• 63 results
Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Knave

So i'm watching this show and i keep asking myself is anything going to happen? There's barely any zombies in the show, it seems like it mostly focuses on character interaction and shitty drama. I don't give a fuck about anyone but Daryl. I'm currently on Season 2, Episode 5. I thought the first season was good, but ever since they arrived on this farm it's been pretty boring. Am i right?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SSully

The first half of the second season is utter shit. There is barley any development in any sense, and even less zombie killing. It does pick up though, the second half of season 2 consistently outdoes the first half, but it is still a weak show. Also keep in mind the books, and the show, are not all about killing zombies. The best part of the books and show come from the craziness that ensues from being in a collapsing world.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By donchipotle

@Knave said:

So i'm watching this show and i keep asking myself is anything going to happen? There's barely any zombies in the show, it seems like it mostly focuses on character interaction and shitty drama.

Maybe this show is not for you.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Knave

@SSully: I feel you. I'm not saying that i have ADHD and i need explosions and shit every 5 seconds, but this is supposed to be a show about survival, yet it feels like the premise could be literally anything, and i wouldn't notice a difference.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Stop watching it then. It's not a show about zombies, it's a show about people living in a world ravaged by zombies.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Hey, I also only care about Daryl!

Most of season two is pretty lame, but the last few episodes get much better in my opinion.

Echofoxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Echofoxz

I feel the exact same way. Absolutely loved the first season, but stopped watching the second season after the first few episodes.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I can't wait til season 3. The entirety of the show will take place in a highly secured prison where no zombie can possibly get in. This will be the season that will cut off all the dead weight.

(Dead Weight= complaining mother fuckers)

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Knave

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Yeah, but it doesn't feel like that at all. Danger never comes to them, it's always them going out and knowing that they are about to encounter zombies. It's pretty stupid, and it defeats the whole survival aspect. They are just chilling on a farm for 4 episodes so far, and absolutely nothing is happening.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last 1/4th of season 2 is much better, and the fourth before that is better than the first half. I would go ahead and finish it, season 3 looks promising to me. The first half of season two is definitely a pretty big bummer coming off of season one though.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Brendan

First season was interesting, I lost interest in the second season and have no intention of going back to the show.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I stopped watching in early season 2 because of exactly what you mentioned, I don't give a shit about any of the characters.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Knave: They want you to get to know the characters more. You can't have both.

Kirkman has stated several times that if a character is in too much danger than it would be unrealistic NOT to kill them. The wait is worth it buddeh. I can't say the show is great because it isn't, but it's not the worst thing in the world. Also Hershel's Farm was over in like 3 issues of TWD. Why they dragged it out so long, I will never know.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Knave

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Yeah, but they aren't doing a good job with developing characters. T-Bone, Dale, that blonde chick feel like they don't even exist, yet they still take up a decent amount of screen time. Glenn, Daryl, Shane and Rick are the only characters that feel alive, but even then only Daryl is really good. Plus if the show was horrible, i wouldn't keep watching it. Not sure where you got the idea that i think it's the worst thing in the world.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By kraznor

I actually really liked the change in pace season 2 brought, kind of let the gravity of the hard shift the world is experiencing sink in some. But yeah, you certainly aren't alone in hating it.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Contrarian

I am pretty up to the same spot - where they just discovered what is in the barn.

I am still enjoying the show, but I also find some of the characters a trial, especially the sheriff's wife and the other girl (who shot Daryl). Let's face it, it is an old story and reninds me of Jericho, except with zombies instead of bandits and nuclear bombs. On balance I am still enjoying it and that is enough for me to keep watching. I don't see how it can end in a satisfactory way though. I think like most of these shows, it will grind down to nothing.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Knave

@Contrarian: Damn, i didn't know Daryl gets shot.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Contrarian

@Knave said:

@Contrarian: Damn, i didn't know Daryl gets shot.

Dude, sorry, spoiler alert. I must be just ahead of you then. Sorry. It isn't a big plotline piece, so don't worry. Sorry again.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Knave

@Contrarian: Hey, it's all fine and dandy until someone gets killed. It's fine though, i don't like the show enough to care.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tim_the_corsair

My issue with season 2 was not the lack of pace, but the lack of any threat whatsoever.

Seriously, idyllic, apparently completely safe farm in the wilderness with a kindly old man with mad veterinary skills and a semi-hot daughter to bone, and nary a zambie in sight.

It made no logical sense for the show or the setting. Based upon the first half of that season, youd be fortifying and recruiting more survivors and making that place basically a fortress.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Knave

@Tim_the_Corsair: Glenn got some of that juice though. That was random as hell.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Coafi

Almost nobody gets shot, they get bitten. That's why there are so many damn zombies!

