#1 Posted by regularassmilk (1380 posts) -

After I started listening to Midnight Brown, I heard of the Suburban All-Stars, and loved their songs on myspace.
HOWEVER, the Suburban All-Star website is a white page with the words "Thank You" at the top.
Is there any other way to find these songs for download?

#2 Edited by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

I found a zip folder of a bunch of their best tunes, I forget the link but someone on here will undoubtedly find the link for you.
IN THE CAN IN THE CAN IN THE CAN IN THE CAN IN THE CAN IN THE CAN IN THE MOTHERFUCKING CAN!

#3 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -
#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14341 posts) -

It might be worth giving Jeff a PM about it, see if he'll put the site back up. I know he had to move his midnight brown + suburban allstars websites recently, after his host shut down. It seems he didn't put the Suburban Allstars site back up. He probably forgot.

#5 Posted by bjorno (1411 posts) -

http://www.somuchdamage.com/bjorno/Suburban%20all-stars.rar

#6 Posted by Flabbergastrate (274 posts) -

Just wanted to let people know that suburbanallstars.com is back with a full download of Karaoke Godfathers and a live session available.

#7 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -
@Paperlink said:
" Just wanted to let people know that suburbanallstars.com is back with a full download of Karaoke Godfathers and a live session available. "
YESSSSSSSSS
#8 Posted by YoThatLimp (1880 posts) -

Who was in this? This stuff is pretty awesome, way better production values than some of the MB stuff

#9 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

In the can, in the can, in the can, in the can, in the motherfucking can.
Fuck a flash dancer, I'm an ass lancer.

Pretty great song. Sorry for reviving this stuff, but 1. I recently listened to In the Can, and 2. people should know about Jeff's past as an All-Star.

#10 Edited by SoftButtCheeks (145 posts) -

The All-Stars go hard bruh

#11 Posted by g6065 (271 posts) -

Holy shit, only started listening due to the Ryan memorial podcast over at 'This Year'.....this stuff is great, fucking hillarious.

#12 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -

@g6065 said:

Holy shit, only started listening due to the Ryan memorial podcast over at 'This Year'.....this stuff is great, fucking hillarious.

Me too! Some solid lyrical work!

#13 Posted by DreadMorrison (68 posts) -

@darkfury: @g6065: Here here, quality stuff that was way ahead of their time. And some BANGERS to boot.

#14 Posted by Tahnit (139 posts) -

I want this stuff. Is the site up?

#15 Edited by ottoman673 (480 posts) -

@tahnit said:

I want this stuff. Is the site up?

@flabbergastrate said:

Just wanted to let people know that suburbanallstars.com is back with a full download of Karaoke Godfathers and a live session available.

also, I'm one song deep on Karaoke Godfathers and i'm already fucking dead. Jeff should've gone on with his rap career.

#16 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3783 posts) -

I just wanna say, my allegiance to this site and its people aside, Suburban All-Stars is a hell of a great name for a band.

#17 Edited by DreadMorrison (68 posts) -

I love the fact that "Wack Ass Crew '99" is basically "Bust a Move"

#18 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I love that it's tagged as "Gospel".

#19 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

We really need to get this stuff transcribed and annotated on RapGenius. I'm fairly confident we can get Jeff verified.

#20 Edited by Mark (86 posts) -
#21 Posted by Mark (86 posts) -
#22 Posted by Intro (1205 posts) -

I've seen the name on the forums a while back, but never looked at. Looked at this thread and still wasn't completely sure, but was hoping it some type of rapping by the Giant Bomb crew. Did a quick search on Youtube before I downloaded that linked.

I was not disappointed, not one bit. And once again, RIP in Ryan Davis. Such a great man who'll always be missed. Currently downloading those links.

#23 Posted by Mark (86 posts) -

It's really great stuff. I didn't realize this stuff was from the early otts!

Or that these gents were sooo hilariously profane before Giant Bomb.

#24 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

all these links appear broke. I just want a clean mp3 of "in the can" after hearing the Ryan Davis This Year special. Anyone know where I can get one?

#25 Posted by Mark (86 posts) -

eh? The second link, if you right click and click save-as, each of those should download just fine. Hit up www.suburbanallstars.com for their best-quality-one-cd kind of stuff

#26 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

weird. it didn't work yesterday. but now it seems fine. Thanks.

#27 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

weird. it didn't work yesterday. but now it seems fine. Thanks.