• 165 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#101 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@K9:

yeah, hogan going to NWO was big. It was funny, when lebron went to miami people were comapring that to hogan going to NWO. thats how big that was.
#102 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@K9 said:

" @CL60 said:

" @K9: Cena will never turn heel, WWE is way too concerned over merchandise sales. "
There is no way cena is going to recover from this promo by being his pg face self again. Either he will have to straight heel up or be a tweener at least. Plus, there is money to be made in  heel Cena vs. Orton.   If WWE tries to create a cena heel turn like what happened with NWO, it can be a financial success as well. NWO sold a lot of crap. "
They should've turned him heel back with the whole Nexus thing, that was a perfect opportunity. But if Rock has one final match at WM, and it's against Cena, Cena will get booed out of the building almost as bad as that time he went to that ECW PPV.
#103 Edited by Barrock (3525 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:

" @ajamafalous: What does mark mean, something to do with Twitter? "

Mark is a professional wrestling term for people who think wrestling is real.. When you mark out, you get a feeling, and you get excited, like you did when you were a kid and thought it was all completely legit.  
 
Just after RAW ended wweshop.com shut down due to traffic congestion with people trying to buy the new Rock shirt.
#104 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@CL60:

I totaly thought they were gonna do that too. Me and my friend.
#105 Posted by B0nd07 (1697 posts) -

I wish he did this a couple years ago.  My interest in wrestling has dropped significantly over the last year or so.  I don't much care for pretty much all of the new guys that have been coming in, and almost all of the vets I liked have retired, quit, been injured, or just simply disappeared (or went to Smackdown).  That said, I might check out Raw next week.

#106 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

It was funny though, before the show even started tonight I KNEW ti was the rock. It had to be given all the hints they were giving. But then they did that limo scene and showed the lady legs and I was like "WTF!? so no rock" then Rock came out and I was like "Oh WWE, you clever bastards"
#107 Posted by K9 (621 posts) -
@CL60: 
 
Yup. It was a perfect opportunity. But now the way rock went in at cena, a heel turn seems inevitable. But we will wait, and see. Anything would be better than the current version of cena. I can't wait to see all those little kids' tears.
#108 Edited by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@Barrock:

Whatever, it was hard to not freak about this. I get excited watching wrestling all the time. I freaked during the Jericho return a year or so ago and I freaked during this. Im a fan. You can still freak out and know that the thing is fake.
#109 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@K9 said:
" @CL60:   Yup. It was a perfect opportunity. But now the way rock went in at cena, a heel turn seems inevitable. But we will wait, and see. Anything would be better than the current version of cena. I can't wait to see all those little kids' tears. "
If Rock actually returns for 1 more run at WWE I could see them doing a big Cena vs Rock feud with Cena being the heel.
#110 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
@Barrock said:
" Fuck that was amazing. I marked out like a little girl. Dude talked for like 20 minutes and the entire time, chills. He said he's returned to never leave again, and I really hope he's being honest. "
Dude, me too! Hah, he got me so pumped & excited. I feel like an 8 year old again.
#111 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" It was funny though, before the show even started tonight I KNEW ti was the rock. It had to be given all the hints they were giving. But then they did that limo scene and showed the lady legs and I was like "WTF!? so no rock" then Rock came out and I was like "Oh WWE, you clever bastards" "
Honestly, when the show was almost over and they had the girl out in the ring from the chaperone, and were talking about Triple H, I thought it was going to be Triple H, then they showed the female legs, then I didn't know what to think, then they did that epic lights turning off thing with big noises, then I knew it was The Rock.
#112 Edited by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@CL60:

Well, it was a given when they started doing the blue electricity. I thought the female legs were stephanie mcmahon, but then I thought "why would they hype her so much?"
#113 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@K9:

Itll be weird to see Cena turn heel if he does. Honestly, I kinda like the dude. I think hes funny on the mic. Not The Rock funny, but funny.
#114 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" @K9: Itll be weird to see Cena turn heel if he does. Honestly, I kinda like the dude. I think hes funny on the mic. Not The Rock funny, but funny. "
He's getting better. He used to just make stupid jokes. I laughed at one of the things Cena said today. 
#115 Edited by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@CL60:

I like that he sometimes makes some kind of video game or nerd joke. I think they are funny. Anyway, can anyone else that watched the Randy Orton/Sheamus match before the rock came out agree with me when i say that the end of that match seemed a bit rushed. Like "Oh shit, we need to move onto to rocks 20 minutes of epicness, better RKO this fool fast and end it" ?
#116 Posted by ajamafalous (11807 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" @Barrock: Whatever, it was hard to not freak about this. I get excited watching wrestling all the time. I freaked during the Jericho return a year or so ago and I freaked during this. Im a fan. You can still freak out and know that the thing is fake. "
I marked during Jericho's return too. And Christian's, too a lesser extent.
 
 
Cena needs to go heel (though as far as I'm concerned, that's been like four years overdue). If they build him as a tweener like they did in 2004 during his run up at JBL's championship they can still keep the merch sales, DX-style. Anything's better than Cena as a face at this point, though.
#117 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @Raven_Sword said:
" @Barrock: Whatever, it was hard to not freak about this. I get excited watching wrestling all the time. I freaked during the Jericho return a year or so ago and I freaked during this. Im a fan. You can still freak out and know that the thing is fake. "
I marked during Jericho's return too. And Christian's, too a lesser extent.
 
