#452 Posted by Flacracker (1660 posts) -

Anyone else read the comics? I am just waiting for Ricks hand to get cut off. Also, Andrea needs to become a badass sniper or die.

#453 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Anyone else read the comics? I am just waiting for Ricks hand to get cut off. Also, Andrea needs to become a badass sniper or die.

I've read the comics but jesus christ dude use the fucking spoiler block.

#454 Posted by Conzed92 (166 posts) -

Yeah spoiler block would be justified. However, yeah, I have read the comics. Properly one of my all-time favorite comics. I would recommend to anybody, regardless of how they feel about zombies.

#455 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

The actor that plays Morgan was fantastic was super bummed when he didn't go back with them. Who ever write and directed this episode should just take over everything from here on out, that hitchhiker at the end was a nice touch. This episode just makes me want them to go on a road trip across America next season with different locations each episode.

Hah funny you should mention that, the writer of this episode, Scott Gimple, is going to be the showrunner for season 4! Colour me excited seeing as this was the best episode in a long time!

Hopefully seeing this fracture with a close friend, Morgan, has shown Rick the depths of the crazy hole he's been gazing into the past few episodes and marks the end of the hilariously bad Ghost Laurie. The fact Rick said I need you to be okay to Morgan was very telling. Very glad to that Michonne is on the right track to becoming a three-dimension character! I'm happy to be excited about this show again.

@pr1mus: Hey, you pop in here every now and then to check up on episodes and I just wanted to say you should totally check this one out. It was very much a self-contained story so there is no need to be update and you will not miss out in anyway. It also includes the character from the very first episode Morgan. It was written by the showrunner to be for season 4 and was a huge leap in quality.

#456 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@dylabaloo: Damn thats awesome, I rewatched this episode today, and it really has the feel I get from a Fallout game. Would love to see them move around more and meet more crazy people in their weird little towns.

#457 Posted by TheHT (11155 posts) -

Another great episode. The bit when they came back from the meeting I enjoyed a lot. This show really has its ups and downs, moreso than anything else I've seen.

#458 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Last 2 episodes have been garbage. I don't know how this show manages to have so many unlikeable characters, even Glenn is annoying now.

and as usual fuck Angela, worst character ever.

It's not even that the plot is too poor or anything, just the characters are all so bland and lifeless, the dialog between them all sucks.

#459 Edited by Pr1mus (3874 posts) -

@sooty: Normally i would be tempted to tell you that Angela is not her name but yeah she's so fucking terrible that who cares.

#460 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

@sooty: Normally i would be tempted to tell you that Angela is not her name but yeah she's so fucking terrible that who cares.

Oh yeah! Andrea, where the hell did I get Angela from?

I just wanted her to disappear as soon as she showed up and marched inside with Rick and the 'guv, like she's so important.

#461 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@sooty:Really last weeks, episode was garbage? Damn this show just isn't for you then I'm afraid, if the highest rated episode so far is garbage to you.

This weeks was good aswell, I don't need mindless zombie killing every week, I'm more interested in the characters.

#462 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior said:

@sooty:Really last weeks, episode was garbage? Damn this show just isn't for you then I'm afraid, if the highest rated episode so far is garbage to you.

This weeks was good aswell, I don't need mindless zombie killing every week, I'm more interested in the characters.

Lennie James is always a joy to any show (especially Jericho) but he can't carry it for everyone. Michonne and Carl pretty much ruin anything they are in. Highest rated of what? Season 3? Not really a big thing for them to brag about! Show hasn't lived up to its pilot at all.

Neither do I, but the problem is all or most of the characters are bland as hell, or annoying, usually both. I'm invested at this point but the last few episodes have brought me close to just shutting off halfway through. I find it hard to cut the cord with shows, I did it with How I Met Your Mother but put up with Desperate Housewives until the bitter end, damn that show got really bad at times.

At least Game of Thrones is back on soon, it's a shame the same calibre of writing AMC have for Breaking Bad can't be replicated for TWD.

