The return of Al Pacino?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

Like Samuel L. Jackson and Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino has been making nothing but crap movies for years now. I was thinking about this this morning, when suddenly I come across this news article on ImbdPro, which brought my hopes up.

"Al Pacino"
, who has long been interested in tackling the character of Napoleon, is on tap to play the French emperor in a screen adaptation of Staton Rabin's children's book "Betsy and the Emperor."

Al Pacino is playing Napoleon, a role he has been looking forward to, apparently. Perhaps this might be his great comeback, playing his dream role in the performance of a lifetime. What do you think? Is this going ot be Oscar worthy or absolute crap?

Seriously, the last great movie Al Pacino did was The Insider in 1999, ever since it has been either pretty good,average, or crap. Where is the actor from The Godfather Part I and Part II? Scent of a Woman?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

Yeah, it's sad to see great actors like Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro continually doing bad movies for the past decade.  I want to see them in Oscar-quality movies again.  Hopefully this Napoleon movie turns out well.  Movies based on Napoleon's life will always have a chance to be superb.  I don't know anything about the book Betsy and the Emperor but since it's a children's book, it doesn't give me too much hope for the movie adaptation.

Who knows.  Hopefully he and DeNiro can turn around their careers.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

They're getting a old now.  They've already shown they can act, nowadays I guess they can't find any suitable roles in good movies.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"They're getting a old now.  They've already shown they can act, nowadays I guess they can't find any suitable roles in good movies."
True. There is a ridiculous amount of crap movies out there.
Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Aurelito

What similarities does he have with a blond man? considering this, this movie turns out to be a crap. otherwise they will choose another famous actor instead of a Crime genre star.

Edit: Napoleon was Italian yeah but he was blond.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

Pacino did The Merchant of Venice, which was great. But I agree, recently in movies like Two for the Money and The Recruit he has been crap. Let's hope for the best since he's one of my favorite actors.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Plus there are plenty of younger actors will to work for less.  With a sizable name behind them.

I was kinda hoping to hear more about rumors of Pacino playing Salvidor Dali in a bio-pic. 

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#8  Edited By vigorousjammer

They're only bad because you have such high hopes for them...

Back then, before they made a name for themselves, you weren't expecting any amazing acting, and they delivered, and you were amazed!

Also, half of the acting is done by the editors in post-production. depending on how they cut the clips it could make the difference between an amazing scene or a really shitty scene.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Gunner
Aurelito said:
"What similarities does he have with a blond man? considering this, this movie turns out to be a crap. otherwise they will choose another famous actor instead of a Crime genre star.Edit: Napoleon was Italian yeah but he was blond."
link please? all the paintings ive seen of him show that he has brown hair.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

It could be good, but I don't think this role will put him back up there, so to speak.

He was good as Shylock in the Merchant of Venice.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose
Aurelito said:
"What similarities does he have with a blond man? considering this, this movie turns out to be a crap. otherwise they will choose another famous actor instead of a Crime genre star.Edit: Napoleon was Italian yeah but he was blond."
Even if Napoleon was blonde (which I doubt)...he can easilly get his hair dyed.