• 165 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

He just returned on RAW. I suppose he got tired of stealing Vin Diesel's career.

#2 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Fuck that was amazing. I marked out like a little girl. Dude talked for like 20 minutes and the entire time, chills. He said he's returned to never leave again, and I really hope he's being honest.

#3 Edited by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Vin Diesel is Riddick. Therefore Vin Diesel > The Rock. 
 
Also, I think the proper pronunciation is "wrastlin".

#4 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Plenty of wrestlers stay in there and manage to work in the occasional role of "giant thug" in random action movies at the same time.

#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
Well he is the people's champ so there's that?
#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
Well he is the people's champ so there's that? "
He's also the fucking tooth fairy, fuck Dwayne Johnson.
#7 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Too bad I haven't cared about wrestling for about 10 years.

#8 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

He cut a 20ish minute promo and dissed John Cena. It was godly.

#9 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" Vin Diesel is Riddick. Therefore Vin Diesel > The Rock. "
Well what I meant was had The Rock never left wrestling. Vin Diesel would have gotten all of The Rock's roles.
#10 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

FINALLY.......
 
Great to see Dwayne back on WWE television - dropping cursewords and f-bombs on PG TV as the censors struggle to keep up with him...not to mention how he managed to bury John Cena's 7 year reign at the top in 2 minutes.
 
If you smell what the Rock is cookin.

#11 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" Vin Diesel is Riddick. Therefore Vin Diesel > The Rock. "
Damn straight! He's gonna kill you with a tea cup! :P
#12 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

Vid or it didn't happen.

#13 Posted by Milkman (17311 posts) -

I hadn't watched wrestling in a long time but I heard about the rumor and tuned it for the end. And I'm not gonna lie. I marked the fuck out. 

#14 Posted by RankRabbit (394 posts) -

Sounds like he's just going to be hosting wrestlemania to me. I only happened to spot him while changing channels, he would be crazy to start wrestling again with the 20 randy orton-esque nxt bore-fest wrestlers and that idiot stephanie mcmahon being head of talent.

#15 Posted by Dross (311 posts) -

So sad.  Johnson is so much more talented than this.

#16 Posted by carlthenimrod (1599 posts) -

He must have run out of all that Doom money.

#17 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" I hadn't watched wrestling in a long time but I heard about the rumor and tuned it for the end. And I'm not gonna lie. I marked the fuck out.  "
yep! same here. 
#18 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@carlthenimrod said:
" He must have run out of all that Doom money. "
Sweet sweet Doom money
#19 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
" @carlthenimrod said:
" He must have run out of all that Doom money. "
Sweet sweet Doom money "
Don't be stupid.  All the money was from his role in Walking Tall.
#20 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life.
#21 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

you know who killed the macho action stars? 
 
them twilight vampires and werewolfs did. 
5 years from now sparkly dudes and furry dudes will be all the rage. 

#22 Posted by august (3865 posts) -
@Dross said:
" So sad.  Johnson is so much more talented than this. "
Agreed.
#23 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -

Haters gonna hate, but Rock just showed everyone why everyone working in the company ATM can't hold a candle to The Rock.
 
 
Think about what would happen if WWE hired a real TV star to do a promo instead of the Tooth Fairy.

#24 Posted by MechaDestroyer (40 posts) -

You know what? In this era of John Cena (whose entire gimmick is that he's a 13-year old douchebag) giving weak promos calling people "ham sandwiches" and talking about his "mom taking away his Warcraft account" I welcome The Rock back.  It's about time someone showed the Cena children what a REAL smack-talking was all about.  Last year, when Stone Cold returned and Cena came out to the ring, I marked out a little when Stone Cold crouched down as if to give Cena a Stunner.
#25 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
#26 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" @kingzetta said:
" @carlthenimrod said:
" He must have run out of all that Doom money. "
Sweet sweet Doom money "
Don't be stupid.  All the money was from his role in Walking Tall. "
Hey Doom was German tax shelter money. That's where the real money is at.
#27 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@august said:
" @Dross said:
" So sad.  Johnson is so much more talented than this. "
Agreed. "
Lolno, if either of you even knew what you were talking about, instead of being blind wrestling haters you would know that anything he has ever done in WWF/WWE is better than anything he has ever done in his entire movie career. 
#28 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
I'm not sure how others use it. I use for when something is so great it makes me forget about the scripted nature of WWE and just makes me want to scream like i'm 10 again.
#29 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
Since the beginning of wrestling. 
#30 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
Marked is stupid lingo that internet wrestling fans use. Just forget you saw it and move on.
#31 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Mcfart said:
" @Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
Marked is stupid lingo that internet wrestling fans use. Just forget you saw it and move on. "
It's not internet lingo when it's been around since the beginning of professional wrestling dude.
#32 Posted by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

watched the end of raw because I couldnt sleep  (its 4:30am here)  
 
the dude can still yell into a mic.    will be watching mania and hoping to be entertained.  watching it the last few years has been kind of a chore.  I guess he will be putting over Cener like Hogan did with him back at mania 17?   or was it18?   passing the touch and what not. 
    
come to think of it the rock leaving wwe was kind of my stopping point with wresting.    never really keep up with it outside of mania and just turning it on when there is nothing on.
 