 
Cena needs to go heel (though as far as I'm concerned, that's been like four years overdue). If they build him as a tweener like they did in 2004 during his run up at JBL's championship they can still keep the merch sales, DX-style. Anything's better than Cena as a face at this point, though. "
Jerichos return would've been better without that stupid backstage thing.
#118 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@CL60:

Yeah, I wish he came out without any previous footage of him.
#119 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

Duuuude is he really back? Attitude era yesssss

#120 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Chillax..he's just back to wrestle in wrestlemania.

#121 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@ninjakiller:

Well, he worded it in a way that could mean hes back for atleast some time AFTER wrestlemania. I dont get why he would say he gives his word he will never ever leave if he didnt plan on staying for atleast a little bit.
#122 Edited by fazzle (296 posts) -

Rock probably won't make another in-arena appearance again until Wrestlemania, then he'll do some random BS at Mania that will fail to live up to the expectations people have set, come out the next night on Raw, say goodbye and not be seen again for another couple of years.

#123 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@fazzle said:
" Rock probably won't make another in-arena appearance again until Wrestlemania, then he'll do some random BS at Mania that will fail to live up to the expectations people have set, come out the next night on Raw, say goodbye and not be seen again for another couple of years. "
He may show up on Smackdown too, it's the 600th episode, and that's the show he was on mostly.
#124 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -
#125 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" It was funny though, before the show even started tonight I KNEW ti was the rock. It had to be given all the hints they were giving. But then they did that limo scene and showed the lady legs and I was like "WTF!? so no rock" then Rock came out and I was like "Oh WWE, you clever bastards" "
Did anyone ctually think it was going to be the Undertaker? :p 
 
My cousin legitimately believed that it was going to be Sarah Palin or her daughter.  He's convinced that the WWE is a Republican-ran organization.  He went on a rant about he wouldn't watch the event if the drug out Palin, and I was just looking at him like he was crazy.
#126 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4605 posts) -

WHAT? Ohshitshitshit I need to go download RAW RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

#127 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Just caught it and marked my damn trousers off! 
 
I MISSED YOU, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! 
 
And when he squatted and took a Big Show sized shit on John Cena's PG rated face, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. 
Heel or face, the man has the crowd in the palm of his hand the second he opens his mouth. 
Thank Gawd his kids have gotten older now so he doesn't want to make movies for them anymore, he looked in amazing shape and ready to go.

#128 Posted by J12088 (434 posts) -

Wrestling really did pass me by i think. I just watched that video above and just..theres all those fully grown adults there..i do not get it.
 
It's bad acting, silly poses and "fights" that are determind before they even begin. I can't begin to understand the appeal. This is good news tho cause it hopefully means he'll stop making shitty movies.

#129 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

The Rock returning suddenly isn't going to make the WWE non-PG.  Saying ass a couple of times doesn't mean he's going to change the entire attitude of the company.

#130 Posted by zameer (605 posts) -

Awesome, this brings back a lot of childhood memories.

#131 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Interesting. Going to have to start watching it again to see what they are going to do with him now. Assuming he is still up to his old skill I would like to see him and orton go at it in a match. Though this is the WWE we are talking about, I'm sure they will find a way to make him annoying and stupid in no time. More so then he used to be anyway.

#132 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Heh. It was fun watching it and going down the check list of all his one liners. I don't think he missed any.  

#133 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -

That was magical!

#134 Posted by Veektarius (4540 posts) -

My only question is whether what happened was wrestling got so desperate they had to bring their biggest name back, or if even the kids' movies dried up for the Rock.  I'm sure it's some combination, but which one is bigger.

#135 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

The Tooth Fairy and Escape to Witch Mountain did not seem like blockbusters.  

#136 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword: Did you notice that the song he came out to is new? 
 
  
  Definitely new.
#137 Posted by PEDRAM (7 posts) -
@Meowshi said:
" The Tooth Fairy and Escape to Witch Mountain did not seem like blockbusters.   "
Well according to screened the both made around a $55 million profit. 
#138 Posted by MikkaQ (10262 posts) -

Man, that speech made up for all those goddamn movies. It's all good, now Rock. Just keep wrastlin'.

#139 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

im watching it now.. man america deserves to rule the world. americans are fucking crazy yet so entertaining !

#140 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Wow, right after this he made a facebook page, and if you go to and keep refreshing, it's still going up every time you refresh.

#141 Posted by FlyingRat (1445 posts) -

I will never figure out why people care about professional wrestling...

#142 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
#143 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

THE PRODIGAL SON HAS RETURNED!

#144 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

The only thing that could have made that more awesome is if Stone Cold Steve Austin came out in the middle of the speech.

#145 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" The only thing that could have made that more awesome is if Stone Cold Steve Austin came out in the middle of the speech. "
They may eventually meet and do a promo together, Austin is back as a trainer in Tough Enough. 
#146 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Haven't been into wrestling for many years, but that was pretty awesome.

#147 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" The only thing that could have made that more awesome is if Stone Cold Steve Austin came out in the middle of the speech. "
They may eventually meet and do a promo together, Austin is back as a trainer in Tough Enough.  "
That'd be great, I might even watch it. Haven't watched wrestling for a damn long time.
#148 Edited by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@CL60:
Yeah, its definetly new. I cant imagine they would go through the trouble of making him a completely new one just for him to only host wrestlemania and thats it.
#149 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -
@CL60:

Well, they pretty much named the damn show after him, didnt they?
#150 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" @CL60: Yeah, its definetly new. I cant imagine they would go through the trouble of making him a completely new one just for him to only host wrestlemania and thats it. "
He's also got a new shirt.