash landing on LV-426.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@Hector: Are you saying it's going to crash land on another planet than the one it took off from, from the time it planned to go to Earth? If so, wouldn't that mean that all of the crew members would have to somehow randomly go to LV-426 when they were previously intending on being on LV-223, to see the destruction of the ship and then run from it? That wouldn't make any sense, unless in this movie, they land on one planet, then go to another, but I don't think that's what happens. This is all on one planet, but is it the same as the one in the Alien films, and they just change the name later on? You'll see in the trailer, the Prometheus crashes into the other ship in orbit. Or were you saying something else?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Maybe all of those questions will be answer when the movie's released.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Saw the movie last night. It's pretty sick.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VierasTalo

Saw it yesterday, not very good, watchable. It's a different planet. Specifics: 

TheWrongGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the original ship that takes off to destroy earth is shot down and crashes on the same planet, the ship they find in alien and aliens is a completely different ship on a completely different planet. possibly the one used by the main woman and the robot head (forgot names).

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Weird ass bump; not the same planet obviously.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It can't be the same ship or the same planet that was in Alien, which was a fucking weird way to end Prometheus (how did the Xenomorph get to LV426 in the first place!?).

But I didn't particularly care for Prometheus anyway. It's too disjointed and doesn't always make sense; this is just one plot hole of more than I care to point out.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can't be the same ship or the same planet that was in Alien, which was a fucking weird way to end Prometheus (how did the Xenomorph get to LV426 in the first place!?).

I raised this same question and someone reminded me that when they first enter the chamber with all the capsules of crazy black goop, there are carvings on the walls of Xenomorphs. So presumably the....the....Engineers? I can't remember what they were called. Presumably the big bald albino weightlifters who were previously known as Space Jockeys found that the Xenomorph was a common outcome of the goopy stuff. I guess.

Man, what a dumb movie.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

the original ship that takes off to destroy earth is shot down and crashes on the same planet, the ship they find in alien and aliens is a completely different ship on a completely different planet. possibly the one used by the main woman and the robot head (forgot names).

Did you make an account just to answer this 8 month old question?

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didnt know there was any confusion as to planets? Why would you assume they were the same? Also Prometheus is fucking awful. Let the film die and not be considered cannon. There was nothing worth while to come from that abomination of a film.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@john1912 said:

I didnt know there was any confusion as to planets? Why would you assume they were the same? Also Prometheus is fucking awful. Let the film die and not be considered cannon. There was nothing worth while to come from that abomination of a film.

I thought the same too regarding the confusion but the thread was started before the movie came out.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By PandaBear

I didn't hate the movie... but fuck, did we learn anything? It was a lot of mystery and no real pay-off. And I doubt a sequel will happen.

TheWrongGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewrongguy said:

Yes... yes i did, and the reason was because i couldn't understand how someone could be confused about that particular aspect of the film, and it annoyed me so i had to.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't hate the movie... but fuck, did we learn anything? It was a lot of mystery and no real pay-off. And I doubt a sequel will happen.

I'm pretty sure a sequel is confirmed.

Without the writer from Lost, no less.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thabigred said:

@thewrongguy said:

Yes... yes i did, and the reason was because i couldn't understand how someone could be confused about that particular aspect of the film, and it annoyed me so i had to.

does it annoy you that Prometheus is utter garbage? That annoys me a great deal.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By granderojo
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: Prometheus is a good movie.

It's an OK movie that as the potential to lead to great things if the sequel bothers itself with answering some questions.. any questions really and also now that all the annoying characters are dead.

Sucks about Idris Elba though. That guy is awesome!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By vaiz

Prometheus was a meddled with clusterfuck. The original version that was actually an Alien prequel seems like it would have been way better. For those curious, here's the script for that version.

• David is more of a villain
  • A totally different proto-Xenomorph is birthed instead of the weird squid thing.
  • The Xenomorph that comes out of the Engineer is a giant super-alien instead of a weird little baby thing.
  • That blonde bitch dies via acid from a mutated scientist, sounds like a way more satisfying death for her ass.
  • Weyland security forces are much more involved. And by that, I mean involved at all.
  • Some other shit.

