#1 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

What's going to happen to batmanbatmanbatman.com? I've invested years of my life into consuming the content and participating in the rich and engaging community of that website, but now it seems like the Whiskey Media buyout has just left BatmanBatmanBatman behind in the dust. Now that I think about it, the site hasn't been updated since 2010! Do any of you guys know what the future holds for BatmanBatmanBatman?

#2 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

lol

#3 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

same thing as rivalvideogamewebsite.com, IT'S GOING DOWN.

#4 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

What I would love to know is what the Giant Bomb and Tested staff think about the collateral damage they've done to the other sites by deciding to join CBS and BermanBrawn, but that's me dreaming, they've never been upfront with this kind of stuff. I bet they don't give a shit about Rorie... Sorry, I'm just sad about screened :( The Anime Vice community is starting to get paranoid. I bet that place will get shut down. I know no one here cares about that place but they have a very strong community that deserve to be taken into consideration.

#5 Posted by shway (176 posts) -

they care for Rorie they have been friends with him for years. His blog post makes it sound that he did leave on his own accord. As jeff has said before...anime is for jerks.

#6 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Man, that really suck that they are just leaving batmanbatmanbatman.com like that. I wish them well in the future :(

#7 Posted by Murtaug (308 posts) -

Screened is not going any where, yeah it is sad to see Rorie go, but he is leaving of his own regard and I am sure he can land a job elsewhere. He is a driven guy with a good portfolio of work behind him and a lot of people that will follow him to wherever his ventures take him next. I hope Rorie the best, he always seemed like a really cool guy, without him, Screened is dead to me now.

Giant Bomb and Tested did nothing to the other sites, Whiskey Media, their parent company sold them to other companies. The guys were probably clued into this to some degree, but they can not be blamed for what happens to the other sites. Comic Vine lives on and will probably grow now that they are attached to a larger company that can spare more resources for them. Anime Vice, I never visited, and I hope the site can move forward if only for those that use and love the site. In the end though, if the site can not find a way to be profitable it is probably going to die. That is just the way of the business world, as mean as that is.

#8 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@shway said:

As jeff has said before...anime is for jerks.

Yup. Anime Vice people practically exist separately the way it is. I'm sure that community will just migrate elsewhere.

#9 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

and what's up with homestarrunner?! that site hasn't been updated in ages I BLAME CBSi

#10 Posted by 71Ranchero (2738 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

and what's up with homestarrunner?! that site hasn't been updated in ages I BLAME CBSi

Salt the wound why dont you. Curse the Brothers Chap! Curse them to heck!

#11 Posted by punkxblaze (2972 posts) -

@Animasta said:

RVGW now redirects to Gamespot. Amazing.

#12 Posted by bonbolapti (1611 posts) -

Batmanbermanbraun.com

there.

#13 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I will do whatever it takes to keep BBB running. I will fund it myself if I have to.

#14 Posted by Narx (173 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

I will do whatever it takes to keep BBB running. I will fund it myself if I have to.

LETS KICKSTART IT

#15 Posted by MostlyBearded (191 posts) -

@Narx said:

@nintendoeats said:

LETS KICKSTART IT

SHOW ME YOUR REWARD TIERS!

#16 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

It took like 2 weeks to come up with this joke?

#17 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

@I_smell said:

It took like 2 weeks to come up with this joke?

I'm a little slow with this stuff, but that means that when I have a hit, I really knock it out of the park!

#18 Posted by TheHT (11155 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

@Animasta said:

Perfect.

#19 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

@Deusx said:

What I would love to know is what the Giant Bomb and Tested staff think about the collateral damage they've done to the other sites by deciding to join CBS and BermanBrawn, but that's me dreaming, they've never been upfront with this kind of stuff. I bet they don't give a shit about Rorie... Sorry, I'm just sad about screened :( The Anime Vice community is starting to get paranoid. I bet that place will get shut down. I know no one here cares about that place but they have a very strong community that deserve to be taken into consideration.

You're an idiot if you think the GB/Tested editors are somehow behind this. Startups get sold off, that's just how internet business works. Don't blame Jeff/Ryan/Will/Norm for something Shelby Bonnie did.

#20 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

@Deusx said:

You're an idiot if you think the GB/Tested editors are somehow behind this. Startups get sold off, that's just how internet business works. Don't blame Jeff/Ryan/Will/Norm for something Shelby Bonnie did.

And calling someone an idiot for asking a question really makes you look smart right?

#21 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@Deusx said:

@Dallas_Raines said:

@Deusx said:

And calling someone an idiot for asking a question really makes you look smart right?

Only kind of smart. If he threw in some racial slurs, insinuations about the posters mom, and some homophobic comments he would be considered the next Steve Hawking.

#22 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (232 posts) -

OH NO! WHAT EVER WILL YOU DO KNOW?!

(Life)

#23 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

WHAT ABOUT GAMEBOMB.RU????!?!?!?!?

#24 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@MostlyBearded said:

@Narx said:

@nintendoeats said:

LETS KICKSTART IT

Contribute any money: 50% discount on a subscription to batmanbatmanbatman.com

$596 or more: Previous reward + a (slightly used) @batmanbatmanbatman.com email address.

$1012 or more: Previous Rewards + a high-res (digital) print of a portion of the batmanbatmanbatman.com header, signed by MattyFTM's mother.

$50999 or more: Half of a ham sandwich from the corner store closest to the new Giant Bomb offices. International funders will be charged $24.93 USD for shipping. Does not include previous rewards.

#25 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

Steve Hawking.

Classy.

#26 Posted by AgentMOO (186 posts) -

To be replaced with CSI Batman, NCIS Batman and CSI Miami-ass batman

#27 Posted by Ben_H (3343 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:

@MostlyBearded said:

@Narx said:

@nintendoeats said:

LETS KICKSTART IT

Contribute any money: 50% discount on a subscription to batmanbatmanbatman.com

$596 or more: Previous reward + a (slightly used) @batmanbatmanbatman.com email address.

$1012 or more: Previous Rewards + a high-res (digital) print of a portion of the batmanbatmanbatman.com header, signed by MattyFTM's mother.

$50999 or more: Half of a ham sandwich from the corner store closest to the new Giant Bomb offices. International funders will be charged $24.93 USD for shipping. Does not include previous rewards.

$775 million: The Staples Center for a day along with portion of ham sandwich. Leigh Alexander optional.
#28 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

@AgentMOO said:

I knew it!

#29 Posted by BonOrbitz (2183 posts) -

@AgentMOO said:

...with the addition of Two Broke Batgirls and Two and a Half Batmen?

#30 Posted by Snail (8595 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

@Animasta said:

I noticed that now too. Holy shit, that's awesome.