#463 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

Just cause a lot of people watched it doesn't mean that its the best show ever made. By that logic, Titanic, Avatar, and Transformers 3 are the best movies ever made and CoD: Black Ops 2 is the best game ever made. Its fine to think that Walking Dead is best show, but using ratings as a justification for liking something is really...well the internet.

#464 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@jazzycola said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

Just cause a lot of people watched it doesn't mean that its the best show ever made. By that logic, Titanic, Avatar, and Transformers 3 are the best movies ever made and CoD: Black Ops 2 is the best game ever made. Its fine to think that Walking Dead is best show, but using ratings as a justification for liking something is really...well the internet.

I meant review scores, but that doesn't mean anything if you don't like the show. And my favourite show is Curb Your Enthusiasm which sadly still hasn't come back yet =(

Just thought it was strange that someone thought the episode before this one was horrible, if they had stuck with the show this long.

P.S. I loved Avatar...

#465 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to the next two filler episodes. I am interested enough in seeing how they treat the inevitable battle, but the show's pacing is nigh-on unforgivable.

#466 Edited by myketuna (1679 posts) -

This episode had some interesting moments, but overall, it was definitely filler. The only major thing that happened is Rick and The Governor meeting each other. Which wasn't as enthralling as I had hoped. Definitely was some tension there, but not enough to grip me. The Governor's attempts at trying to get Rick to do what he wanted were pretty weak and easily seen through.

And poor Andrea. I haven't read the comic, but my buddy has and keeps telling me she's a bad ass. Sadly, it seems the show is taking its sweet fucking time with that transition or it has already diverted from the comic and she won't change at all.

#467 Edited by stryker1121 (1406 posts) -

@mylifeforaiur: That's why plot points like Gov's ultimatum to Rick drive me nuts. I was very much hoping Rick would tell the Gov 'no' immediately to save us from the ending we got--Hershel standing in for Dale, beginning another ethics conversation about whether or not to give up Michonne.

Of course Rick is not going to hand over the woman, which would be OK if TWD was better at pacing and building tension even when you know the likely outcome of a situation. Breaking Bad is masterful in that realm, right now TWD is far from it.

#468 Posted by stryker1121 (1406 posts) -

@myketuna: The show's treatment of Andrea is very disappointing indeed. She's my favorite character in the comic- badass, smart and decisive. It's almost 3 seasons in and I still have no idea where TV Andrea is coming from. The writers have made her into this annoying, condescending, wishy-washy person.

#469 Posted by paulwade1984 (478 posts) -

The latest episode has basically telegraphed everything. It has reminded us how much in love glen and maggie are (oh no i hope nothing happens to one of them). showed us milton is going to jump the wall with Andrea. It's also become quite obvious that Rick is gonna lay a zombie trap for the governors forces. Will they have the balls to kill lil ass kicker tho. lets wait and see.

#470 Edited by Dalai (7019 posts) -

The last episode was just dull and predictable. No surprises or anything.

I don't expect the next episode to go all Majora's Mask like the episode before, but another Walking Dead Gaiden would be nice before the final battle between Rick and the Governor.

#471 Edited by myketuna (1679 posts) -

@paulwade1984 said:

The latest episode has basically telegraphed everything.

That's definitely the issue with the last episode. I couldn't really think of it until you said this. The little conversation Martinez and Daryl basically said everything.

"It's a joke. I'm sure they'll talk, do a little dance and tomorrow, the next day, they'll give the word." - Martinez

"I know." - Daryl

Yep, next episode will probably be the one to watch.

#472 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

GODDAMMIT ANDREA, MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND ALREADY.

#473 Posted by Geralt (318 posts) -

First time in my horror genre career, either the hunter or the hunted dying will be fine with me.

Yup...still not getting any. Slow clap.

#474 Edited by LiquidPrince (15915 posts) -

The last two episodes have been great. So many cynical people here... =/

Makes me wonder what some people here consider entertaining/good shows.

#475 Posted by TheHT (11155 posts) -

Meh. This episode was OK. Felt like work for some payoff later on.

