• 31 results
#1 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

I recently heard one of my friends refer to a girl as a "babyface", and it got me wondering. I had heard this term applied to guys before quite often, but had never heard it applied to a girl, so it seemed very odd to me.I always thought this term was reserved for guys, but it seems it's a term for girls too. Is it a common term for girls? Up until today, I had never heard somebody use it to reference a girl rather than a guy, but maybe it happens all the time?
Discuss.

#2 Posted by PandaBear (1376 posts) -

Baby girls, yes. Adult girls, otherwise known as women, why not? But it does sound like you're saying "hey, fat cheeks!"

#3 Posted by TruthTellah (9129 posts) -

@angre_leperkan439: It's anyone with a young-looking face. Sometimes used for women to indicate cuteness. Also sometimes used in a demeaning way, similar to dollface. Depending on context, babyface can either be a complimentary or insulting name to call someone.

#4 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Its a common term for people and their faces.

Anyone can be baby-faced. If they have a face not unlike that of a baby, they're a babyface.

#5 Posted by Flappy (2263 posts) -

Baby girl? Sure. Dollface? Yup. Babyface? Nah.

I totally came into this topic expecting it to be about wrestling, but that's just how my mind works during the wee hours of the morning.

#6 Posted by golguin (3932 posts) -

I would never tell a grown woman she has a babyface. If she has a very young looking face I think of her as cute. In general I call petite girls cute. If a woman is full figured (nice ass and rack) I'd say that she's hot.

People say a guy has a babyface when his face looks really young and he has no facial hair. No guy with facial hair would have a babyface. I once shaved all of my facial hair and I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror. Looked too weird.

#7 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

@golguin: It's good to know that if I want to look 10 years younger all I have to do is shave.

#8 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Jeff is a babyface.

#9 Posted by TruthTellah (9129 posts) -

Jeff is a babyface.

You're damn right he is.

#10 Edited by Landon (4144 posts) -

@flappy said:

Baby girl? Sure. Dollface? Yup. Babyface? Nah.

I totally came into this topic expecting it to be about wrestling, but that's just how my mind works during the wee hours of the morning.

Calling someone dollface is only acceptable if your are mocking them or if you are a gangster from the 50's.

#12 Edited by Metal_Mills (2999 posts) -

This is a baby face:

#13 Edited by Flappy (2263 posts) -

@metal_mills: Is it just me, or is Selena not as attractive as she's hyped up to be? I mean, she's not ugly or anything, but people out there act like she's the greatest chick on Earth. Please enlighten me, homie.

@landon: As a dude that grew up watching unhealthy amounts of Looney Tunes, it's only natural that Dollface is a term that I'm familiar with.

#14 Posted by Sweep (8866 posts) -

Fake your own death?

#15 Posted by Brodehouse (9953 posts) -

Yeah, until they turn heel and hit you with a steel chair.

#16 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

I prefer the Heels.

#17 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5529 posts) -
#18 Posted by AlKusanagi (920 posts) -

Now I'm ashamed that I came here thinking this was a wrestling discussion...

#19 Posted by shinjin977 (761 posts) -
#20 Posted by OldGuy (1558 posts) -

If Tom Jones can do it, I'm going to say it's okay:

#21 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

It just means that she looks young in the face.

#22 Posted by Abendlaender (2808 posts) -

@tsutohiro said:

Jeff is a babyface.

You're damn right he is.

Oh.....je..................i....help me

#23 Posted by Veektarius (4844 posts) -

@flappy: I feel the same way about her as I felt about her predecessor, Miley. They work out and wear provocative outfits and makeup and the media tells us they're hot, but without that stuff, they wouldn't stand out in a crowd.

#24 Posted by selbie (1904 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@tsutohiro said:

Jeff is a babyface.

You're damn right he is.

I have this framed on my bedroom wall

#25 Edited by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

I prefer 'dame'.

#26 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4762 posts) -

Pretty sure Trish Stratus was a babyface for most of her career so yeah.

#27 Posted by John1912 (1886 posts) -

Just look at the word. Baby face. Its gender neutral.

