#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Lately I've had several questions on my mind about games and other things that are either too small or too random to find 'answers' for without asking.  

So this thread is dedicated to simply asking questions and getting answers
If you have a random, small, maybe even embarrassing question about anything, maybe something that is common knowledge or that you couldn't look up anywhere, go ahead and ask it, and make sure to answer questions you know the answer to! 
Let's help each other out. 

I'll get the ball rolling with a few random questions of mine:

Bully 

For those who have played and enjoyed Bully, I need to know how you dealt with the pacing. One hour in the game is one minute IRL: You wake up at 8 am, ONE MINUTE later you have class at 9 (to 11:30), TWO MINUTES LATER you have a second class at 1:30 pm (to 3), and then you have 8 minutes of gameplay until school curfew at 11 pm. 
When you go to bed then, you wake up 9 whole wasted minutes later, at 8 am, and the same thing goes. 

I'm finding myself waking up, taking class then going to sleep way too frequently without accomplishing much, especially that 4 out of the 10 minutes of daily gameplay are spent dodging and evading Prefects. 

African American rights in the US, 1920's

Earlier today I was watching a TV series. The KKK attacked an African American warehouse and killed 4 people and injured 8, and when they fled one of the black dudes aimed and shot at (and killed) one of them. 
Result: The black man is arrested for shooting a white man. The same white man who shot and injured over 10 African American citizens, his friends who helped him aren't being pursued.. So I was wondering, was that how it was in the US back then? Blacks can vote yet they're not considered human enough for killing them to be as big a crime as killing a white man? 
Also the main character referred to them as "colored" in his speech in front of the black community, and they didn't mind. When did that term become not OK, then?  

What is love?

Skyrim

I'm wondering if anyone, like me, is still playing his same first playthrough from 11.11.11 and still enjoying it and doing quests and pushing the storyline further every now and then? If so, how many hours you got clocked? 108 here.   
I might have a question about horses in the game, but I'll have to experiment more with mods first. 

---------------------------------------------- 
These aren't exactly questions with definite answers, but if you'd like to answer any of them go ahead.  
And if you have a question of your own please do ask and the community will answer for you. 

Happy Q&A'ing!
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

In response to your Bully problem, maybe you're taking your role as student too seriously? I know I haven't played it in a while, but the kid's a delinquent, so that should be your cue to fuck about with the open world stuff instead of the class stuff. If you want to go to school in video games, why not Persona 4?

As for my question: how do you know if you know something? I tried Googling that before, and Google thought I was on the verge of suicide. That's not a joke; that's actually what happened.

#3 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

Love is a complicated system of chemicals that ensures that our genes are passed down.

#4 Posted by Enigma777 (6074 posts) -

Why does my dog come up to me, farts, smells his ass for a second and then quickly slinks away? What is he trying to tell me?!

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -

I don't recall feeling rushed in Bully at all. Basically, I did whatever I wanted to whenever I wanted to, so you shouldn't feel forced to do certain activities if you don't want to (such as going to class). 

#6 Posted by Marcsman (3209 posts) -

In response to your Skyrim question, I'm still on my first playthrough clocking in at 160 hours. I tried to get every trophy my one and only playthrough. Now my question is. Did anybody else fuck up the Oblivion Walker trophy\achievement because they killed the freaking stupid talking dog? Killing the talkative mutt gets you the Rueful Axe only to find out it is not a true Daedric artifact, screwing you out of the trophy or achievement. Basically wasting about 30- 40 hours on those missions.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11990 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

Does bully run good on pc? I never finished it on ps2 but really liked it

#9 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -
@Enigma777
Why does my dog come up to me, farts, smells his ass for a second and then quickly slinks away? What is he trying to tell me?!
He obviously likes the smell of his farts, and so thinks you will too. When you don't react happily he gets embarrassed.

I am actually a dog, so I'm speaking from experience.
#10 Posted by Getz (3028 posts) -

Are there any good anime shows on Netflix Instant Watch that don't have horrible english dub jobs?

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Video_Game_King@FluxWaveZ: That would be fine and dandy if it wasn't for the prefects being everywhere all the time busting you and ruining your missions. It's as if there's a cop in GTA always following you around, keeping you in wanted status and disallowing your missions to continue.   

@BeachThunder said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.
#12 Posted by Bane122 (794 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Does bully run good on pc? I never finished it on ps2 but really liked it

Personally I hated it. The sound is all jacked up and the kb/m controls were bad. I much prefer the 360 version.

#13 Posted by CornBREDX (5379 posts) -

That's kind of the beauty of Bully though. You can choose to not follow those rules, and skip classes (have to be careful about how you do it) or you can balance going to school, having friends, and following the rules. It's kind of up to you, really. 
I remember it opening up more later in the game as well. You can like, go to class enough times where you don't have to go anymore or something. It's been awhile since I played it, i don't remember all the details.

#14 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2722 posts) -

I tried to get the school stuff in Bully out of the way as soon as possible, so it did get a bit rough at times. Looking back, forcing myself to get through the school stuff probably hurt my experience a little bit. Just a little bit though, I still adore that game.

