• 66 results
#1 Posted by BamurDeadd (59 posts) -

Topic says it all..

Held my ground with a few packs from Steam (THQ, PoP) and the TW Series from Amazon. How did you all do?

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6382 posts) -

I bought essentially nothing cause I already own everything I would but :/

#3 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

About £300 in gifts on Steam for all my friends, £150 for myself, so all in all pretty bad!

#4 Posted by Raven10 (1886 posts) -

I got Dishonored on the Steam sale and the latest Humble Indie Bundle and that is pretty much it.

#5 Posted by crusader8463 (14426 posts) -

You tell me. I don't think it was that bad, but spending around $80 was more then I expected going in as I already had everything I really want. I just ended up getting stuff like the POP bundle as I always wanted to get it but kept putting it off, some DLC bundles, and a couple $1-$2 indie games because why the fuck not? My biggest purchase was Dark Souls. I didn't want to get it because I always heard how terrible it was on PC and that type of repetitive artificially hard games never do anything for me. I put a few hours into it when I first got it but have yet to go back to it. I think I'm going to try again today and see if it can hook me this time.

On the plus side I played through a couple of the short indie games and it got me writing little mini reviews for games again so I guess that's something.

#6 Posted by natedawg_kz (235 posts) -

Spent about £150 on 8 games

#7 Edited by SolidOcelot (342 posts) -

I dont have a full fledged gaming PC so this is the most damage I could do to my wallet.

Kotor 1 & 2, Psychonauts, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Morrowind & Oblivion, Witcher 1

#8 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I didn't have any extra spending money, so I bought nothing. I would of liked to have bought a couple of games, but oh well.

#9 Posted by Ben_H (3406 posts) -

For Steam and whatnot, not too bad actually. Probably like $65 in total, $40 of which was Far Cry 3 so not nearly as bad as other years when I went whole hog and spent like $400. But I also am kinda running out of stuff to buy. I just bought the DoW2 pack, GalCiv pack, and Endless Space. All of which are long games that I don't have time to play but I bought them anyway. I really want to dig into Endless Space, as I haven't played a huge scale turn-based strategy game in a very long time.

I did buy some 3DS stuff at a local Boxing Day sale where it was buy 1 get 1 half off so I ended up spending about $50 on NSMB2 and Mario Kart 7. I am quite enjoying the 3DS so far. 

#10 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

about £100 on steam games, so pretty bad.

#11 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

i bought

Dark Souls

Sleeping Dogs

Mark of the Ninja

Hotline Miami

Tropico 4

Civ5 expansion

all for about £45

i also got FTL off GoG for £3.50

none games sales i spend £150 on clothes in the debahnams sale

#12 Posted by Christoffer (1890 posts) -

I only spent about $60 on the Steam sales. Mostly Indie games that I've been meaning to buy for a long time. In the end there were some bigger games that was dirt cheap that got me too (Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs).

I'm pretty happy about it, all in all.

#13 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Not bad with Hotline Miami, Don't Starve, McPixel & Sleepy Dogs game with the Nightmare/Drunken Master DLC. Glad I waited until the sales to get them to cut the prices on everything down to about half.

#14 Posted by jmood88 (396 posts) -

This was the first winter sale I was able to participate in since getting my gaming pc built and I bought way too many games:

Far Cry 3

Dishonored

Bully

Darksiders 2

GTA: San Andreas

Just Cause 2

Mafia II

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Rochard

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Streets of Rage 2 and 3

Snapshot

KOTOR 2

#15 Posted by Metzo_Paino (321 posts) -

Thankfully(?) I have a Mac, so it can be hard to find games to spend money on.

Got the Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 pack with some friends, currently playing through a scenario every other night. Forgot what GREAT games they are.

Witcher 1 & 2, which for wineskin ports hold up nicely.

Civ V.

Thought about Hotline Miami and Thomas Was Alone, but let them go for now.

#16 Posted by Fredddi43 (351 posts) -

About $60 in Games on Steam I'm hoping to crack open my new PC with, which should be finished soon. Still regretting not going for Quantum Conundrum when it was so dirt cheap.

