#1 Posted by Glottery (1125 posts) -

I tried to look for a thread just about movie trailers, but since there isn't one / the search tool isn't all too good (or I'm just bad at using it), I just made a new one for this. Also because the trailer is whack.

#2 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4585 posts) -

It's a strange choice for turning into a full-length film, but just going by the trailer it actually seems like it might work.

#3 Posted by TheHT (10933 posts) -

I love it. I've watched it like 10 times a day since Alex tweeted it. So I guess 3 day ago.

So 30 times.

It's great.

#4 Edited by chiablo (909 posts) -

To bad the only good thing Ben Stiller has been in was Zoolander. Where's Owen Wilson?

All joking aside, has he gone the route of so many other comedy actors and wants to try his hand at a serious role?

#5 Posted by DonChipotle (2698 posts) -

@chiablo said:

To bad the only good thing Ben Stiller has been in was Zoolander. Where's Owen Wilson?

All joking aside, has he gone the route of so many other comedy actors and wants to try his hand at a serious role?

This isn't his first serious role.

#6 Edited by atomicfox (24 posts) -

@markwahlberg: there was actually already a feature film done in the 40's though i think it was more of a musical. I'm very excited for this though.

#7 Edited by 5Figh (172 posts) -

looks aight but if it turns out to be as arch as I think it will then I know its just gonna get on my nerves

#8 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2597 posts) -

The original story is about a man who IMGAINES he does amazing things....but he never does them. What Ben Stiller is making is Forest Gump 2, and as a Thurber I find this interpretation of the novel insulting.

#9 Posted by BisonHero (6256 posts) -
@5figh said:

looks aight but if it turns out to be as arch as I think it will then I know its just gonna get on my nerves

I'm not familiar with that usage of the word "arch".

...and as a Thurber I find this interpretation of the novel insulting.

Are you like, a dude whose last name happens to be Thurber, or are you related to the writer in a reasonably close way?

#10 Posted by 5Figh (172 posts) -

@bisonhero: has the same kind of connotation as wacky or kooky I suppose, movies that sort of define themselves by being slightly off-kilter. films like 500 Days of Summer and a lot of Wes Anderson's work (although I do actually like most of Anderson's stuff)

#11 Posted by BisonHero (6256 posts) -

@5figh: Ahh, ok. That's the kind of situation where I would refer to something as "twee".

#12 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2597 posts) -

@5figh said:

I'm not familiar with that usage of the word "arch".

@monkeyking1969 said:

...and as a Thurber I find this interpretation of the novel insulting.

Are you like, a dude whose last name happens to be Thurber, or are you related to the writer in a reasonably close way?

It is just one family. We are far and wide, but all related. The genealogy is shockingly direct and well documented because everyone in the family moved the US who emigrated from England to Massachusetts in 1671.

#13 Posted by Jnal (214 posts) -

@chiablo: I thought every comedy actor eventually had to do a movie where they played a majority if not all of the characters?