" @Mcfart said:
" @Andorski said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" ...people care? "
I've never marked out so hard in my life. "
So... when did this become a thing?
"
Marked is stupid lingo that internet wrestling fans use. Just forget you saw it and move on. "
It's not internet lingo when it's been around since the beginning of professional wrestling dude. "
Nowadays only Internet fans use it, and Matt Striker, who got removed from the announcers table after saying "I marked" on television.  It's stupid. "
As someone who used to watch a good bit a few years back. This is wrong. Its still a thing that is said among all fans. Its right up there with Face/Heel and what not. "
Again pal, it's not used in kayfabe land, nor do the kiddies (99% of the current fanbase) know what it means. So take your "mark" and shove it up your candy ass. "
Are  you 99% of the kiddies? Or for that matter do you read any of the press, web based or other, that is not based on the stories of the shows? Cause they still use that term. So that means that the term is still in use along with Face and heel and every other odd term that is used only for wrestling. 
And man are people sort of pricks on the boards or what. I have just started to post on here after mostly just reading and it seems so many people just want to kick others in the nuts in place of having a real talk. How about this, you go out and PROVE to me that it is not a term that fans still use (and ...wait wtf am i doing. Fans use the fucking web so if they use it on the web that means its still being used.....by fans over all....ugg... i give up. )
#53 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
" @Andorski said:
" @kingzetta said:
" @carlthenimrod said:
" He must have run out of all that Doom money. "
Sweet sweet Doom money "
Don't be stupid.  All the money was from his role in Walking Tall. "
Hey Doom was German tax shelter money. That's where the real money is at. "
Just imagine how much money he'll be making now with FPW (First Person Wrestling).
#54 Posted by ScionOfThor (26 posts) -

I like how they censored Rock the first time, and then he just got so awesome they just said fuck it and he proceeded to bury Cena and Miz in like 2 minutes
#55 Edited by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

its on the youtubez 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oewvC3UQZRM     

that crowd reaction.... THATS whats missing from wrestling today.     

edit... also the rocks entrance Theme was pretty rockin'.      just a simple riff,  simple drums and a dude shredding.   

#56 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

#57 Posted by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!!!

#58 Edited by csl316 (8675 posts) -

Haven't watched wrestling in about 8 years.  But when I go back to watch old Rock promos I end up wasting at least an hour doing so (especially during his feuds with Austin).

This is good news.  Now watch this man get destroyed by words:

#59 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
#60 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Holy shit, really? 
anyone have a link to it?
#61 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Who cares, Dwayne Johnson sucks as an actor and as a wrestler.

#62 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Bloodgraiv3 said:

" Holy shit, really? anyone have a link to it? "

#63 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

I wonder if hes back back or he just said he will never leave to get the people rilled up then come wrestlemanias end he just splits for another 7 years.
#64 Posted by Cowmeat (142 posts) -
@CL60:  thanks for putting that up
#65 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" I wonder if hes back back or he just said hell never leave to get the people rilled up then come werestlemanias end he just splits for another 7 years. "
He probably meant that he won't disappear again for a long time and will make appearances. Similar to the other legends. But you never know, maybe he actually is back.
#66 Posted by Milkman (16798 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" I wonder if hes back back or he just said hell never leave to get the people rilled up then come werestlemanias end he just splits for another 7 years. "
I don't think he would have made a point to say "never, ever leave again" if he didn't at least plan on staying for at least a little while. That seems like something that people would hold you to. 
#67 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@CL60: 

I hope thats hes back to doing stuff in wrestling. Honestly, WWE needs someone like him right now.
#68 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@Milkman:

Wrestling says alot of things.
#69 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Is he actually back? 
has he took back his real name again?
#70 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@Bloodgraiv3:

Well, he refered to himself as The Rock more then he did Dwayne Johnson when he was on RAW tonight. Lets be honest, hes The Rock. Always will be.
#71 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Bloodgraiv3 said:
" Is he actually back? has he took back his real name again? "
Watch the video. He only says he's gonna talk to us as Dwayne for a second and tells us he's never gonna leave again, then goes and starts doing his catch phrases and says some other stuff.
#72 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@CL60:

God I loved seeing him rip into Cole,Cena and the Miz. I really hope hes here for a good long while. take a break from the movies I say.
#73 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" Is he actually back? has he took back his real name again? "
Watch the video. He only says he's gonna talk to us as Dwayne for a second and tells us he's never gonna leave again, then goes and starts doing his catch phrases and says some other stuff. "

thats actually really really awesome.

@Raven_Sword said:
"@Bloodgraiv3: Well, he refered to himself as The Rock more then he did Dwayne Johnson when he was on RAW tonight. Lets be honest, hes The Rock. Always will be. "

That honestly wont change, no matter what he tries to do with his name.

#74 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" @CL60: God I loved seeing him rip into Cole,Cena and the Miz. I really hope hes here for a good long while. take a break from the movies I say. "
He could have easily just not said that one line, but he did. So it gives me hope that he's going to be back for a little while. But he may have just meant that he will sign a legends contract and show up occasionally or be special guests on stuff like Stone Cold.
#75 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@Bloodgraiv3: 

its like putting lip stick and a dress on a pig. Its nicer, but its still a pig.
#76 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@CL60:   I'm not really sure what that means.  I used to be quite taken with wrestling.  Especially during the late 90s when the Rock was at the height of his popularity.  The fact is that it's kind of a dead end job for a bodybuilder with (some) personality.  Even though he never starred in an amazing movie, his performances were generally well received.  He definitely has the chops.  Therefore I think it's too bad he's going back to wrestling where he will get no respect as an actor.
#77 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@CL60:

Honestly, hes young enough to where he can still do the wrestling I think. Lets be honest, Piper, Steamboat, Hacksaw and the other legends are a little past there prime. But Rocks arguably only in his prime now if that. What is he, 30 something?
#78 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

Honestly, even if you dont like wrestling, you should be able to appreciate the potential impact of him coming back. If he actualy stays back, then OMG, wrestling is cool again.
#79 Posted by h83r (470 posts) -
@CL60 said:
"   
"
Yes! I knew someone on Giant Bomb would have my back on this! Thank you, kind sir. 
 Anyway, The Rock definitely still has it. And the WWE has found something to make me watch again after years of staying away. 