#17 Posted by Happenstance (467 posts) -

From the Steam sale I bought/got gifted:

A New Beginning - Final Cut

Bad Rats

Dear Esther

Evochron Mercenary

Farming Simulator 2013

Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Adventure 2

To The Moon

Then I also got a Premium Wii U pack along with New Super Mario Bros U and Mass Effect 3

#18 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

I already posted this in another thread but:

Games I got this holiday season (many of which were purchased from places other than Steam, such as Amazon or Green Man Gaming):

1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  2. Sleeping Dogs
  3. Far Cry 3
  4. Spec Ops: The Line
  5. Bioshock
  6. Bioshock 2
  7. The Darkness II
  8. Duke Nukem Forever
  9. Civilization 5: Gods and Kings
  10. Dungeon Defenders Collection
Edit: All this cost me about $87. If I were to buy it all at full price, it would have been $350. I saved 75%! I love PC gaming.
#19 Posted by Svenzon (727 posts) -

Not bad at all. I bought a few games, but mostly I looked at the current deals and said "Nope, nothing there". Felt kinda liberating.

I ended up buying Assassin's Creed II, Snapshot, Torchlight II, Thirty Flights of Loving and Botanicula. Aside from Torchlight, they all cost merely a few bucks each.

#20 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4467 posts) -

Everyone's first Steam is always the worst, after that there isn't much else to buy other than the occasional discounted newish title.

#21 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

From the fall sale to the winter sales I bought about 10-15 games, but I saved a ridiculous amount of money. I think together they equaled about 2-3 full priced games so yea I'm happy, my best deal I think was Sleeping Dogs for $6.

#22 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I didn't buy any games for myself over the Steam sale.

I did however gift a dozen different Nancy Drew games to to all of my "friends".

#23 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

I used £0 and walked away happy.

#24 Posted by Renahzor (997 posts) -

Steam/PC(GreenMan): Xcom, Sleeping dogs, FTL, Walking Dead, Worms Revolution, Torchlight 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, SimCity 4 (already owned on disk, bought for convenience) and my wife bought Sims 3.

XBL: Forza Horizon, Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Dust: An Elysean Tale.

Pretty big list to play now.

#25 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

got ftl and to the moon. Nothing else interested me

#26 Posted by Hunkulese (2833 posts) -

I bought street fighter x tekken for some reason. Downloaded it played a round and probably won't touch it again. That wasn't the smartest purchase.

#27 Posted by Little_Socrates (5693 posts) -

I spent a bunch on Christmas presents using the Amazon movie sale. And I spent about $30 on Steam stuff that would've cost me $60-$90 bucks.

#28 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

I already own all the big games on Steam so I picked up some random stuff...

The Sims 3 (no idea why I bought this... I had owned it before and didn't like it that much)

The Witcher 2

Max Payne 3

Max Payne 1/2 Bundle

Mark of the Ninja

Worms Revolution - Season Pass Preorder

Spec Ops The Line

Civ V DLC - Polynesia

Civ V DLC Babylon

Ace of Spades 4-Pack

Scribblenauts Unlimited

#29 Posted by CaLe (4039 posts) -

I bought a cheap piece of DLC for a game I don't own to get the Steam badge. That's about it.

#30 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Everyone's first Steam is always the worst, after that there isn't much else to buy other than the occasional discounted newish title.

I can agree with this. My first Summer sales I bought a lot of cheap indie games, I didn't buy anything this Christmas sale, although I did buy Hotline Miami during their Thanksgiving sales.

#31 Posted by wrecks (2304 posts) -

Zilch.

#32 Posted by Irishdoom (333 posts) -

I picked up a few things, not too many. Got Xcom off of Amazon for $25. Picked up some stuff on Steam, too of course. Walking Dead for $12.50, FTL for some cheap price I don't recall, and my big get was Sleeping Dogs for $4.49. I think there was a price mistake I caught for 91% off. :)

#33 Posted by Sackmanjones (4781 posts) -

Didn't get much. Mark of the ninja. Chivliry and counter strike for some freakin reason. Then I bought te xcom dlc for 4 bucks on green man. So not too bad

#34 Posted by believer258 (12080 posts) -

Dishonored, Torchlight 2, and... I forgot the rest. Not a ton, though.