I don't know why a lot of people are disappointed in this show. I love it, I think it's done really well in terms of production, of course, the characters themselves could use a lil tuning. Not every character is very entertaining, I think the main cause of this is the fact that they have too many damn characters. I forget half of the casts' name, when they shout some characters name, I'm immediately lost. I really hope they deal better with the characters in season 3.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BraveToaster

The first half of the second season was boring, but it definitely picked up towards the end.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stryker1121

Character drama is what makes the comics good, but the characters on the show are largely unlikable. The show is so goddamn grim and angsty and yet the writing's not great. S2 moves incredibly slow, probably due to budget restrictions that keeps the action on the farm.

My post is a bitchfest but I still have hope that things can turn around for S3. New location, and a new member of the cast has me excited, if cautiously so.
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By jonnyboy

I watched the pilot episode of it. It came across as another entry in the new wave of American character drama. The Zombies are the least important aspect of that show. They are essentially the Island in Lost or the nuclear blast in Heroes, a means to drive the emotional conflict of the protagonists, nothing more.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if i were in that group, i'd have left with either just me, myself, i, and my supplies (a vehicle with a full tank of gas, lots of food and water, guns, knives, aluminum baseball bat, or a machete), or with said supplies along with glenn and darryl. those are the only two people in the entire group who know what's up. the rest of the people are fucking morons. i kept hoping rick's son, carl would get munched on. carl is such an annoying little shit! shane was a dick but i could see his point about rick not being cut out for that kind of world. shane, however, was reckless. rick's wife is a stupid broad, too. so is andrea.

the graphic novels are soooooooooooo much better!

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CaptainCharisma

I actually really enjoyed all of season 2. I watched it all in about a week so maybe waiting a week for every epsiode made it worse but it all builds up to some pretty big moments scattered throughout the season. And those moments would mean as much without all the buildup. Maybe a bit too much buildup but it all leads to those big moments seeming even bigger.

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Blackhebrew2

I watched the first season and stopped. Not because I disliked it, I just tend to watch things in crazy 2-3 day sittings, and time is in short supply. For me, the rest of the season never reached the heights the pilot did. I thought Rick's introduction into the world was excellent and showed me how shitty things had gotten. If the walking dead was a movie, and ended where rick was in the tank, it would've been far better than the entire series. After episode 1 it just went down for me .

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By ashleychittock

Season one is good. Season two is one of the worst seasons of TV I've ever watched to the finish. It's not even the excuse of "oh you just dont get that show, it's not about zombies", yeah I get it. But you can't take out the zombies if the writing is terrible, character development goes nowhere during hours of screentime and there's no tension or danger at all. Just boring.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jay444111

The show pisses in my boots so damn badly I want to... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Hulk smash pitiful horrible show!!!!!
Hulk smash pitiful horrible show!!!!!

Stop watching the show, buy the comic book... the comic books is far FAR better than the shit known as the tv show. I felt like crying due to how bad they made the characters when compared to the comic book. That is truly how bad it pissed me off. Whoever made the show deserves a slap in the fucking face. Very VERY badly. Stop wasting your time with the show and go to the comic book. Not even the Governer can save the mess anymore.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheHumanDove

The tv show is shit. If you want a real zombie drama, read the comics or play the game. They fucked the tv concept exactly when they got to episode 2 of season 1. The first episode of the first season was fucking perfect. After that? Pure, unfiltered shit. It's sad.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CaptainCody

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

My issue with season 2 was not the lack of pace, but the lack of any threat whatsoever. Seriously, idyllic, apparently completely safe farm in the wilderness with a kindly old man with mad veterinary skills and a semi-hot daughter to bone, and nary a zambie in sight. It made no logical sense for the show or the setting. Based upon the first half of that season, youd be fortifying and recruiting more survivors and making that place basically a fortress.

I agree with that observation. Personally, I liked the characters enough to enjoy the show but yes the first half was slow. I am still surprised though by the amount of backlash the show receives for what is still better than most episodics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHumanDove said:

The tv show is shit. If you want a real zombie drama, read the comics or play the game. They fucked the tv concept exactly when they got to episode 2 of season 1. The first episode of the first season was fucking perfect. After that? Pure, unfiltered shit. It's sad.

I've never read the books or played the game, but I've watch all of the show and pretty much agree with the rest of what you said. The first episode is really great, but everything after that ranges from "kind of okay I guess" to "oh god this is terrible". I really, really don't understand why the show gets as much praise as it does. The characters, the women in particular, are written horribly. Most of them are totally flat and two dimensional. You know the characters are bad when you're actively rooting against them.

