#1 Edited by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

THE QUESTION (WEEK 1)

Hey guys. I decided to make a topic with an interesting topic every week, where the Giant Bomb community can discuss interesting things. I've been reading how the maturity of the community has gone down, so what better way to increase it by having intelligent conversations? This week's question is how do girls think?

Honestly, how do they think? I don't understand how they can go from liking someone one day and then ignoring them the next day. Have you guys been in a similar situation? How did you handle the situation and do you still bother going after them? Also, do you girls have any insight on this question?
#2 Posted by elko84 (1023 posts) -

girls will never be understandable

#3 Posted by lolicanseeyou (527 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
 This week's question is how do girls think? Honestly, how do they think? I don't understand how they can go from liking someone one day and then ignoring them the next day. Have you guys been in a similar situation? How did you handle the situation and do you still bother going after them? Also, do you girls have any insight on this question? "

@elko84 said:
" girls will never be understandable "
what u two just dont understand girls, u just have to be confidant nice, and not ugly as hell and they will talk to you like best buds, just don't get pissed if every 5 weeks the get pissed at you.
#4 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@lolicanseeyou said:
" @ISuperGamerI said:
 This week's question is how do girls think? Honestly, how do they think? I don't understand how they can go from liking someone one day and then ignoring them the next day. Have you guys been in a similar situation? How did you handle the situation and do you still bother going after them? Also, do you girls have any insight on this question? "

@elko84 said:
what u two just dont understand girls, u just have to be confidant nice, and not ugly as hell and they will talk to you like best buds, just don't get pissed if every 5 weeks the get pissed at you. "
That's not the problem, I can talk to them just fine. It's just that they never seem to know what they want and it kills guys.
#5 Posted by lolicanseeyou (527 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @lolicanseeyou said:
" @ISuperGamerI said:

@elko84 said:
what u two just dont understand girls, u just have to be confidant nice, and not ugly as hell and they will talk to you like best buds, just don't get pissed if every 5 weeks the get pissed at you. "
That's not the problem, I can talk to them just fine. It's just that they never seem to know what they want and it kills guys. "
what, my gf tells me specifically what she want, (eg get me a sandwich from starbucks and a coffe americano large with a hint of peppermint)
#6 Edited by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

From my experience, 95% of them automatically put you in the friend zone if they dont find you attractive. The other 4.9% are sluts that will sleep with anything that has a dick and a pulse and the last .1% are actually rational human beings.

#7 Posted by JackiJinx (3087 posts) -

We think of only one thing: what side dish do you go with best?

#8 Posted by masternater27 (915 posts) -

I'd say they're just as messed up as guys, just in different ways.

#9 Edited by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Any girl that you have to question why they do what they do is probably a bitch. The girls you want to be with are rational and perfectly understandable, like regular humans. 

#10 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

the only girls i know of have a very bad attitude towards anyone that isn't attractive as far as i'm concerned.. which is probably why my look on them is so negative. 

#11 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Women are extremely horny on their period, just so you know.

#12 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" Women are extremely horny on their period, just so you know. "
Which is ironically the only time i don't want to sleep with them.
#13 Posted by Hailinel (23658 posts) -

Girls think with their brains, of course.

#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" Girls think with their brains, of course. "
well shit.  

clearly this is the most logical answer. 
#15 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

With emotions, if ppl here doesn't know (as expected) They don't think logically, that's why they jump from topics to topics in a conversation, they are emotional creatures. 

If hilary clinton was president, she would nuke a country if she had pms.

#16 Edited by CharlesSurge (126 posts) -
@Gunner said:

"...95% of them automatically put you in the friend zone..."

I'm just in college, but I agree with this. Their initial impressions/classifications of you are a big deal. I'm naturally a loner, so I think that kinda enigmatic nature has provided some opportunities; I don't become friend-zoned immediately because I'm not initially introduced as a friend of a friend. I don't meet many people/girls, but that's what I think. 

For the talk of girls being emotional, too many seem scared of saying anything on an individual level. That seems to hold unless they spout some BS to self-promote/sound badass, which only shows they don't really know what badass is. 
#17 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" Any girl that you have to question why they do what they do is probably a bitch. The girls you want to be with are rational and perfectly understandable, like regular humans.  "
Well said but I wish that I could actually find a rational and understandable girl.
#18 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" Women are extremely horny on their period, just so you know. "
They're also very aggressive and unfriendly to other people.
#19 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

girls are great. the mystery is great. although. its really not much of a mystery these days

#20 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1899 posts) -

THE ANSWER: they don't, amirite people!?

#21 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @DanielJW said:
" Any girl that you have to question why they do what they do is probably a bitch. The girls you want to be with are rational and perfectly understandable, like regular humans.  "
Well said but I wish that I could actually find a rational and understandable girl. "
Think of all the douchebag guys you know. It's just as hard to find guys that are worth it. It just seems like there are more because you probably hang around with nice guys.
#22 Posted by Shirogane (3562 posts) -

Doesn't Chie say something along the lines of "Feel, don't think!' or something during her battle victory poses? 
Or am i totally off...
#23 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

Yeah, this is offensive. Good times.

#24 Posted by Dalai (6972 posts) -

Girls think with their brain, men think with their penises. It's all explained in that BiffMcBlumpkin topic with the inconspicuous cocks.

