• 59 results
Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jordan23

I'm a huge sports fan, so I just decided to create this thread to discuss (what else)... Sports!

All of the Los Angeles Dodgers fans have some big news in baseball land. Former Boston Red Sox, Manny Ramirez is coming to the Dodger blue. This should be a great thing for Los Angeles, considering Andruw Jones isn't doing nothing.

PS... Discuss "anything" sports related, I like a good debate every now and then.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Lakers will rape next year once we get Bynum back in the lineup. I can smell the championship already.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By twenty0ne

The Tigers lost today. :(

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolemnOaf

professional sports is the pacifier for the infant minds in our society.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jordan23
Fr0Br0 said:
"Lakers will rape next year once we get Bynum back in the lineup. I can smell the championship already.
"
I'm sorry Fr0Br0, I still believe L.A. Lakers isn't going to win another championship as long as Kobe Bryant is there. Too bad the New York Knicks isn't trying to get any better... DAMN!
twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By twenty0ne
SolemnOaf said:
"professional sports is the pacifier for the infant minds in our society."
What an ignorant statement. Joke?
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolemnOaf

not at all, and speak to me not such, as it betrays your own ignorance, not mine.  Professional sports serves no usefull purpose except to appease those incapable of finding worthwhile endeavors to entertain themselves with.  It's just one big circus except the clowns are all in the audience.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Karmum

Federer lost. boooo. :(

i hate nadal so fucking much. (post is tennis related)

Reynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Reynolds
SolemnOaf said:
"not at all, and speak to me not such, as it betrays your own ignorance, not mine.  Professional sports serves no usefull purpose except to appease those incapable of finding worthwhile endeavors to entertain themselves with.  It's just one big circus except the clowns are all in the audience."
Says the guy on the video games website.  Halo really aides society in helping the greater good.  All those swearing, homophobic 12 year old boys are the pinnacle of culture.
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolemnOaf

hey you're on my friends list.  how dare you grief post me.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I like tennis ^_^

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karmum
Oriental_Jams said:
"I like tennis ^_^
"
Do you play tennis? >_>
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Oriental_Jams
Karmum said:
"Oriental_Jams said:
"I like tennis ^_^
"
Do you play tennis? >_>
"
Yes I do ^_^
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolemnOaf

Well, to answer legitimately the points made in your post.  I would have to say that at least videogames still have yet to detract from the learning experiences in our educational system's curriculum. 

McDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By McDazzle

So,hows everyone feel about the whole Favre Situation?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karmum
McDazzle said:
"So,hows everyone feel about the whole Favre Situation?
"
Wish he would stay retired, but he obviously, in no chance joining the team I like (the Giants, and would not want him here), so I really don't care where he goes.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Shocker
McDazzle said:
"
He should stay retired.

Anyways, Cubs swept the Brewers today! hell yes
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmum
Shocker said:
"McDazzle said:
"
He should stay retired.

"
Other two pieces of baseball news.

Manny Ramirez is now on the Dodgers.
Ken Griffey Jr. is now on the White Sox.
twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By twenty0ne
Karmum said:
"Shocker said:
"McDazzle said:
"
He should stay retired.

"
Other two pieces of baseball news.