#35 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2390 posts) -

I got the himble indie bundle mainly for Saints Row the Third and Dead Island.

#36 Posted by flyingace16021 (167 posts) -

For the first time I didn't buy anything, mostly because I bought the full THQ humble bundle and therefore had a bunch of games to play out of that, like Saint's Row the Third which I haven't gotten to play yet.

#37 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Far Cry 3 on Steam (33ish)

Syndicate physical copy for PC for 8 bucks (Jeff talked it up so much, just planning to play the campaign)

That's it, restrained myself a few times.

#38 Posted by itspizza (443 posts) -

Picked up Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, and that Warhammer game for about $60. Think ill probably be good on games until sim city comes out.

#39 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

Dead Island and The Walking Dead, was thinking about Sleeping Dogs and Dishonored but decides I will pick them up in a sale later.

#40 Posted by rentfn (1283 posts) -

I bought Sleepy Dogs and The Sims 3. I don't know why I bought The Sims 3, it was really cheep and I enjoyed the first two.

#41 Posted by stryker1121 (1565 posts) -

My "first Steam" was not bad. Bought Hotline Miami, KOTOR2 and the STALKER pack that includes SoC and CoP. Was tempted to pick up Max Payne and some other stuff , and while the games were cheap, I hate having a large backlog. With the new games from Steam I have like 7-10 unfinished games between 360/PC, which is a lot for me.

#42 Posted by Sinkjaer (33 posts) -

I have had a Steam account for 5 years so this was not my first sale, but it got insanely bloody nonetheless.

30 games over the entirety of the sale for at total sum of 254 €

Borderlands 2 and Xcom were the most expensive at 17.5 € each and Sine Mora at 2 € was the cheapest.

Those three were actually from GMG, but all steamworks games.

Man I need help! I already had a 15-20 games in my backlog before the sale, so this is not helping me.

My selfish wish for 2013 is that all released games will suck, so I won't be tempted to buy any.

Oh and by the way. I napped some indie bundles on top of it too. Humble Bundle, Indieroyale and Indiegala all had a visit from me.

#43 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

So bad that I went to a ski shop in search of clearance discounts on last year's clearance model skis. But once I was in the store and found out the pair I was interested in were not actually discounted by any reasonable percentage, I went ahead and bought a 2013 model pair at full price because fuck it and yolo and et cetera. :D

This thread is about games though, yeah? I bought Forza Horizon on sale at a brick and mortar; Binding of Isaac and Dustforce during the Steam sale for pocket change.

#44 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Actually didn't buy a thing on Steam. Held off to the very last minutes of the 2-day sale extension-thingy from buying Darksiders II at $13.74 with all the DLC. Had to go back this past Fall's Bombcasts to see what the guys thought about the game, sounded like it wasn't the game for me.

#45 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5983 posts) -

I bought Hotline Miami and Orcs Must Die 2, that's about it; still have a fair amount of discretionary funds from Christmas

#46 Posted by Grilledcheez (3955 posts) -

Walking dead, xcom, Gods and Kings, Far Cry 3, Hearthfire, Dawnguard, Hotline Miami, FTL, Tiny and Big. I don't think I bought anything else.

#47 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

I thought about buying Arma II, but then I just played some more Team Fortress.

#48 Posted by paulwade1984 (481 posts) -

Hotline miami, Legend of grimrock, Borderlands 2, Hitman absolution, Mark of the ninja. civ v gods and kings, Dishonored.

Couldn't afford any of it. I Love credit cards.

#49 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (629 posts) -

I got Max Payne 3 from Amazon for $10, Hotline Miami from Amazon for free, and the Darksiders collection from Steam for $14. There was just nothing that i really saw that was a good enough deal otherwise that i either didn't already have or wasn't going to spend the money for. Was hoping that Bully would have gone cheaper on Steam but it never did.

#50 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Got XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $20 and Hotline Miami for $2.50 from Amazon and Tomb Raider Underworld for $2.50 from Steam. Wasn't all that bad.