...Also yeah, on topic, totally different planet/moon.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By boj4ngles

Prometheus was awesome, way better than any of the other alien films. Fan boys hate it because they wanted it to rigidly adhere to the obscure mythology of the series.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Prometheus quite a bit, but my viewing experience was weird. I didn't actually watch the movie until after reading loads about it, spoilers and all, including a bunch of the negative reviews. After actually seeing it for myself, I appreciate it as a good science fiction film with a bunch of plot holes and bad decisions. Maybe I'm just starved for big, relatively intelligent, sci-fi films.

Oh, and they are totally different planets. There isn't really anything directly connecting the plots of the two films.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Prometheus was awesome, way better than any of the other alien films. Fan boys hate it because they wanted it to rigidly adhere to the obscure mythology of the series.

What the hell are you talking about? The people that hate it hate it because plot holes and no explanations. I don't know what "obscure mythology" you are talking about, the only one i know is they found an alien ship, then aliens started killing people, and Weyland Yutani is an evil company.

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By boj4ngles

@boj4ngles said:

What the hell are you talking about? The people that hate it hate it because plot holes and no explanations. I don't know what "obscure mythology" you are talking about, the only one i know is they found an alien ship, then aliens started killing people, and Weyland Yutani is an evil company.

Horror movies always have plot holes. You say it has no explanations? Do you mean explanations to questions like "What does the black goo do?", because that is what I mean. People want it to make sense. But it doesn't try to and that is not the important part of the movie.

I remember having this debate when the movie came out and a lot of people also didn't like it because they thought it was "religious".

Anyways, I don't want to be combative or get into a flame war. Sorry if I was rude. I just thought it was really good.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@thabigred said:

@oldirtybearon: Prometheus is a good movie.

Loading Video...

A vast portion of that is nerdy nitpicking. Some of those questions aren't even valid complaints.

Prometheus is a good movie.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boj4ngles: You weren't rude or anything, i just didn't get how you could dismiss people who hated the movie by saying it didn't follow the mythology of the other films when there really wasn't one to begin with. Its ok that you like it, but i personally didn't care for it because the characters and there motives and actions seemed stupid to me. And with the big questions that the movie brings up they never felt the need to answer any of them, and it just felt lazy and unnecessary for some of them to be there.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: Some people think that Three Men and a Baby is a good movie, too. Those people are morons, but they exist.

Selidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The characters in Prometheus don't act like human beings at all. Nothing makes sense.

I actually think the film is alright, but man, it does alot of dumb things.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus is a good movie same way ME3 originally had a great ending.

If you don't think too much about it. By that I mean: at all. Just, don't, think.

And then for some reason people (like GB crew for ex) get the impression that most science fiction is childish, full of potholes and everything is generally explained with science magic. Gee I wonder why?

Really wish movies and games would to start pulling themselves into some semblance of seriousness when it comes to science fiction.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Oldirtybearon
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@oldirtybearon said:

@snail: Some people think that Three Men and a Baby is a good movie, too. Those people are morons, but they exist.

Oh wow you are so subtle. How do you even do it.

I suppose when all these questions are answered in a sequel this demographic of people will calm down. I'm okay with Prometheus raising a ton of unanswered questions because it's the first in what might very well be a trilogy, or just one movie out of two, what have you. It's the first installment in a story arc. It's meant to raise questions.

Also, if the meaning of all things happening in the movie interests you so, there's a some reading you can do.

As for the so called "plot holes", this movie doesn't have as many of them as people seem to think it does - the movie does, however, beg for suspension of disbelief, which is totally fine for this type of movie. I'm okay with being all like "Oh, why would HE EVER DO THAT" for a while, because there is that B-movie-ness to this film.

I'm a stickler about plot holes that ruin a movie's plot. It made me enjoy Inception a whole lot less. I just don't think it's an issue here. Unanswered questions and suspension of disbelief don't necessarily ruin a movie, especially one as well-paced, atmospheric and interesting as this one.

It's a good sci-fi movie.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@snail said:

@oldirtybearon said:

Oh wow you are so subtle. How do you even do it.

What can I say? It's a gift.

I suppose when all these questions are answered in a sequel this demographic of people will calm down. I'm okay with Prometheus raising a ton of unanswered questions because it's the first in what might very well be a trilogy, or just one movie out of two, what have you. It's the first installment in a story arc. It's meant to raise questions.