#28 Edited by slyspider (1234 posts) -

@selbie said:

@abendlaender said:

@truthtellah said:

@tsutohiro said:

Jeff is a babyface.

You're damn right he is.

I have this framed on my bedroom wall

Welcome to the future of video games.

#29 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@flappy said:

@metal_mills: Is it just me, or is Selena not as attractive as she's hyped up to be? I mean, she's not ugly or anything, but people out there act like she's the greatest chick on Earth. Please enlighten me, homie.

@landon: As a dude that grew up watching unhealthy amounts of Looney Tunes, it's only natural that Dollface is a term that I'm familiar with.

totally agreed. She really does fit that "babyface" definition. eugh. She looks like she's 7.

#30 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@flappy: I feel the same way about her as I felt about her predecessor, Miley. They work out and wear provocative outfits and makeup and the media tells us they're hot, but without that stuff, they wouldn't stand out in a crowd.

I think Miley Cyrus is flat out ghastly. Her voice is like a bucket of rocks.

I think, to some extent, what we're seeing in culture is the product of the Disney Channel producing stars. They bag kids at the age of like 10, or whatever, who are "cute kids", but who knows what they are going to turn out like. But by the time they are young adults, they already have a fanbase and whatnot, so they market them into adult stars.

I'm not saying that those kinds of things should matter, but I think that's why we're seeing "idols" (to borrow the Japanese term) who are less what one would normally consider to be the physical standard being popular.

#31 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

@golguin said:

I would never tell a grown woman she has a babyface. If she has a very young looking face I think of her as cute. In general I call petite girls cute. If a woman is full figured (nice ass and rack) I'd say that she's hot.

What if she's petite AND full figured?

#32 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3860 posts) -
@wrighteous86 said:

@golguin said:

Petite implies being rather thin as well as short.

#33 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

@wrighteous86 said:

@golguin said:

Petite implies being rather thin as well.

A short thin girl can have big breasts and a nice butt.

#34 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -
#35 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3860 posts) -

@wrighteous86 said:

@artisanbreads said:
@wrighteous86 said:

@golguin said:

Don't need to defend anything for guy here's definitions. Curves just very often mean a girl has some weight.

For me, cute just means you're like about a 7 or under. Hot for above that.

#36 Edited by GreggD (4505 posts) -
#37 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

I guess you can.

#38 Posted by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

Im just glad that like others my mind went straight to wrestling.

#39 Posted by solidlife (878 posts) -

I just sent a whatsapp to a girl and called her babyface How strange GB how strange

#40 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3337 posts) -

Yeah why not? If her face is reminiscent of a baby's, go for it.

#41 Posted by oldenglishC (958 posts) -

No you can not. Sugar Tits, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable.

#42 Posted by chrissedoff (2109 posts) -

Sure. I'd say Jennifer Lawrence has a baby face.

#43 Edited by stryker1121 (1455 posts) -

Trish Stratus is my favorite babyface. Her heel turns never did it for me.

#44 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Baby face does not work as well for women.

#45 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

@golguin said:

People say a guy has a babyface when his face looks really young and he has no facial hair. No guy with facial hair would have a babyface.

Then how do you explain this?!?

#46 Edited by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

@vinny_says:

Hes a baby face KILLER, that's a big difference.

#47 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5500 posts) -

Of course, George Nelson might have been the originator of babyfacitude but anyone with a chubby looking round face can be referred to as a babyface; if they also happen to be fat then they can be referred to as "Jolly" as in "Jolly Geoff Jerstmann"

#48 Posted by golguin (3932 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:
@wrighteous86 said:

@golguin said:

A petite girl is small all over. If a girl is short, thin, and has a nice rack and butt then I wouldn't call her petite.

#49 Edited by mlarrabee (2965 posts) -

Somebody, hose down this thread. It's getting sticky.

#50 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

Somebody, hose down this thread. It's getting sticky.

I'm inclined to agree. Lol. Interesting opinions. But I mean, short of it being a pet name or some weird shit, have you guys ever referred to a girl or a woman in that sense?