#1 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Remember this guys? It's where you take a political test and see where you stand on the political scale. Feel free to post images of your results!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Here are my results:

GO!

#2 Posted by posh (523 posts) -

the test is way too simple to be accurate and the way "libertarian" is represented here isn't really what libertarianism means anymore. libertarianism is the belief that taxes are bad and governments should be really small and little or no regulation from governments is necessary. i strongly disagree with that.

if this thread catches on it'll be hell

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Gucci Gucci

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9763 posts) -

That's about where I was the last time I took this test.

#5 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

Accurate, although I do believe that I should be a bit lower towards Libertarian/Anarchist.

#6 Edited by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Yeah, I don't really think I'm much of a Libertarian so I dunno.

#7 Edited by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -

That's pretty much exactly what I expected.

I think the results would be more interesting if it provided separate graphs for each type of issue, e.g. social, fiscal, etc.

#8 Edited by Dtat (1627 posts) -

Well the y axis is only social issues, so this has you as a social liberal, but also a fiscal liberal. Whereas "Libertarians" seem to mostly identify as socially liberal fiscally conservative.

Yeah, I don't really think I'm much of a Libertarian so I dunno.

#9 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I got that. Whatever that means...

#10 Posted by Skytylz (4035 posts) -

@posh said:

I have pretty much the exact same result. I'm one unit up towards authoritarian though. I'm pretty far left, so I'm not surprised at that but I was expecting to be close to the middle vertically.

#11 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1229 posts) -

Too many questions, I got bored.

#12 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (382 posts) -

Here's mine. I think it's pretty accurate. However, this reflects my own views of an idealized society. If I had society affecting influence in today's world, I think I would be more authoritative.

"People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce." I wasn't ready for this question, caught me off guard, would diabetes be considered a serious disease? Thinking about it, I disagree but was cynical that parents would have the foresight to make responsible decisions for their potential children. A lot of those questions where shades of grey. Neat site for sure!

#13 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5076 posts) -

Last time's result:

And now:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-2.38&soc=-1.79

The test is still crappy.

#14 Posted by zoozilla (982 posts) -

Here's mine, pretty much what I expected:

#15 Posted by Gaff (1848 posts) -

Well, if this is the label people want to pin on me, fine, I guess?

Also, helpful note: the test comes from this side of the pond (Europe), so their definition of liberalism is probably a bit different than what "liberalism" currently means in the US.

#16 Edited by Animasta (14718 posts) -

basically the same as everyone else ayup

#17 Edited by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

#18 Edited by posh (523 posts) -

@skytylz: yeah it's pretty weird how it handles the y-axis. pretty sure i'm low because i wasn't like "the police are great" but there isn't enough fidelity in the quiz to determine that I think tax, public funding and big government are good ideas. so the y-axis incorporates social matters too

#19 Posted by toolus (119 posts) -

That's probably about right.

#20 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

Pretty much in the same place as the last time I did this. Though slightly more to the left

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
I love gay people, abortions, and free healthcare. I dislike authority and white men in suits who are not Martin Sheen.

#22 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5902 posts) -

I've often been confused where I stand on the political scale. I guess I know where I stand now.

#23 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Pretty much exactly how I knew it would come out.

Economic Left/Right: -8.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

#24 Edited by Blackout62 (1387 posts) -

So according to the website the closest people to my views are Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. That's good company. Also which Dalai Lama?

#25 Posted by BeachThunder (12295 posts) -

Personally, I really don't wish that they wouldn't not use fewer double negatives though. Just kidding, the wording of some of the questions ends up being pretty confusing.

#26 Posted by Stonyman65 (2822 posts) -
That's pretty accurate - socially Liberal but fiscally Conservative (with some exceptions)

#27 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@blackout62 said:

So according to the website the closest people to my views are Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. That's good company. Also which Dalai Lama?

They only refer to the current Dalai Lama as The Dalai Lama, I believe. Past Lamas are referred to differently.

#28 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

More or less what I expected.

#29 Posted by Slag (4734 posts) -

in the middle of Lower left hand quadrant for me (Green), as I've always been every time I've taken the test and where most Americans place I suspect.