The start of the footy season

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By simon1

Although i wouldn't have chosen my team to kick the new season off ( would have rather in the the premiership starting next week), it all starts again in 9 hours and counting.  46 games to play and only 2 clubs will go up (1 more through the play offs). 

So Middlesbrough V Sheffield United at the Riverside tonight.  Glad we have a home game 1st and although i expect it to be tight, i do expect us to win.  Not sure about promotion by the end but I do expect us to be in the top 6 at least.   

so, who does everyone else support and what are your expectations for the coming season?.  

Simon.

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By simon1

Although i wouldn't have chosen my team to kick the new season off ( would have rather in the the premiership starting next week), it all starts again in 9 hours and counting.  46 games to play and only 2 clubs will go up (1 more through the play offs). 

So Middlesbrough V Sheffield United at the Riverside tonight.  Glad we have a home game 1st and although i expect it to be tight, i do expect us to win.  Not sure about promotion by the end but I do expect us to be in the top 6 at least.   

so, who does everyone else support and what are your expectations for the coming season?.  

Simon.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

Wigan fan, fighting for survival again probably next season, although I'd like to think we're able to get midtable but with our main players gone it's unlikely.

Who are you actually supporting of the two?

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By simon1

Middlesbrough :-)

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

Urgh, how can you watch that?!

However good luck I suppose, with Newcastle down there it won't be easy.

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By simon1
@Ineedaname said:
" Urgh, how can you watch that?!  However good luck I suppose, with Newcastle down there it won't be easy. "
From a Wigan fan, hahahahaha. Only joking mate.

I watch it because it my team and no matter what, i'll go.  Don't forget it's not that long ago we won a major league cup and got to the UEFA Cup final.  
laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laticsfan

Personally I think Middlesbrough will be in an automatic promotion place, especially since Newcastle's team has been raped of any and all decent players they had, and now they are relying on has-beens (Duff, Geremie etc). Where as the only big loss for Middlesbrough I know of is Stewart Downing, and I think it's about time Alves hit the form he should have been achieving last season.

I think you can guess which team I support, and personally I am expecting great things this season. Hopefully under Martinez we will get the sexy football he has promised, instead of the boot it and hope Heskey latches onto it of the old Bruce regime. Hopefully we can also conquer the cursed, back end of season dive we seem to inflict on ourselves every season. 

I am also really excited to see what Rodallega will achieve this season as he really impressed me in the last couple of games. I also hope that Jordi Gomez can bring his talent a step up into the Premier league, as he could be a real star. My only worry is our lack of strikers and it would be a huge relief if we could bring in one big name up front before the window closes.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGremp

Ah dang it...  I clicked this thread because it said "footy", hoping for a discussion on Footmen Frenzy, but all I got was a conversation about some sport I don't care about. 

I am disappoint.

Flaminglizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Flaminglizard

Come on Spurs!!!!!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Newcastle in their hilarious away shirt live on BBC 1.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ineedaname
@Laticsfan said:
" Personally I think Middlesbrough will be in an automatic promotion place, especially since Newcastle's team has been raped of any and all decent players they had, and now they are relying on has-beens (Duff, Geremie etc). Where as the only big loss for Middlesbrough I know of is Stewart Downing, and I think it's about time Alves hit the form he should have been achieving last season.  I think you can guess which team I support, and personally I am expecting great things this season. Hopefully under Martinez we will get the sexy football he has promised, instead of the boot it and hope Heskey latches onto it of the old Bruce regime. Hopefully we can also conquer the cursed, back end of season dive we seem to inflict on ourselves every season.   I am also really excited to see what Rodallega will achieve this season as he really impressed me in the last couple of games. I also hope that Jordi Gomez can bring his talent a step up into the Premier league, as he could be a real star. My only worry is our lack of strikers and it would be a huge relief if we could bring in one big name up front before the window closes. "
I'm just hoping, Rodallega isn't another Agahowa, I love him for getting us to the Carling cup final (Although we got destroyed, I was on TV when I was there =D) apart from that one thing he was pretty naf, but outside of the Prem I liked him, as for getting a decent striker, there isn't anyone we can keep hold of, we need someone with a bit of pace now, as we've lost alot with Palacios and Valencia leaving us.
I'd love it if Martinez can get us going the way he did when he played for the club.
NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By NukeSpoon
@Flaminglizard said:
" Come on Spurs!!!!! "
This guy is cool. Listen to this guy!
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By killdave
@MattyFTM said:
" I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Newcastle in their hilarious away shirt live on BBC 1. "
Yeah I hope the entire crowd burst into laughter!
simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By simon1

Middlesbrough 0 - 0  Sheffield United 

Well, very disappointed with not only the result tonight, but also with the performance.  Defensively we looked fine but going forward we looked very lightweight .  Definitely need to step up a gear or 3 sooner rather than later.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hairydutchman

Big Ajax Amsterdam fan here.

I like the premier league but I don't really have a favorite team. I just love to watch Match of the Day.

@simon1: Does Alves still play at Middlesbrough?