What sequel? You mean the planned Prometheus 2 to arrive in the year 2020? I don't know if you noticed, but Ridley Scott has several other movies lined up before a sequel is even a possible discussion. But let's not get into the "JESUS CHRIST WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL TO EXPLAIN SHIT" bandwagon. It's a stupid wagon to hitch your argument to because it relies on hypotheticals and supposition as opposed to engaging with the film we've seen. The idea of a sequel is ethereal and vague, like the character motivations in Prometheus (hiyoo).

That all being said, if you took the time to listen to the (funny) video I posted that decided to cover a handful of plotholes in the movie, you'd realize that the film wasn't written to raise questions or answer them. It was written so that we could see cool shit happen and there were zero fucks given for well-drawn characters, clear motivations, or even consistent rules for the reality the film takes place in. Characters behave one way in one scene and then act completely out of character in another (the bearded redhead being scared shitless of a dead alien and then playing Pet the Kitty with the obviously dangerous and evil snake penis vagina monster that kills him, for instance). That's not "raising questions" to be "answered in a (nonexistent) sequel." That's just bad writing.

And that's not the only example of it in Prometheus. It's all over the place from the pointless introduction scene that not only ruins the reveal of the Space Jockey's appearance to the fact that the weird looking lead actress cuts a Cthulhu looking beast out of her uterus and then walks around like everything is fine. That thing is literally not acknowledged by anyone or anything. At all. Ever. Not even by her. Not even a "hey I was impregnated with this weird alien squid baby but I cut it out we're cool now. By the way it's still in the lifeboat." The only reason that (admittedly awesome) abortion scene exists is so that we can have the Space Jockey get face raped by a suddenly humongous squid in the very end of the movie. That's really bad writing.

Also, if the meaning of all things happening in the movie interests you so, there's a some reading you can do.

Already did it old chum. I desperately wanted Prometheus to be good. It was the first film in years that I was genuinely excited for. As soon as I saw that Alien inspired trailer I got a raging boner because fuck yeah, Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi! It was like being around for the second coming of Jesus. But then the movie sucked so.

As for the so called "plot holes", this movie doesn't have as many of them as people seem to think it does - the movie does, however, beg for suspension of disbelief, which is totally fine for this type of movie. I'm okay with being all like "Oh, why would HE EVER DO THAT" for a while, because there is that B-movie-ness to this film.

Uh... I'll link to it one more time and if you want, take a shot for every time a plot hole is brought up. Or don't. You know, unless you want your kidneys to shut down from alcohol poisoning.

Loading Video...

I'm a stickler about plot holes that ruin a movie's plot. It made me enjoy Inception a whole lot less. I just don't think it's an issue here. Unanswered questions and suspension of disbelief don't necessarily ruin a movie, especially one as well-paced, atmospheric and interesting as this one.

I am the king of suspension of disbelief. I can go along with just about anything a film or story puts in front of me. I dont usually care about plot holes either (for instance I love Looper and because that movie has to do with time travel it is full of them) but Prometheus isn't just a couple plot holes here and there the writer fudged to make the plot work. The entire script is literally a writer trying to mash everything together to make it fit his idea of a good Alien movie. It didn't work and it's amazing that the visual style (the movie is beautiful) and the dropkick awesome performances by the lead cast (Fassbender in particular. I loved his android.) wasn't enough to salvage the movie from its precarious, patch-work of ideas and "questions." It's like watching really talented people make a mural out of feces. Sure there's a lot of detail and it's well rendered, but they still smeared the wall with shit.

It's a good sci-fi movie.

No it's not. It's a pretentious movie that attempts to be avant garde by asking a bunch of questions and then scowling at the audience when they expect a pay off. This is Damon Lindelof's shtick. I know this because I sat through six fucking seasons of Lost.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By SirOptimusPrime
@oldirtybearon said:
Loading Video...

That fucking biologist...

Oh my god, nothing infuriated me more than that totally unbelievable character. Why would he be allowed on a deep space dive if he had absolutely 0 mental stability? OR scientific curiosity for that matter? Jesus Christ, that fucking prick annoyed me so hard.

edit: hmm, I worded that second part incorrectly. Rather, why the fuck would he bounce back and forth between being scared of millennia-long dead creators and intrigued by vaginal/penis/snake things? Is he, like, a really insular dude with 0 understanding of how the world works in connections? Ugh.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cloudnineboya

when i saw the film i didint even know it had any thing to do with the alien films, maybe thats why i thought it was a good movie or maybe not, who knows. the only thing i did not like was that annoying guy who was all brave and full of it to start with then the first site of danger turns into a little pussy. oh and the ending

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By granderojo
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pr1mus

@siroptimusprime said:

edit: hmm, I worded that second part incorrectly. Rather, why the fuck would he bounce back and forth between being scared of millennia-long dead creators and intrigued by vaginal/penis/snake things? Is he, like, a really insular dude with 0 understanding of how the world works in connections? Ugh.