Manny Ramirez is now on the Dodgers.
Ken Griffey Jr. is now on the White Sox.
"
Yesterday Pudge got traded to the Yankees. :(
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fr0br0
Jordan23 said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"Lakers will rape next year once we get Bynum back in the lineup. I can smell the championship already.
"
I'm sorry Fr0Br0, I still believe L.A. Lakers isn't going to win another championship as long as Kobe Bryant is there. Too bad the New York Knicks isn't trying to get any better... DAMN!
"
I'm getting sick of this Kobe hate. It's because of him the The Lakers even made it to the playoffs period. He's one of the best, if not THE best player currently in the NBA. He has shown some of the most maturity improvement in any professional sport and I think it's time to ask Shaq how his ass taste and take home a new champ ring.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kmdrkul
SolemnOaf said:
"not at all, and speak to me not such, as it betrays your own ignorance, not mine.  Professional sports serves no usefull purpose except to appease those incapable of finding worthwhile endeavors to entertain themselves with.  It's just one big circus except the clowns are all in the audience."
You are ignorant for thinking watching a sport is any different than other forms of entertainment.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karmum
Jordan23 said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"
"
As long as? Dude, Kobe is one of the main reasons why they made it to the championship.
Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jordan23
McDazzle said:
"
Yo, I'm getting sick of this Favre talk. I just wish that he just stay damn retired (he's mad overrated)!
Reynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Reynolds
SolemnOaf said:
"Well, to answer legitimately the points made in your post.  I would have to say that at least videogames still have yet to detract from the learning experiences in our educational system's curriculum. "
Alright, I'll give you that one.  Partially because you're my one friend and partially because you're right.  The way sports work in high school and college is stupid, but you said professional sports.  They're purely entertainment and I happen to enjoy them very much.

Apparently some people on this site have never taken an English class in their life, Jesus.  (Sorry if English isn't your first language, in which case this is not directed at you.)
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Clean

GO RED SOX
GO CELTICS
GO PATRIOTS BABY WE THE BEST AND WE TAKING OVER

WE OWN EVERYBODY>rest of all sports teams

WE ARE THE BEST MOTHER F*CKING FRANCHISES THIS MILLENIUM YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOI

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26  Edited By OGCartman

The Undertaker rules!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-58e52f575435f
deactivated-58e52f575435f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basketball Olympics are gonna be AWESOME!!!!! , i hope this can develop into somewhere near how big soccer is...... 

Im loving seeing Dwyane Wade explode, hope he can play that way against his Olympic teammates.
Canadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Canadian
SolemnOaf said:
"professional sports is the pacifier for the infant minds in our society."
The Internet is for people too scared to talk shit in real life.
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SolemnOaf

oooh, a candian tough guy.  I was just making statements I believe.  I don't talk 'shit', as you say in your tired, mindless cliche.  My comments are not directed at anyone, and what I said is self-evident enough to apparently bother those of you unintelligent enough to percieve it's underlying truth.  Sports makes role-models out of people who don't deserve it, and is basically nothing but a drainhole of money and effort that without question could be used for more beneficial purposes.  It is an institution that provides nothing except entertainment for those who are easily entertained, which I'm assuming from your critical response is a category you belong in. 

Whight_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Whight_Knight

I play for Navan RFC.Woo.

I support Liverpool FC in football though.

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SolemnOaf
kmdrkul said:
"SolemnOaf said:
You are ignorant for thinking watching a sport is any different than other forms of entertainment.
"
wrong, sports represent what is most basic and primitive in the minds of men.  They are games that mimic the fundamentals of war.  It is a barbaric practice that encourages violence and animalistic mentality.  Reading a book is much, much different from being a sports fan.  The ignorance is yours, suprise suprise.
Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cynical_M

Go Cowboys......

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By dethfish

Seahawks will win the NFC championship this year.

You heard it hear first.

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cynical_M
Dethfish77 said:
"Seahawks will win the NFC championship this year.

You heard it hear first."
Do you think Julius Jones is a good RB for the Seahawks?
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dethfish

I sure as hell hope so. I expect him to be better than Alexander was last year.

Even with Alexander having a terrible year we still did alright because of Matt Hassleback. If he has the same kind of year and Julius Jones has some productivity I think the Hawks will do pretty well.

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cynical_M

Yeah they have  been a good team in the NFC,I'm expecting good things out of the Cowboys this year...

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dethfish

Right now I honestly think the NFC title game is going to be Dallas vs Seattle. I just hope we have home field advantage.

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cynical_M

That would be a game I'd love to see.....I hope you dont have home field....Seattle has the craziest advantage  >_>

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Black_Rose

Football FTW!! and by football i don't mean crappy american fottball i mean real football.