#25 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

I only found this thread because I just searched for "inconspicuous cocks."
#26 Posted by Capum15 (4788 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" Girls think with their brain, men think with their penises. It's all explained in that BiffMcBlumpkin topic with the inconspicuous cocks. "
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" I only found this thread because I just searched for "inconspicuous cocks." "
And this is why I love the bomb.
#27 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Mel Gibson did a movie on this and it answers everything.

#28 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

#29 Posted by TBird13 (107 posts) -

Women are just like men. 
Just better, because they have lady parts.  

#30 Posted by JasonDaPsycho (429 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" Girls think with their brain, men think with their penises. It's all explained in that BiffMcBlumpkin topic with the inconspicuous cocks. "
exactly what I thought...
#31 Posted by JJWeatherman (14552 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" Doesn't Chie say something along the lines of "Feel, don't think!' or something during her battle victory poses? Or am i totally off... "
I'm pretty sure it's "Don't think, feel!". But yeah. What are we even talking about?  :P
#32 Posted by clush (409 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" Girls think with their brains, of course. "
You've never actually met a girl, have you?
#33 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

Women benefit from their lack of need for logic. They don't have to play by the same laws of reality as you do. Were you standing so far away from that other lady, that it would be physically impossible for you to grab her ass? Too bad, if your girlfriend gets it in her head that you DID do it, then you did. No way around it.

THIS is why I'm gay. Sort of. A little bit, anyway.

#34 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@Dalai said:

"Girls think with their brain, men think with their penises. It's all explained in that BiffMcBlumpkin topic with the inconspicuous cocks. "

Girls doesn't think logically, only the ugly ones. Ever talked to one of them before? I have unlike most here I have. They can't get to the point and keep talking. They are all ADD that thinks with emotions. However it's true what you said about guys, however guys are always trying to be logical in relationships, always trying to fix problems instead of using emotions. Guys runs the government, they are logical thinkers, they build things all around us.

I would also like to add what chris rock said, we can never defeat a women in an arguement, we are handicapped because we have a need to, make sense.

#35 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -
@Gunner said:
" From my experience, 95% of them automatically put you in the friend zone if they dont find you attractive. The other 4.9% are sluts that will sleep with anything that has a dick and a pulse and the last .1% are actually rational human beings. "
Gunner is a wise man, listen to him
#36 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Ladies think with their brains.  The both of them.

#37 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -
@Mmmslash said:
" Women benefit from their lack of need for logic. They don't have to play by the same laws of reality as you do. Were you standing so far away from that other lady, that it would be physically impossible for you to grab her ass? Too bad, if your girlfriend gets it in her head that you DID do it, then you did. No way around it.  THIS is why I'm gay. Sort of. A little bit, anyway. "
I'd say it's one of the reasons I (don't know about you) am happy to be gay.
#38 Posted by Sadisticham (278 posts) -

Girls...think? How much thinking is needed to make a sandwich for me?

#39 Posted by armaan8014 (5312 posts) -

They're impossible to understand. Don't even try to.

#40 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Nice misogyny, team fatuous generalisation. Shall we move onto different ethnicities and cultures to increase the volume of insulting remarks? It must suck being a female gamer if this is the drivel they're exposed to on a regular basis.
Protip: if anything studies into gender show that men are arguably worse than women, thanks to heightened aggressivity etc. We are at least equally irrational, if not worse because the effects of male irrationality tend to be destructive to human/animal life. But hey, keep posting, threads like these prove the exact opposite of what you're trying to prove.

#41 Edited by Castiel (2517 posts) -

You don't need to know what women think, just be smooth like Arnold in this clip and then you will get ze women:

#42 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2477 posts) -
@masternater27 said:
" I'd say they're just as messed up as guys, just in different ways. "
Yep. It's a species thing, not gender.
#43 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@Castiel said:

"   You don't need to know what women think, just be smooth like Arnold in this clip and then you will get ze women:

"
The best video i've seen all weekend, thank you, good sir.
#44 Posted by BeepBeepBoop (95 posts) -
@Castiel said:
"  You don't need to know what women think, just be smooth like Arnold in this clip and then you will get ze women:
"

Thank you sir, astounding.
#45 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

If it's glittering, it's a buy.  I think that's why all girls love Twilight.  The protagonist glitters...and girls love glitter.

#46 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

Lets make the forums more mature by discussing a topic I worried about when I was 11 years old!

Women think like humans, just like men do.

#47 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -

My girlfriend broke up with me yesterday morning with a text and we are talking tonight.

#48 Edited by Prince_Laharl (20 posts) -

well mine's more interesting but it was locked...
Q: ARE U A BOY OR GIRL?

#49 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

This is your idea of an "intelligent conversation"? Seriously?

#50 Posted by Asrahn (552 posts) -

Women tend to think emotionally, and have the annoying tendency of making up beautiful or great plans in their minds, and then getting pissed when things doesn't go exactly like they imagined them. Since humans need something to project their anger on, us men is what gets caught in the crossfire.

Add to this that the woman's plans usually include a male, and that the male usually is not aware of this. It is even highly possible that the female may believe, in their excitement, to have actually talked to the male about her plans - which explains why most men are accused for having a bad memory.

Additionally, women also have the tendency of, whenever they're angry over something silly, realize that they're being silly, and thus get even more angry. This anger is then, naturally, let out on any nearby men.

Women are like you and me, when we are in our most obnoxious, picky mood, deprived of food for a day or two and with a scorching sun on our backs. That they can also be very sweet is what makes them so interesting.