Maybe the vaginal/penis/snake things are to him what puppies are to Matthew Rorie.

But yeah that character was pretty bad. Him and the dude who ends up being burned alive by Charlize Theron. Like what the hell "WE'RE GOING TO SPACE TO MEET OUR MAKERS!!!!" then they find a dead body and he just becomes an alcoholic over night because he's bummed and don't want to look for answers anymore.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pr1mus said:

@siroptimusprime said:

Maybe the vaginal/penis/snake things are to him what puppies are to Matthew Rorie.

But yeah that character was pretty bad. Him and the dude who ends up being burned alive by Charlize Theron. Like what the hell "WE'RE GOING TO SPACE TO MEET OUR MAKERS!!!!" then they find a dead body and he just becomes an alcoholic over night because he's bummed and don't want to look for answers anymore.

So he's going to start a tumblr of him walking around petting people's genitalia? Uh..

Also, I think the only mildly interesting/sensical character was Idris Elba's, and that was just generic but at least had a consistent arc. I think. I dunno, I don't want to think about this movie anymore.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@thabigred said:

@oldirtybearon: you should watch:

@forcen said:

Here is a more serious review of the movie by the same guys that made the video above: http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-prometheus/

The film was great, I'm going to go rewatch it for the fourth time now. Also if you think it's too long start at 17:20. Even Mike recommended it at the end, so fuck off.

I'm well aware of what those guys think of the movie (I watch them weekly), and I can agree to disagree. As a big Aliens fan I was very much let down by the fact that Ridley Scott made a visually stunning film with zero consistency in the story or its characters. It's full of plotholes and can be downright boring.

What makes you think I wanted Prometheus to be bad, anyhow? I wanted desperately for Prometheus to blow me away and be an amazing film, but it just wasn't. Maybe that hurt me more because of it, or maybe you just like bad movies. It's one of those eternal questions we just won't ever know the answers to.

Like what the hell is the black goo in Prometheus (hiyoo)?

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thabigred said:

@oldirtybearon: you should watch:

@forcen said:

Here is a more serious review of the movie by the same guys that made the video above: http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-prometheus/

The film was great, I'm going to go rewatch it for the fourth time now. Also if you think it's too long start at 17:20. Even Mike recommended it at the end, so fuck off.

I'm well aware of what those guys think of the movie (I watch them weekly), and I can agree to disagree. As a big Aliens fan I was very much let down by the fact that Ridley Scott made a visually stunning film with zero consistency in the story or its characters. It's full of plotholes and can be downright boring.

What makes you think I wanted Prometheus to be bad, anyhow? I wanted desperately for Prometheus to blow me away and be an amazing film, but it just wasn't. Maybe that hurt me more because of it, or maybe you just like bad movies. It's one of those eternal questions we just won't ever know the answers to.

Like what the hell is the black goo in Prometheus (hiyoo)?

How the fuck was the blood in the original aliens able to operate inside his body properly? No amount of endobiological build-up could keep their blood from corroding themselves. If you look at this stuff too closely than you're always going to be disappointed because it's completely implausible.

Prometheus did blow me away and no it's not a bad movie. It's an incredibly ambitious film. How can it be both visually stunning and downright boring. You want to talk about plotholes? How about the fact that in the original film a few drops of alien blood burns through multiple floors of their ship but when several full size aliens are mowed down by turrets in the sequel there is little to no structural damage at all to anything surrounding them.

Face it, you wanted to hate this film before you saw it and you're not a true fan of the series. Because if you were you'd understand looking at this shit too closely is a fools errand. Much like the original films it raised more questions than answers and Ridley Scott knows my creativity is more powerful than anything he or any other director can create.