#476 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

The episode was okay, but then again I do not give a shit about Andrea so that colored my view.

Also, I can't help but see Cutty from The Wire when Tyreese is on the screen.

#477 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3209 posts) -

For those who haven't read the comic, I swear Andrea is much cooler in the comic. Muuuuch cooler...

#478 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@joshthebear said:

For those who haven't read the comic, I swear Andrea is much cooler in the comic. Muuuuch cooler...

I'm all too aware of how awesome she is in the comics, which makes her portrayal on the show so infuriating in comparison. They have done her pretty rotten in actually developing her character.

#479 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3209 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

@joshthebear said:

I'm all too aware of how awesome she is in the comics, which makes her portrayal on the show so infuriating in comparison. They have done her pretty rotten in actually developing her character.

Oh god yeah, Maggie is a more compelling character then Andrea in the TV series and that's saying a lot. I'm actually suprised at what they've kinda done with her. Also am I the only one who wants Hershel to stay on longer then his comic counterpart once they eventually leave the prison?

#480 Posted by golguin (3892 posts) -

The last episode was really good. This episode kept making me think "really?" every time the Governor somehow knew exactly where Andrea was in a big ass open area with trees and brush and everything. How exactly did he find her with his truck? How did he know what building she walked in? How did he catch up to her at the prison and know exactly where she would be?

It's literally the most contrived bullshit in this show so far. How could they go from such a great episode to this?

#481 Edited by N7 (3587 posts) -

@golguin said:

The last episode was really good. This episode kept making me think "really?" every time the Governor somehow knew exactly where Andrea was in a big ass open area with trees and brush and everything. How exactly did he find her with his truck? How did he know what building she walked in? How did he catch up to her at the prison and know exactly where she would be?

It's literally the most contrived bullshit in this show so far. How could they go from such a great episode to this?

The question I have is, when she opened up that door and hid behind it, why did the walkers not attack her? They attack anything in their line of sight, and within range, and she was INCHES away, yet they turn away and attack the guvna?

For shame, writers. For shame.

#482 Posted by probablytuna (3621 posts) -

Finally caught up on the last four episodes. The season's still pretty hit or miss.

#483 Posted by Quarters (1683 posts) -

I don't think I've ever seen a show this consistently poorly written, when everything else is fairly well done. Just endless dumb stuff, and you can feel the writer's hand in everything.

#484 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

... Andrea reaching the prison raising her hand to wave at Rick and the Guvnah shows up... I face-palmed. Of course he showed up!

#485 Edited by D0tti (786 posts) -

This episode was kinda "meh" to be honest, not great and not bad, just there... Only awesome thing, imo, was when Tyrese fought that other dude(don't even know what his name is) and showed him who's the "big dick". Mostly awesome because I really like that actor.

Also, off course the guvnah showed up at the EXACT second Andrea is about to wave at Rick and knew where she was in that big open area.. Such TV-bullshit and where was Andrea's shiv/knife btw ? Couldn't she have used it to stab his face?

#486 Posted by stryker1121 (1406 posts) -

@liquidprince: With TWD character motivations are all over the place (Andrea) and the talky stuff in between the action and zombie gore is often stilted or just poorly written. I had high hopes for the show and really want to like it, but TWD has not been able to reclaim the heights it reached during the excellent pilot. IMO of course.

My favorite show airing right now is Justified on FX. It's all that TWD is not..snappy writing, interesting characters, and consistently compelling from scene-to-scene. Deffo recommend it if you like Elmore Leonard-type dark humor/crime stuff.

#487 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (279 posts) -

This show has somehow found a way to make pretty much every significant character annoying, it's almost kind of impressive. Idk, this season has just gotten worse and worse, which is saying something considering how poorly it started off.

#488 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2294 posts) -

I will agree that the actor that plays Tyreese is awesome. I can't wait to see his character further develop and I'm kinda bummed he gets so little screen time.