The Walking Dead is one of the very rare examples of a television show that starts off incredibly strong and then fizzles out, totally the opposite of most shows.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheHumanDove

@Soapy86 said:

@TheHumanDove said:

I've never read the books or played the game, but I've watch all of the show and pretty much agree with the rest of what you said. The first episode is really great, but everything else ranges from "kind of okay I guess" to "oh god this is terrible". I really, really don't understand why the show gets as much praise as it does. The characters, the women in particular, are written horribly. Most of them are totally flat two dimensional characters.

The Walking Dead is one of the very rare examples of a television show that starts off incredibly strong and then fizzles out rather quickly, totally the opposite of most shows.

The sad part is I was pulling for this show. I watched every episode, for both seasons. During the second season, I had basically given up completely but thought I'd see it through. I won't be watching the third season. If it can't capture a single moment from the first episode after two seasons, it's not going to get any better.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@TheHumanDove: Dude... if the show sticks to the comics this time then Season 3 is the only season worth watching. I don't see how they can screw this one up, seeing as half of the actual book takes place in that damn prison.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheHumanDove

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@TheHumanDove: Dude... if the show sticks to the comics this time then Season 3 is the only season worth watching. I don't see how they can screw this one up, seeing as half of the actual book takes place in that damn prison.

But they wont. They've been doing their own 'adaptations' where the characters are all retarded and make stupid decisions and assumptions of other characters. The comics didn't need zombies everywhere to make it enjoyable. The tv show does. And that says a lot about the writers for the tv version.

Dport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Dport

The main problem I had with the shows 1st season was the terrible writing. The characters seem to create terrible reasons to leave a "Safe" place so they can add some Zombies to the show. The lack of creativity really pissed me off as this show has potential to be amazing. Now I am just pissed off with the characters and find myself rooting for the Zombie's.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By teh_destroyer

The first half spends a decent amount of time evaluating its characters, it also gives time for Shanes craziness to build up inside of him. The second half of the show is a lot better and is consistently fantastic to watch. So hang in there, the season finale is pretty amazing ya know.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SmilingPig

@Knave said:

So i'm watching this show and i keep asking myself is anything going to happen? There's barely any zombies in the show, it seems like it mostly focuses on character interaction and shitty drama. I don't give a fuck about anyone but Daryl. I'm currently on Season 2, Episode 5. I thought the first season was good, but ever since they arrived on this farm it's been pretty boring. Am i right?

Season 2 is a shit show until the last episode basically. I hope that season 3 will be more entertaining.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By craigbo180

Season two starts very weak, builds up and hits the first season form by the last few episodes. The third season should be good.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@stryker1121 said:

Character drama is what makes the comics good, but the characters on the show are largely unlikable. The show is so goddamn grim and angsty and yet the writing's not great. S2 moves incredibly slow, probably due to budget restrictions that keeps the action on the farm.

My post is a bitchfest but I still have hope that things can turn around for S3. New location, and a new member of the cast has me excited, if cautiously so.

I actually think the characters in the show match the comic characters very well.

Carl is a dumbass. Just look at him now in the comics.

Lori is a bitch who complains about everything.... She always was.

Andrea was very stupid at first.

Dale was protective and "human" until his very last breath.

Carol was crazy in the comics unlike the show Carol who cries about everything, so i'll give you that one.

Shane didn't really have a personality in the comics because he died too soon to really develop one. Though being tough was his thing I guess.

Maggie is still very protective over Glenn in both the comics and show.

Glen is the "zombie bait" in both. He's sort of naive and sort of childish, but overall does what he can to protect the group.

Rick... Ok THIS is probably the only real change in the show. In the comics Rick wouldn't have shot Shane so easily, nor those dudes at the bar. Before the prison he was focused on staying human and made it a rule that people don't kill living people no matter what. I know he had no choice in the show, but it just didn't make sense to me. Also, the comic Rick was far more reasonable and honorable. That's why he was leader. This Rick is just a douche who bosses everyone around just because he used to be a sheriff.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By stryker1121

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@stryker1121 said:

I actually think the characters in the show match the comic characters very well.

Carol was crazy in the comics unlike the show Carol who cries about everything, so i'll give you that one.

Shane didn't really have a personality in the comics because he died too soon to really develop one. Though being tough was his thing I guess.

Glen is the "zombie bait" in both. He's sort of naive and sort of childish, but overall does what he can to protect the group.