Fuck off saying I just like bad movies you condescending prick. Go watch some actually bad films before coming back to me with some bullshit response like this.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Face it, you wanted to hate this film before you saw it and you're not a true fan of the series. Because if you were you'd understand looking at this shit too closely is a fools errand. Much like the original films it raised more questions than answers and Ridley Scott knows my creativity is more powerful than anything he or any other director can create.

Fuck off saying I just like bad movies you condescending prick. Go watch some actually bad films before coming back to me with some bullshit response like this.

You can't refute any of the points I made so you acquiesce to your baser, immature instinct and attack me personally. You're a real charmer, aren't you?

I'm not interested in measuring my film-peen with you. I'm not interested in running down a list of my favourite movies in some weird attempt to "prove" my credibility. If you want to plug your ears and stomp your feet because I dared to tell you the truth about Prometheus (that it's bad) then fine, by all means.

But be quiet, the adults are talking.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By granderojo

@thabigred said:

You can't refute any of the points I made so you acquiesce to your baser, immature instinct and attack me personally. You're a real charmer, aren't you?

I'm not interested in measuring my film-peen with you. I'm not interested in running down a list of my favourite movies in some weird attempt to "prove" my credibility. If you want to plug your ears and stomp your feet because I dared to tell you the truth about Prometheus (that it's bad) then fine, by all means.

But I did refute your points quite adequately and also, you attacked me personally first! If your argument that Prometheus doesn't hold up on the reasons you gave I present to you those original films did it the same. So either you like the series or you don't. Stop being condescending about your opinion, it's no more valid than my own.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon said:

@thabigred said:

But I did refute your points quite adequately and also, you attacked me personally first! If your argument that Prometheus doesn't hold up on the reasons you gave I present to you those original films did it the same. So either you like the series or you don't. Stop being condescending about your opinion, it's no more valid than my own.

Saying "You like Prometheus? Maybe you just like bad movies" is leagues away from "Fuck off you condescending prick who was never a TRUE FAN because you have issues with plot holes!"

And the original film and its sequels did have plot holes. I never denied that. I said in my lengthy write up for @snail that I don't mind when a writer fudges a bit to make the plot work. The plot holes in Prometheus were just egregious, however, and for me the biggest crime isn't even the plot holes, it's the utter lack of a resolution to anything the film establishes or brings up.

"The Space Jockey is going to attack Earth!" well, how do you know? "I don't know, it just is! I guess!" Okay better ram my ship into it.

And that doesn't even call attention to the utter stupidity of Charlize Theron's character, who doesn't understand that you run to the side of a giant rolling croissant that is trying to squish you. I actually laughed out loud at that scene. It wasn't intense or scary, it was a goddamn pastry trying to kill people.

The third act of Prometheus is an utter mess where shit happens just because. There's no pay off to the questions the film raises, there's not even a hint as to what any of it all meant or why any of it happened in the first place. Prometheus, at its heart is a simple story just like Alien, but the writer (or Ridley) got wrapped up in symbolism and raising questions that they forgot to answer any of them. Sounds like Lost, doesn't it?

And finally, and this might be the worst of the lot, I absolutely loathe what they did in regards to the Xenomorphs' origins. Not only does it destroy all the mystique around those truly alien motherfuckers, but it also doesn't even work in the context of a prequel to Alien. The crashed croissant on LV-426 has Xeno eggs, fully evolved and one of them attaches to Kane. How exactly does that ship and its cargo exist having crash landed on LV-426 2,000 years before the start of Alien? How is it these Xenomorphs only came about because of some bullshit a hundred years before the first film and yet there they are on an ancient ship that's thousands of years old? How come no one thought this through?

And that's it, isn't it? Nobody thought it through. Nobody went back to Alien and ALIENS and shit even Alien 3 to figure out a way to tell their insipid tale of God while also remaining true to the history and lore of the series. Instead they just cocked it up. Just because. To me, those are just some of the reasons why Prometheus is a bad movie. No resolution, disrespectful of the source material, and plot holes that gape wider and deeper than a porn star. And yet you tell me I couldn't be a true fan for not liking this?

And one last point, not all opinions are created equal. Their gravitas is given credence based on merit and sound reasoning. You're saying you like Prometheus because it's a good movie, and that's all anyone has said in this thread. Nobody wants to engage in a discussion on how it is a good movie, they just hand wave that it is and leave it at that.

I'm sorry, but that's not good enough for me, and just leads me to believe that you like bad movies.