The Daryl prequel game comes out in a few hours, I think I'm going to pick it up because I'm an idiot

#489 Edited by myketuna (1679 posts) -

The latest episode was alright. I'd say it was an improvement over last week's. At least the situation moved ahead a bit even if it was at a glacial pace.

Oh, and Andrea has totally hit rock bottom this episode right? Her indecisiveness is over and she's going to rise from the proverbial ashes and become the powerful, fierce phoenix of a person she is in the comics...right? I hope so.

#490 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Dammit my favourite character is gone =(

#491 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Same here. The only character in the show that was interesting to me. Gone. I really liked that conflict he had going with himself and wanted to see how that developed. They could have killed anyone else and I wouldn't have cared, yes even Rick.

#492 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@funkydupe said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

Same here. The only character in the show that was interesting to me. Gone. I really liked that conflict he had going with himself and wanted to see how that developed. They could have killed anyone else and I wouldn't have cared, yes even Rick.

Was such a good plan he had too, hoped he had taken out more of the town before being caught, good episode all and all, the final scene actually got me.

#493 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior: The remaining characters in the 'good' group are very shallow and one-dimensional at least that's what I feel. Nobody has real stage/scene presence either, not Rick and not the Governor. It is really hard to pick a second favorite.

Merle had that interesting potential to do great evil and great good, making him really valuable but unpredictable. What he did at the end was very brave and I assume really helped even the odds, and I suspect he knew that he'd never be accepted by his brother's "new family" and he would never return to the Governor. It was one of those discovering himself too late type of character moments. So he'd rather help out his brother than risk messing up the harmony in the group of survivors by rejoining it, even if it meant dying, and that's f'in awesome.

I found it a bit strange to see him turned so quickly, and him acting as a zombie wasn't all that, hehe, but no matter, 'tis done and it'll probably mess Daryl up real bad.

#494 Posted by Geralt (318 posts) -

Do you think the show can afford losing Daryl too? In case where he split from the group.

Regarding character development, Carol seems to become a good female character (considering how the show portrayed women in the past).

#495 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@geralt: I haven't read the comic so I don't know what'll happen. If Daryl, the Legolas of the Walking Dead, decided to leave we'd be without that sweet compound crossbow action and that's not good as we are in the Year of the Bow (Crysis 3/Tomb Raider for example). There'll always be new people I guess they can pick up people at any time, so losing people is expected, I just question the writer's choices of who to kill off. If nobody important dies, ever, the show gets boring and the zombies become irrelevant, and they're almost at the 'sheep to be herded' stage already as this episode was proof of.

#496 Edited by TheHT (11155 posts) -

THEY SHOT BEN!

#497 Edited by Quarters (1683 posts) -

One of the few episodes of the show I've genuinely liked. Though it still had a couple, it housed FAR less stupid moments from the characters. Plus, it was well-paced. Unfortunately, one of their best characters are gone now. If they lose Daryl too...man, I don't know if the show can survive that, unless there's some serious changes amongst the remaining characters. Though at least Rick wasn't as much of a raging douche.

#498 Edited by OneManX (1687 posts) -

I like the slower stuff, they are basically getting ready to die, which is what they've been preparing themselves for, but they are about to head into a war, NO ONE could of saw that coming, so it is interesting seeing what esscentially boils downto everyday people prepping for battle. But man the scene with Daryl seeing merle ... man the feels.

#499 Edited by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

What are peoples expectations for the finale? Based on stuff from the comics I don't know how they can end the current story arc in an ~40 minute episode. The way Merle was handled was surprising but I think that's partly because I stopped reading the comics a while ago and got used to the show and fell into a "these guys are probably safe" mode.

#500 Edited by TooWalrus (13176 posts) -

@theht said:

THEY SHOT BEN!

That doesn't make any sense I mean, whatever happened, happened, right? So wouldn't Ben remember being shot by Sayid as a child? I mean, are we just supposed to believe that The Others have some magical healing method that just happens to wipe your short-term memory? Come on, they're just making this shit up as they go along- hopefully next season will be better...