Barcelona FTW!

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Subway
SolemnOaf said:
"

oooh, a candian tough guy.  I was just making statements I believe.  I don't talk 'shit', as you say in your tired, mindless cliche.  My comments are not directed at anyone, and what I said is self-evident enough to apparently bother those of you unintelligent enough to percieve it's underlying truth.  Sports makes role-models out of people who don't deserve it, and is basically nothing but a drainhole of money and effort that without question could be used for more beneficial purposes.  It is an institution that provides nothing except entertainment for those who are easily entertained, which I'm assuming from your critical response is a category you belong in. 

"
First of all what does him being a Canadian have to do with anything? Second of all why don't athlete's it's not like it takes no effort to become a professional athlete, it probably takes more hard work and dedication than most careers. And to say people who watch sports are easily entertained is just retarded, I could easily say people who watch action movies are easily entertained and that movies are a waste of money, and have just as good of an argument as you do. It sounds to me like you were a kid that sucked at gym, and got made fun of for it, therefore causing you to hate sports.
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dethfish
Cynical_M said:
"That would be a game I'd love to see.....I hope you dont have home field....Seattle has the craziest advantage  >_>
"

Yep, loudest crowd in the NFL I think.
Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Subway

Oh and to add to the thread, I'm a fan of the Tennessee Titans, heres to hoping they do something this year.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jordan23

As a die-hard New York Giants fan, it's going to be difficult for the Giants to win back to back Super Bowls. I was hoping that they could pick up Jason Taylor, but he sign with the Washington Redskin, "Go Figure."

mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mjwickstrom1

I'm kinda bummed about the Manny deal. I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, and anytime we see a good player leave the team, especially Jason Bay, it's a huge loss. I am happy to see that we got some good prospects though, like Ethan LaRoche and Chad Henson.

I also still can't wait for the football season. My High School is a big football school, so that should be sweet. I'm also excited for the Auburn Tigers and Pittsburgh Steelers to start playing.
mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mjwickstrom1

I'm kinda bummed about the Manny deal. I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, and anytime we see a good player leave the team, especially Jason Bay, it's a huge loss. I am happy to see that we got some good prospects though, like Ethan LaRoche and Chad Henson.

I also still can't wait for the football season. My High School is a big football school, so that should be sweet. I'm also excited for the Auburn Tigers and Pittsburgh Steelers to start playing.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
Karmum said:
"Oriental_Jams said:
"I like tennis ^_^
"
Do you play tennis? >_>
"
OMG me too!!!! i play tennis :D

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Karmum
Dethfish77 said:
"Seahawks will win the NFC championship this year.

You heard it hear first."
Quite a bold statement to say.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shocker
mjwickstrom1 said:
"I'm kinda bummed about the Manny deal. I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, and anytime we see a good player leave the team, especially Jason Bay, it's a huge loss. I am happy to see that we got some good prospects though, like Ethan LaRoche and Chad Henson.

"
They seem to be doing fine without him against the Cubs right now...

Cubs better get some runs.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hazelnutman

Tennis is awesome.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kmdrkul
SolemnOaf said:
"kmdrkul said:
"SolemnOaf said:
"
wrong, sports represent what is most basic and primitive in the minds of men.  They are games that mimic the fundamentals of war.  It is a barbaric practice that encourages violence and animalistic mentality.  Reading a book is much, much different from being a sports fan.  The ignorance is yours, suprise suprise.
"
What the eff?  Who do you think you are?  Games that mimic the fundamentals of war?  Encourages animalistic mentality?  If your head wasn't so far up your ass trying to wow people with your smartass logic, maybe you'd see what sports really are.  How about instead of trying to sound like some kind of Ivy League Alumni, you learn to spell first?  Or heres one; how about instead of trying to prove EVERYONE wrong, you keep the non-sensible philosophical bullshit out of the thread and not bother posting?  I've read your other posts; you are so worried about trying to sound smart that you don't even realize how much of a total douchebag you sound like.