 
 
 

 
 
#33 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

  

#34 Posted by Brendan (8124 posts) -
@niamahai said:
" you know who killed the macho action stars?  them twilight vampires and werewolfs did. 5 years from now sparkly dudes and furry dudes will be all the rage.  "
Yeah...macho action stars were dead for about 15 years before Twilight dude.  They were replaced by "gritty".  Also, you give far too much importance to those movies.  They're one movie series, get over it.
#35 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@august said:
" @Dross said:
" So sad.  Johnson is so much more talented than this. "
Agreed. "
Agree with both of you.
#36 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Mcfart said:
" @Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
Marked is stupid lingo that internet wrestling fans use. Just forget you saw it and move on. "
It's not internet lingo when it's been around since the beginning of professional wrestling dude. "
Nowadays only Internet fans use it, and Matt Striker, who got removed from the announcers table after saying "I marked" on television.
 
It's stupid.
#37 Posted by Gonmog (602 posts) -
@Mcfart said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Mcfart said:
" @Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
Marked is stupid lingo that internet wrestling fans use. Just forget you saw it and move on. "
It's not internet lingo when it's been around since the beginning of professional wrestling dude. "
Nowadays only Internet fans use it, and Matt Striker, who got removed from the announcers table after saying "I marked" on television.  It's stupid. "
As someone who used to watch a good bit a few years back. This is wrong. Its still a thing that is said among all fans. Its right up there with Face/Heel and what not.
#38 Posted by Zippedbinders (1033 posts) -

I was real into it in the late 90s until, like, 2004ish. I just started watching it within the past few months because its the only thing really on at that time slot, so I've become accustomed to the characters and personalities they have right now. As much as I do enjoy it, its nothing compared to the charisma and gimmicks they've used in the past (though Santino Marella and John Morrisson have considerable amounts of character), but after watching Johnson just go on for 20 minutes and pretty much own every second of it, I was instantly 12 again. Loved every second of it. But honestly, I can't see him sticking around for anything more than a handful of big matches to prove a point.

#39 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:
" @august said:
" @Dross said:
" So sad.  Johnson is so much more talented than this. "
Agreed. "
Agree with both of you. "
@CL60 said: 
Lolno, if either of you even knew what you were talking about, instead of being blind wrestling haters you would know that anything he has ever done in WWF/WWE is better than anything he has ever done in his entire movie career.  "
#40 Posted by l4wd0g (2017 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

" Vin Diesel is Riddick. Therefore Vin Diesel > The Rock.  Also, I think the proper pronunciation is "wrastlin". "

Vin Diesel is The Pacifier. 
#41 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -
@Gonmog said:
" @Mcfart said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Mcfart said:
" @Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
Marked is stupid lingo that internet wrestling fans use. Just forget you saw it and move on. "
It's not internet lingo when it's been around since the beginning of professional wrestling dude. "
Nowadays only Internet fans use it, and Matt Striker, who got removed from the announcers table after saying "I marked" on television.  It's stupid. "
As someone who used to watch a good bit a few years back. This is wrong. Its still a thing that is said among all fans. Its right up there with Face/Heel and what not. "
Again pal, it's not used in kayfabe land, nor do the kiddies (99% of the current fanbase) know what it means. So take your "mark" and shove it up your candy ass.
#42 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

Seriously? That's actually kinda interesting. I don't think that even this can get me to watch wrestling though.

#43 Posted by august (3865 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @EvilTwin said:
" @august said:
" @Dross said:
" So sad.  Johnson is so much more talented than this. "
Agreed. "
Agree with both of you. "
@CL60 said: 
Lolno, if either of you even knew what you were talking about, instead of being blind wrestling haters you would know that anything he has ever done in WWF/WWE is better than anything he has ever done in his entire movie career.  "
"
Just for the record putting "Lol" at the beginning of your sentence isn't a great way to get people to take what you have to say seriously. Even when the topic is big sweaty-man soap operas.
#44 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" Seriously? That's actually kinda interesting. I don't think that even this can get me to watch wrestling though. "
It was pretty amazing, but he was only on for 20 minutes.................and the show was over 2 hours.
#45 Posted by Milkman (17311 posts) -
@Mcfart: What does that mean? They don't say things like "heel" or "face" on the show either and I'm sure the kids don't know what that means either. So, does that mean no one should say that either? I don't understand what you're trying to prove here.
#46 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@august said:
" @CL60 said:
" @EvilTwin said:
" @august said:
" @Dross said:
" So sad.  Johnson is so much more talented than this. "
Agreed. "
Agree with both of you. "
@CL60 said: 
Lolno, if either of you even knew what you were talking about, instead of being blind wrestling haters you would know that anything he has ever done in WWF/WWE is better than anything he has ever done in his entire movie career.  "
"
Just for the record putting "Lol" at the beginning of your sentence isn't a great way to get people to take what you have to say seriously. Even when the topic is big sweaty-man soap operas. "
Just for the record, you're still wrong. But you'd rather criticize the use of "lol". "BAWWW YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUS AT ALL TIMES ON THE INTERWEBS!"
#47 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

I'm not a wrestling fan but this was pretty cool.  My cousin forced me to watch Raw but that ending was fantastic.  Reminded me of how much I liked the Rock when I was a youngster.   
 
He's really cool and I wish he had a better movie career, but oh well.  This is cool too.

#48 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

    To all you haters, it doesn't matter what you think!  
  

#49 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I should've gone to the show. I was broke & couldn't afford tickets, so I guess that's an excuse, but the arena is only 20 minutes away from my apartment. And my FAVORITE wrestler of all time, The Rock shows up. FUCK

#50 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" @Mcfart: What does that mean? They don't say things like "heel" or "face" on the show either and I'm sure the kids don't know what that means either. So, does that mean no one should say that either? I don't understand what you're trying to prove here. "
Hes not trying to prove anything, he's just being difficult for the sake of arguing.