#15 Posted by thellama042 (109 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@BeachThunder said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.

No more...

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

What is love?

#17 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Maybe some members of the KKK were law enforcement personnel and standing up for "coloreds" would have probably been seen as traitorous.

#18 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Do you know how to quote or to reply to a comment on a phone? I dont have a membership so I don't have the mobile site. It won't let me click on reply or quote, is there an HTML code or something I can do?

#19 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

Love is a complicated system of chemicals that ensures that our genes are passed down.

That's a really sad answer.

#20 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@BaneFireLord said:

But a true one.

#21 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Morrow said:

@BaneFireLord said:

But a true one.

Nah-ah. Attraction might work that way, but love means to spend your life with someone. That involves a lot more than just chemical attraction. Love means to abandon your selfishness and compromise, that process is a bit more complicated than just chemical attraction.

But I know that everyone has a different perception of what "love" means to them. If this is the way you define it, there you go.

#22 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the only reason Nucky had Chalky arrested was for his own protection against KKK retaliation.

#23 Edited by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Morrow said:

@BaneFireLord said:

But a true one.

Nah-ah. Attraction might work that way, but love means to spend your life with someone. That involves a lot more than just chemical attraction. Love means to abandon your selfishness and compromise, that process is a bit more complicated than just chemical attraction.

But I know that everyone has a different perception of what "love" means to them. If this is the way you define it, there you go.

But every single thing we do is a result of electrical and chemical reactions happening all over our body. It's the impulses firing through my brain right now that are causing my fingers to type this. At our core, we're all just walking bags of chemistry. Which then goes on to raise the question: Do we have free will? If all our actions and reactions are just a result of chemical and electrical impulses happening in our body, is everything we do predetermined by our chemical and genetic makeup? Is free will just an illusion?

#24 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Morrow said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Morrow said:

@BaneFireLord said:

But a true one.

But every single thing we do is a result of electrical and chemical reactions happening all over our body. It's the impulses firing through my brain right now that are causing my fingers to type this. At our core, we're all just walking bags of chemistry. Which then goes on to raise the question: Do we have free will? If all our actions and reactions are just a result of chemical and electrical impulses happening in our body, is everything we do predetermined by our chemical and genetic makeup? Is free will just an illusion?

Yes, but you're typing it because you want to type it. You control your fingers to tap the right buttons. A thing such as love can not be controlled.

I think it all comes down to how much you submit to your instincts and emotions, or how much you reconsider and try to divide your possibilities into things you do impulsively and things you do rationally. I, for example, often see myself questioning my intentions and decisions, and wonder if I did it because I was driven by emotion or thought. The ability to actually choose what to do, while being aware whether it's emotion or thought, is free will.

#25 Posted by big_jon (5734 posts) -

Why am I so fat?

#26 Edited by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Why do songs get stuck in my head the point I sing or hum them for days, and spend all my free time with said song on repeat, until after a couple of days the mood passes and I move onto my next musical obsession?

#27 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@big_jon

Why am I so fat?

Too many burgers.

#28 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

How exactly do I play EU PSOne Classics on a US PS3?

Why did change his avatar?

#29 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

How are babies made?

#30 Posted by impartialgecko (1531 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@BaneFireLord said:

Agreed.

#31 Posted by dudeglove (7903 posts) -

WHERE'S THE FUCKING STEAM SUMMER SALE

#32 Posted by EuanDewar (4965 posts) -
@Morrow

@MattyFTM said:

@Morrow said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Morrow said:

@BaneFireLord said:

But a true one.

Yes, but you're typing it because you want to type it. You control your fingers to tap the right buttons. A thing such as love can not be controlled.

I think it all comes down to how much you submit to your instincts and emotions, or how much you reconsider and try to divide your possibilities into things you do impulsively and things you do rationally. I, for example, often see myself questioning my intentions and decisions, and wonder if I did it because I was driven by emotion or thought. The ability to actually choose what to do, while being aware whether it's emotion or thought, is free will.

In my opinion, *alternates between vomiting and screaming*
#33 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@zyn

How are babies made?

How is babby formed?
#34 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

who would win in a naked mud wrestle jesus or batman

#35 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@Bell_End Jesus is a pacifist, so Batman. If you consider that, for it, Batman would spend eternity in hell, then Jesus.
#36 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1645 posts) -

How many people do you think will submit extremely random questions? (Honestly)

#37 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
Why do songs get stuck in my head the point I sing or hum them for days, and spend all my free time with said song on repeat, until after a couple of days the mood passes and I move onto my next musical obsession?

It's our minds being hipstery. That's my opinion of it. 

@dudeglove said:

/thread
#38 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

who would win in a naked mud wrestle jesus or batman

Jesus.

Because naked Jesus is still Jesus. Naked Batman is just Bruce Wayne.

#39 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

In my opinion, *alternates between vomiting and screaming*

Care to elaborate or are you just here to make yourself look stupid?

#40 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

#41 Posted by ThePickle (4184 posts) -

What was the MBMBaM episode where they read the Jersey Shore fanfic?