Also, from what I know about and from what I've seen from the WWE, him saying that he will "NEVER, EVER leave again" specifically tells me that some dude is going to "conspire" against him and somehow try to get him fired. It might even be Vince McMahon that might turn on him. 
#80 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" @CL60: Honestly, hes young enough to where he can still do the wrestling I think. Lets be honest, Piper, Steamboat, Hacksaw and the other legends are a little past there prime. But Rocks arguably only in his prime now if that. What is he, 30 something? "
Yeah, he clearly is in good enough shape to do it, and honestly with Steamboat, I don't know what's up with that man, but he never ages.
#81 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@h83r:

yeah, wrestling storylines get easier to figure out the more you watch it.
#82 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@CL60:

God bless steamboat though, fool can still take a 450 splash like a champ.
#83 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
"@CL60: God bless steamboat though, fool can still take a 450 splash like a champ. "

hahaha oh god, so true. 
#84 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" @CL60: God bless steamboat though, fool can still take a 450 splash like a champ. "
Yeah, when he made that appearance with the other legends, they all looked saggy and out of shape, but you look at Steamboat, and he looked just as good as the active roster.
#85 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

Honestly, im gonna love reading that Fowler guy over at IGN.com that recaps the weeks worth of wrestling. He has a passionate hatred for michael cole.
#86 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@CL60:

Pretty sure hes a T-1000 or something.
#87 Posted by h83r (470 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" @h83r: yeah, wrestling storylines get easier to figure out the more you watch it. "
Oh, definitely! But for some reason, The Rock was always able to sort of, "transcend" the whole WWE shenanigans. I still maintain that The Rock was the greatest asset to the WWE. There are others that come very, very close, but man. The Rock was always great. He made the already great '90's Attitude era even better.
#88 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@h83r:

I would argue when he left to go do scorpion king thats when the show started going downhill. Then he came back after scorpion king, got a dumbass tatoo and acted like a dick to everybody. Now hes back playing the old rock we loved.  

IMO hes a bigger asset to WWE then even Stone Cold.
#89 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -
@CL60: all that video reminds me that his intro song was amazing.
#90 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

HOLY FUCKING GOD I HAVE NEVER MARKED OUT SO HARD IN MY LIFE FOR ANYTHING EVER

#91 Edited by h83r (470 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:

" @h83r: I would argue when eh left to go do scorpion king thats when the show started downhill. Then he came back after scorpion king, got a dumbass tatoo and acted like a dick to everybody. Now hes back playing the old rock we loved. "

Oh god! That's right! He did do a little cameo appearance where he was a dick... Man, that was pretty bad, if I remember correctly. So, I guess I take back what I said. He wasn't ALWAYS great. But man, even with that smear, his career has been simply brilliant. 

Edit - Stone Cold is definitely in the Top 5 for me. The Rock is number 1. I don't know who else would fill up the rest of the slots. DX, Kurt Angle, maybe? Ultimate Warrior?
#92 Posted by JazzyJeff (400 posts) -

Whoa, this came out of the blue. Good for the WWE. I haven't sat down to watch wrestling in like three years because things got too cheesy. Nothing against wrestling, it just went in a different direction than what I find entertaining. Really cool to see The Rock out there being The Rock.

Also, he looks like he's in the best shape of his life. Doesn't look a day older than he did ten years ago.

#93 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

The last time I watched wrasling was when Queen Elizabeth was the hottest girl in the "WWF" 
I still remember having a subscription to this when I was 8

#94 Posted by K9 (621 posts) -
Here is the link to justin tv for the whole episode if anyone wants it. Skip to 1:30 for just the rock segment.

Youtube segments for rock promo that have been already posted but are worth posting once more: 

and 

When rock said he is back for good, he most likely meant spiritually. In other words he is not going to deny his wrestling part which over the course of years he had been inclined to do in the mainstream media. 

And this is the perfect time for cena to turn heel. It's now or never.
#95 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@K9:

I hope hes back in the sense that hes gonna be wrestling again.
#96 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@K9: Cena will never turn heel, WWE is way too concerned over merchandise sales.
#97 Edited by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

Huh, I might just watch again. 

Edit: Finished watching the second video from up there and I got goosebumps, bring back so many good memories!  I will keep an eye open, FOR SURE.

#98 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@h83r:

Not sure about Angle, hes was great though. I would say my top 5 are the Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold, DX, and Triple H, although he technicaly counts for DX as well. I would also throw in Shawn Michaels there somewhere.
#99 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@ajamafalous:

What does mark mean? something to do with Twitter?
#100 Posted by K9 (621 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @K9: Cena will never turn heel, WWE is way too concerned over merchandise sales. "
There is no way cena is going to recover from this promo by being his pg face self again. Either he will have to straight heel up or be a tweener at least. Plus, there is money to be made in  heel Cena vs. Orton. 

If WWE tries to create a cena heel turn like what happened with NWO, it can be a financial success as well. NWO sold a lot of crap.