ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By ravensword
@CL60:
Yeah, I dont know if I like the signature on the back of it, but I might get it.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#152  Edited By Undeadpool
@JerichoBlyth said:
" FINALLY.......  Great to see Dwayne back on WWE television - dropping cursewords and f-bombs on PG TV as the censors struggle to keep up with him...not to mention how he managed to bury John Cena's 7 year reign at the top in 2 minutes.  If you smell what the Rock is cookin. "
You seriously said "Finally......" without saying "THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!.......to wrestling." Tsk. Tsk.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By Jimbo

^_~

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By MachoFantastico

Say What! By far the most entertaining entertainer ever.  

Even my grandfather, who hated wrestling when I was a kid found the Rock thrilling. 

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#155  Edited By sammo21

I guess his movie career really is that bad for him right now.  He's a good actor, he just gets crap material.  He would be perfect for Black Adam in a DC comics movie.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#156  Edited By Chris2KLee

Feels more like he's coming back to hype up Fast 5 and the hit the road again. In the end, we get some amusing promos, but it'll probably do little for the talent on the roster unless he gets back in the ring, which is both unlikely and somewhat undesirable if I remember the last time he laced up his boots. Broke down old Mick Foley had to carry his ass in a tag match.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By CL60
@Chris2KLee said:
" Feels more like he's coming back to hype up Fast 5 and the hit the road again. In the end, we get some amusing promos, but it'll probably do little for the talent on the roster unless he gets back in the ring, which is both unlikely and somewhat undesirable if I remember the last time he laced up his boots. Broke down old Mick Foley had to carry his ass in a tag match. "
He didn't even mention any movies, the only thing he said about that is, "I'm not here to promote a movie" then movies were never mentioned again.
VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By VWGTI
@CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
" Feels more like he's coming back to hype up Fast 5 and the hit the road again. In the end, we get some amusing promos, but it'll probably do little for the talent on the roster unless he gets back in the ring, which is both unlikely and somewhat undesirable if I remember the last time he laced up his boots. Broke down old Mick Foley had to carry his ass in a tag match. "
He didn't even mention any movies, the only thing he said about that is, "I'm not here to promote a movie" then movies were never mentioned again. "
Watch, Wrestlemania will be sponsered by Fast 5.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Chris2KLee
@CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
He didn't even mention any movies, the only thing he said about that is, "I'm not here to promote a movie" then movies were never mentioned again. "
Fast 5 is out April 29th. Wrestlemania is April 1st. He will get his movie hyping in, and I'm sure it's part of the deal for him to come back  for this hosting stint. I'm all for it, he's an entertaining guy, but if he's not gonna lace up, then at least have him align with someone and help get them over. So far all he did was hype himself up, run down the hardest worker in the company with cheapshots, and dropped a Bieber reference.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By CL60
@Chris2KLee said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
Fast 5 is out April 29th. Wrestlemania is April 1st. He will get his movie hyping in, and I'm sure it's part of the deal for him to come back  for this hosting stint. I'm all for it, he's an entertaining guy, but if he's not gonna lace up, then at least have him align with someone and help get them over. So far all he did was hype himself up, run down the hardest worker in the company with cheapshots, and dropped a Bieber reference. "
He only said those things about Cena because of what Cena said about him. At least when Rock said those things it was a wrestling promo, not a real interview.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Chris2KLee
@CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
Fast 5 is out April 29th. Wrestlemania is April 1st. He will get his movie hyping in, and I'm sure it's part of the deal for him to come back  for this hosting stint. I'm all for it, he's an entertaining guy, but if he's not gonna lace up, then at least have him align with someone and help get them over. So far all he did was hype himself up, run down the hardest worker in the company with cheapshots, and dropped a Bieber reference. "
He only said those things about Cena because of what Cena said about him. At least when Rock said those things it was a wrestling promo, not a real interview. "
Oh I'm not blaming him, I'm sure the writing team handed him direction and told him to do it. It's just this is the same problem they had when the brought Austin back to GM. They banked on the characters popularity without him ever getting in the ring. I remember Austin would show up, cut a promo on someone and then stun them. Fun stuff for a 3 minute segment, but it you don't follow it up with a match, it's kinda wasted time. I fear the Rock will end up the same, come out, run his written promo on someone and then disappear after Mania. Leaving the company and storyline with a net-gain of almost zero.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By CL60
@Chris2KLee said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
He only said those things about Cena because of what Cena said about him. At least when Rock said those things it was a wrestling promo, not a real interview. "
Oh I'm not blaming him, I'm sure the writing team handed him direction and told him to do it. It's just this is the same problem they had when the brought Austin back to GM. They banked on the characters popularity without him ever getting in the ring. I remember Austin would show up, cut a promo on someone and then stun them. Fun stuff for a 3 minute segment, but it you don't follow it up with a match, it's kinda wasted time. I fear the Rock will end up the same, come out, run his written promo on someone and then disappear after Mania. Leaving the company and storyline with a net-gain of almost zero. "
Theres a difference between Austin and the Rock, Austin has broken his neck, and has terrible knees, and simply cannot wrestle again, while Rock is clearly in the best shape of his life.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Chris2KLee
@CL60 said:

" @Chris2KLee said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Chris2KLee said:
Oh I'm not blaming him, I'm sure the writing team handed him direction and told him to do it. It's just this is the same problem they had when the brought Austin back to GM. They banked on the characters popularity without him ever getting in the ring. I remember Austin would show up, cut a promo on someone and then stun them. Fun stuff for a 3 minute segment, but it you don't follow it up with a match, it's kinda wasted time. I fear the Rock will end up the same, come out, run his written promo on someone and then disappear after Mania. Leaving the company and storyline with a net-gain of almost zero. "
Theres a difference between Austin and the Rock, Austin has broken his neck, and has terrible knees, and simply cannot wrestle again, while Rock is clearly in the best shape of his life. "
Good shape and ring shape are 2 different things. If he is gonna wrestle, I hope he was working the ring rust off for the last month at least, because the last time he was in there it was not so great (aforementioned WM tag match with him and Foley).

Also, JR just posted on Twitter he doesn't think this means the Rock is back for anything but the short term.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By Meowshi
@FlyingRat said:
" I will never figure out why people care about professional wrestling... "
It's fun.  Sometimes at least.
Fishstick

Forum Posts