Rick... Ok THIS is probably the only real change in the show. In the comics Rick wouldn't have shot Shane so easily, nor those dudes at the bar. Before the prison he was focused on staying human and made it a rule that people don't kill living people no matter what. I know he had no choice in the show, but it just didn't make sense to me. Also, the comic Rick was far more reasonable and honorable. That's why he was leader. This Rick is just a douche who bosses everyone around just because he used to be a sheriff.

The characters share some of the same traits between the two mediums, yes, but mostly the negative traits. Most of the characters feel one-dimensional to me, just long-winded meatbags filled with self-loathing and angst. Dale and Andrea are my two faves from the comics.

But In the show Andrea is smug and cold, and I was not sad to see that goggle-eyed complainer Dale bite the dust. Actually, I didn't much care either way, which is a shame.

What really hurts the show is the heavy philosophizing and people having the same circular conversations that go nowhere. TWD is too far up its own ass w/ "human condition" stuff..it would be fine if this propelled the story (as it does in the comics), but that's where the show fails. TWD is tops when it comes to zombie gore and some great action scenes, but as a drama it's a disappointment so far.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Getz

The Walking Dead is BORING. First two episodes were promising and then it was just a shit-show of over-emotional, blandly written dialogue between all the over-emotional, blandly written characters.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@stryker1121 said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@stryker1121 said:

The characters share some of the same traits between the two mediums, yes, but mostly the negative traits. Most of the characters feel one-dimensional to me, just long-winded meatbags filled with self-loathing and angst. Dale and Andrea are my two faves from the comics.

But In the show Andrea is smug and cold, and I was not sad to see that goggle-eyed complainer Dale bite the dust. Actually, I didn't much care either way, which is a shame.

What really hurts the show is the heavy philosophizing and people having the same circular conversations that go nowhere. TWD is too far up its own ass w/ "human condition" stuff..it would be fine if this propelled the story (as it does in the comics), but that's where the show fails. TWD is tops when it comes to zombie gore and some great action scenes, but as a drama it's a disappointment so far.

Well, I feel like the characters in the comics were weak at first but over time grew, like the show is trying to do. Andrea is slowly turning into Comic Andrea who I think is pretty cold and independent. Andrea is also my favorite character in both the comic book as well as the show. I think or at least hope they are just trying to show us that these people are in fact just normal screwed people before they evolve them into the monsters that they become. I can see how it would annoy people though... You are suppose to make people care about the said characters before you show us their flaws and downfalls. They are going in reverse, but I can see nowhere left to go but up for the show. All the zombie feed is gone now and all that's really left is the main characters from the series and hopefully some great storytelling. I kind of understood the whole Hershel lag because they wanted to hold off on the prison for as long as possible to try to make us care about the characters before they... yeah you get it.

But I do agree... it really was disappointing to see a lot of my favorite characters become complete loose ends who no one cared about. I just hope they don't kill off Andrea... everyone hates her because she shot whats his face.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ReapersPuppy

I just have to say one thing

I cant wait until that bitch an that little ass wipe dies

=3

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReapersPuppy said:

I just have to say one thing

I cant wait until that bitch an that little ass wipe dies

=3

you mean rick's stupid wife and stupid son, carl, right? i hope so.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stryker1121

@NlGHTCRAWLER: "You are suppose to make people care about the said characters before you show us their flaws and downfalls." That's pretty much TWD in a nutshell. I don't have to "like" characters to enjoy a show. Walter White from Breaking Bad has become a loathsome person but his journey getting to that point is fascinating, and the character is awesome. Tony Soprano is another good example. But with a few exceptions (Glen, Daryl, maybe Maggie) TWD's characters are both unlikable and boring. A killer combo, that.

UnoGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By UnoGenius

The show is about the people who are still alive, and the fall of humanity. The title Walking Dead is actually referring to the characters. Not the zombies.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Knave

I finished the show a few days ago, and it did get much better towards the end. It feels weird that Shane died though, considering the first 2 seasons pretty much revolved around him. I wonder where the show will go from here. Hopefully they focus on Rick, and how he gradually starts to go down the psycho path as well. Carl, Andrea and Lori are the dumbest fucks I've seen in quite a while.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@stryker1121 said:

I wouldn't call the comic version of Carl a dumb ass. I really like the arc of how a kid would turn out and think growing up in that world. I don't remember him doing anything stupid in the comic like he does in the show. The messed up stuff that happens to him in the comics isn't any fault of his own. In the comics he is real cold now and would kill another man with no hesitation.

He was the one who had the balls to kill a psychopathic kid when no one else would.

I really hope they go that direction with him in the show.